Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 290185 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1425 on: August 28, 2024, 08:19:24 AM »
Are the same people who sold the farm for TT & Hopper even though GWS wanted to and needed to get rid of them to free up cap space still in charge of our trade negotiations? :whistle

Blair Hartley  :shh

though i blame everyone for that.

I put alot of blame at the feet of our former Coach. They gave him what he wanted because he believed we could win another flag. And when it became apparent it wasn't going to happen said former coach bailed. A bit like (it appears) Daniel now.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 08:53:26 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1426 on: August 28, 2024, 08:46:24 AM »
Are the same people who sold the farm for TT & Hopper even though GWS wanted to and needed to get rid of them to free up cap space still in charge of our trade negotiations? :whistle

Blair Hartley  :shh

though i blame everyone for that.

I out alot of blame at the feet of our former Coach. They gave him what he wanted because he believed we could win another flag. And when it became apparent it wasn't going to happen said former coach bailed. A bit like (it appears) Daniel now.
:yep

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1427 on: August 28, 2024, 09:22:29 AM »

No one has complained about baiting. You never answer when I ask who you are referring to when you talk about the "playing favourites" bit. I've only ever commented that I didn't like how some posters posts get removed and others going through to the keeper at times. Nothing was ever said about baiting. I

1/ People have complained about the baiting. We have this little function called "report to moderator" it is via that function we get the complaints. Some use it constantly while others use it rarely. But there have been complaints. When people who in the past have never complained about anything suddenly raise their concerns about baiting, abuse etc then it's clear there is a problem that needs to be looked at.

2/ Yes the "the playing favourites" comment and the more harsh editing of and removal posts is a direct results of your complaint posted directly on the forum*** which you've repeated again above. Not sure how you can suggest that the inference isn't some posters are favoured over others. And FWIW when you first posted about this I answered you and made it clear that going forward what would be the outcome re baiting, abuse

If people are going to say ridiculous things I believe posters should have the right to remind them of that without the threat of suspension. Like seriously, toughen up a bit everyone

3/ to post the same comment in multiple threads to try and get response is baiting and trolling. The comment I highlighted has/had been posted on multiple threads over the last few days. Why? That is why I called it out.

4/ just because you don't agree with something that get posted, you don't need to belittle posters by referring to their posts as having said "ridiculous things". Don't agree then debate the comment, rather than resorting to snide comments

5/ as for the "toughen up a bit everyone" comment I'll let that one go through to the keeper.  >:(

Finally, back in 2015 we gave a very clear definition of what baiting and trolling and the decisionto keep in place the 3 strikes policy. Link below is where you can find it.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=21797.msg492402#msg492402

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1428 on: August 28, 2024, 10:17:28 AM »
Very selective ,if you answer the points at all ,  I wish I was a junior again and knew everything.
Where the guarantee that the players we recruit with all these picks are going to make the grade, I will the silence as NFI.
Team like GC , NM and WC are all trying to poach all our best senior players, they can’t all be wrong as they are all doing the ten year build and know they need senior players to mentor the kids and build culture , as history shows a team full of kids is doomed to fail. I wonder why Geelong and Sydney can keep their senior players bring in the best kids,  finish in the top 4 without slashing and burning. Balance is the key!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1429 on: August 28, 2024, 04:20:50 PM »
Balance was needed at the end of 2017. Its too late now. We have swallowed copious amounts of our own bath water and we are water logged and full of bacteria.

We have got too much wrong since 2017 but its hard to tell anyone that we are getting too much wrong when you are winning flags.
You tend to get howled down.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1430 on: August 28, 2024, 04:37:32 PM »
Balance was needed at the end of 2017. Its too late now. We have swallowed copious amounts of our own bath water and we are water logged and full of bacteria.

We have got too much wrong since 2017 but its hard to tell anyone that we are getting too much wrong when you are winning flags.

From 2017 we won 3 flags from that period mate not sure what your on about. It's from 2020 our last flag that's when standards dropped and rejuvenation should have happened.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1431 on: August 28, 2024, 06:45:01 PM »

From 2017 we won 3 flags from that period mate not sure what your on about. It's from 2020 our last flag that's when standards dropped and rejuvenation should have happened.

Agreed

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1432 on: August 28, 2024, 07:07:02 PM »

Think a fair bit went right in finishing top 2018, winning 2019 and 2020.

Lists age. That's a fact. We were restricted with Dusty and Lynch contract to pull in a Cameron FA like Geelong did and Sydney have their academy to help prop them up. I think k it's an unfair comparison.

We traded out Higgins who was our best first rounder for a long time. We lost Chol and CCJ who were our younger KP players.

It's very difficult to avoid the cliff. I still believe it is coming for Geelong. However if they get Oliver and Dale they've done well. Hard to compete with Cotton On contracts too.
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1433 on: August 28, 2024, 07:23:21 PM »
I rekn one of the biggest misses for us was not making a play for hogan at the end of 2022. Everyone knew Jack only had 1-2 years left in him and we didn’t really have any prospects to replace him as we’re seeing now. I remember we were very briefly linked with him and it could have been a case of him only wanting to go to Sydney, but boy would he have been very handy to have in our side.

Hindsight is 20-20 as they say.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1434 on: August 28, 2024, 08:37:56 PM »
I rekn one of the biggest misses for us was not making a play for hogan at the end of 2022. Everyone knew Jack only had 1-2 years left in him and we didn’t really have any prospects to replace him as we’re seeing now. I remember we were very briefly linked with him and it could have been a case of him only wanting to go to Sydney, but boy would he have been very handy to have in our side.

Gee that would have been nice.

Of all the players in the AFL from other clubs he's the one I am most happy for over the last few years.

I suspect he always wanted to be away from the big stage though.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1435 on: August 30, 2024, 05:20:21 PM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column on the AFL website

IF ...
in 2022 Daniel Rioli spoke of being a "Tiger for life now and I would not want to be anywhere else" when he signed a deal all the way through to the end of 2027, and if ex-Tigers-now-Suns coach Dimma Hardwick arrogantly said to media after beers with Rioli in April that Rioli was "contracted to Richmond for life, I reckon, so it was pretty innocent from our point of view" ...

THEN ...
as with sooooo many words uttered by footballers and coaches, they were nothing but lies.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1206926/sliding-doors-if-brand-petracca-wants-to-truly-hit-the-big-time-then

Can't stand the bloke but he's articulated what I think really  well

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1436 on: August 30, 2024, 09:13:49 PM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column:

IF ...
in 2022 Daniel Rioli spoke of being a "Tiger for life now and I would not want to be anywhere else" when he signed a deal all the way through to the end of 2027, and if ex-Tigers-now-Suns coach Dimma Hardwick arrogantly said to media after beers with Rioli in April that Rioli was "contracted to Richmond for life, I reckon, so it was pretty innocent from our point of view" ...

THEN ...
as with sooooo many words uttered by footballers and coaches, they were nothing but lies.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1206926/sliding-doors-if-brand-petracca-wants-to-truly-hit-the-big-time-then

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1437 on: August 31, 2024, 10:47:34 AM »
From Barrett's Sliding Doors column on the AFL website

IF ...

THEN ...

Can't stand the bloke but he's articulated what I think really  well

Yep thought the same.

Absolutely bang on. Will always love these two for what they have, but their reputations will be remembered differently to others.

Go Tigers!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1438 on: August 31, 2024, 11:01:28 AM »

I thought it came down to money, we weren't offering very much
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1439 on: August 31, 2024, 01:26:51 PM »

I thought it came down to money, we weren't offering very much

Maybe I’m honestly don’t know. Thought he wanted to get out of the fishbowl of Perth and Melbourne. Surely he wasn’t asking for too much coin considering how his time at freo went.