Author Topic: Richmond v Collingwood: Who has the better list?  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Richmond v Collingwood: Who has the better list?
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2016, 07:48:26 PM »
Not sure I buy the Collingwood hype. Their midfield is nice but to me they look very vulnerable or at least unproven at the ends of the ground.

If Reid fit stays for he's a gun

Moore is one the outstanding league KPF

In 2-3 years they look pretty good
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »
Not sure I buy the Collingwood hype. Their midfield is nice but to me they look very vulnerable or at least unproven at the ends of the ground.

I keep making the point that if their investments from last TP dont come through they're in big trouble. They have practically completely traded themselves out of this years draft and next. Imagine if they finish in the bottom third of the ladder at the end of this year and dont have their first 2 round picks??!!!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2016, 09:50:27 PM »
For sure they lack depth with kpps but as a collective i think they are better off than us.

Do they have plenty of work to do of course, but imo they dont drop away like we do in each area. we may have the best kpd or the best kpf we may even have an extra quality mid  :o but their b and c graders in all areas  crap all over ours.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 09:56:24 PM »

Cloke Reid and Moore it is formidable if they are all fit and in form.Thing is i reckon Reid will play chb because Gault has done more than enough to warrant an opportunity.I think Brodie Grundy will spend a fair bit of time fwd this year as well, and why not he was formidable as a junior when fwd. they can afford to do this because unlike us they have some pretty imposing ruckmen around 210cm  who have slowly been developing. Witts and Cox will give good contests at the least.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 10:57:57 PM »

Cloke Reid and Moore it is formidable if they are all fit and in form.Thing is i reckon Reid will play chb because Gault has done more than enough to warrant an opportunity.I think Brodie Grundy will spend a fair bit of time fwd this year as well, and why not he was formidable as a junior when fwd. they can afford to do this because unlike us they have some pretty imposing ruckmen around 210cm  who have slowly been developing. Witts and Cox will give good contests at the least.

Meh. A lot of "ifs" in there for mine.

You are quite generous when assessing opposition players.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2016, 07:26:12 AM »

If Witts and Cox wore yellow & black YOUD be bagging the clubs recruiting.
That said, I think the Pies will overtake us this year and possibly finish Top 4
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 11:45:04 PM »
Bump.

12 months is a long time in footy, eh Adam!  :wallywink
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 11:52:02 PM »
Bump.

It would still be nice to have him in our team though.  Gun player.
Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2017, 12:13:20 AM »
Bump.

True, he's a gun. But the Pies are going nowhere when they recruit the likes of Wells & Mayne. Treloar also cost Collingwood both their 2015 & 2016 first round picks. Their onfield performance since Bucks took over six years ago has continually gone backwards year on year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2017, 12:19:37 AM »
Bump.

True, he's a gun. But the Pies are going nowhere when they recruit the likes of Wells & Mayne. Treloar also cost Collingwood both their 2015 & 2016 first round picks. Their onfield performance since Bucks took over six years ago has continually gone backwards year on year.

:laugh:

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2017, 12:50:28 AM »
Bump.

And the problem is?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2018, 05:51:45 AM »
TRIPLE premiership Lion Jonathan Brown donned his walking shoes over the summer and watched several clubs train across Melbourne’s sporting precinct.

And when he got to the Holden Centre, he didn’t like what he saw.

Brown said he was left stunned earlier this year after watching a Collingwood pre-season training session where he sensed a lack of urgency.

“I get my benchmark — I look at Richmond … they train with intensity, they train with an urgency of a premiership team.

“I go down the road and watch Collingwood — there’s a lethargy. There’s a lack of urgency, a lack of intensity … blokes dawdling between drills.”

“The main thing for Collingwood is their kicking inside 50. They murdered the football last year — I would not like to be a forward playing for Collingwood at the moment. What do they at training? They do exactly the same thing,” Brown said.

“I’ve looked at the premiership team the day before and I’ve come to look at a very mediocre side the next day and you know what? There’s no wonder why one team won the premiership and one team was a mediocre team that didn’t play finals. That’s the difference between Richmond and Collingwood.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jonathan-browns-concern-for-magpies-after-watching-training-session-that-lacked-urgency/news-story/18a7974e1cef5ad8dd986461f7dafc8a

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2018, 07:55:39 AM »
OUCH!!!

:rollin

:lol

:jump
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2018, 10:42:56 AM »
Johno goes whacky whack .
Unleash the tornado

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2018, 11:02:16 AM »
Pendles said that when Browny watched them they were having a light session   :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do