Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 290197 times)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1395 on: August 27, 2024, 05:50:27 PM »
i thought the club doesnt leak anymore? :lol

A clear towards me. I'll leave it here together this ,eesafe across for the final time

I have made it very clear, continually baiting of posters ( including mods)  will result in suspensions

So Frankie, I'm giving you the same warning I've given others. Continue with the bating and you will receive a strike (suspension)

Come on WP

Regardless of who you think it’s directed at

IT’S A VALID POINT FRANKIE MAKES

Standards have dropped in basically every level of the club , it’s obvious

It’s also obvious the club has fallen back to leaking worse than the Titanic post iceberg

And regardless leak or no leak - what’s happened to freedom of speech in this world

Nothing said was offensive in any way shape or form ..

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1396 on: August 27, 2024, 05:52:56 PM »
Lmao @ people crying pover this...players aren't your mates any more than the local plumber is, they're both professionals...bloke's got 2-3 more years of good footy left in him that'll be wasted on us and we're gonna get some sweet high picks in the deepest draft in years.........he's a defensively shyte turnover merchant these days anyway...... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Wazza

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1397 on: August 27, 2024, 05:58:12 PM »
I hate that he wants to go. I understand he may want to win more games than lose and the money may be better but there's just something about honouring a contract and loyality that I think should play a part.
Honestly thought he would stay. Absolutely shattered he wants out. Hoping that mrj can come along and be another Rioli star.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1398 on: August 27, 2024, 06:00:38 PM »
WP you seem to be struggling to tell the difference between "baiting" and "banter" these days.....for a start baiting is trying to get someone to fly off the handle and/or break forum rules so they get suspended or you can report them, basically entrapment (eg '65's m.o.)...that's hardly going to work on the forum administrator is it now? :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1399 on: August 27, 2024, 06:07:40 PM »
Rumours is lukocius (spelling?) wants out right? How do people feel about their first round + Lukocius?

Only if Short leaves...can't afford to have two of them....Lukozade's arguably a minor upgrade...would've been for it earlier in the year, has talent but he's been exposed & confirmed as as a sooky, soft unaccountable downhill skiing bludger as the season's worn on and I'd say if he does want out it'd be most likely to SA anyway.... :shh

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1400 on: August 27, 2024, 06:20:01 PM »
Rumours is lukocius (spelling?) wants out right? How do people feel about their first round + Lukocius?

Not sure it's enough to satisfy me personally

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1401 on: August 27, 2024, 06:51:04 PM »
Got to bleed the sun's his contracted and wants to go there. I'll give Rioli credit never dropped his standards this season not like a few of the others leaving or staying put.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2024, 07:11:15 PM by georgies31 »

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1402 on: August 27, 2024, 06:57:29 PM »
Have no issues Daniel wants out.

No different to Ellis when we have him free ticket. He's contracted so we will be compensated it's when they leave on free agency that hurts with crap compo.

I can't stress how integral these trades are for our future success. Our list is rubbish with no top end talent under 25. We are stuffed unless we go hard on the first round this year and next.
Go Tigers!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1403 on: August 27, 2024, 07:12:20 PM »
Hardwick has shown his true self, all about Damian , I wouldn’t be doing him any favours , and if they don’t pay the right price , keep Dan, he still played good football this year and knew he was going .

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1404 on: August 27, 2024, 07:15:56 PM »
Hardwick has shown his true self, all about Damian , I wouldn’t be doing him any favours , and if they don’t pay the right price , keep Dan, he still played good football this year and knew he was going .

Spot on

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1405 on: August 27, 2024, 08:24:54 PM »
Don’t get the Dimma hate. Imo he’s doing us a favour here.

I rate Dan and am always disappointed to some extent when players request trades (assuming reports are correct), but I’ve always maintained flankers are a dime a dozen types. Sure there are exceptional players who fill that spot just like there is in every position but in terms of worth to a rebuilding side, well they’d have to be right near the bottom of the priority list.

Make Gold Coast give up their pick 6 (I’d honestly accept this on its own) and their next or second to next pick after that and let them hope it gets them closer to finals.

We need to worry about getting our spine right with top end talent - mids, key backs, key fwds and once we’re settled on that we can worry about the wings, flanks and pockets.

Opens up to junior to take his old man’s number which hopefully motivates him to take the next step.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1406 on: August 27, 2024, 08:50:07 PM »
Further yo your comment about flankers being a dime a dozen.
We have Banks, Tresize, Green and Smith as possibles.
To downgrade from Rioli to one of those and pick up picks 6 and 13 seems a good deal, especially considering where we are likely to be in development.

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1407 on: August 27, 2024, 09:00:48 PM »
I wonder who wins our B&F this year , could it be the back flanker .
Our recruiter if true to form will recruit flankers anyway as they have in other years so unless you have a say in recruiting your just speculating like the rest of us!And even if they recruit the spine , what’s the chance they will be as good Rioli ?
Who hates Hardwick no me, just disrespecting  a bloke who just looks after himself at the expense of others.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1408 on: August 27, 2024, 09:07:22 PM »
I don’t think being a b&f winner in a 2win wooden spoon winning side is the endorsement for a flanker that you think it is.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1409 on: August 27, 2024, 09:17:19 PM »
Further yo your comment about flankers being a dime a dozen.
We have Banks, Tresize, Green and Smith as possibles.
To downgrade from Rioli to one of those and pick up picks 6 and 13 seems a good deal, especially considering where we are likely to be in development.
This is spot on. If Yze had some balls Rioli would have played on a wing all year and the kids would have been playing in their best position.

Its a fact a lot of clubs start young players across hb because its an easier role to play. Have always had a bit of aversion to praising hb   because of this.