Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 290205 times)

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1410 on: August 27, 2024, 09:19:04 PM »
Still will be the best  player in our side currently, and probably (debatable )will be the best at GC, if he goes,   your belief that a 18 year kid is a guaranteed better prospect , shows a speculation and  naivety  on your behalf,

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1411 on: August 27, 2024, 09:20:26 PM »
I think Rioli is replaceable.

We only have to look at who our high quality running backs have been.

Houli - Pre Season draft
Short - Rookie
Rioli - Rejuvenated small forward

If we are offered Pick 6 and 15 for Daniel. Take it and run.

Anyone with pace and good skills can play off half back. Take Zorko who is 40 years old for example.

There is no guarantees the IDs we pick will be the answer. What is proven however is if you don't have enough top end talent you will never come close to winning a premiership. If we don't get into this year's first round and next year's with multiple selection we will be the next Essendon.
Go Tigers!

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1412 on: August 27, 2024, 09:29:54 PM »
True , if the offer those picks you would hope one may be ok. Still remember when we had 5 top 20 picks and only got pick1 right and gave up Ottens , big failure.
I won’t be surprise if any of those replacement back flankers are delisted in a year or 2 , but the juries out

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1413 on: August 27, 2024, 09:34:38 PM »

Houli - Pre Season draft
Short - Rookie

Anyone with pace and good skills can play off half back. Take Zorko who is 40 years old for example.

There is no guarantees the IDs we pick will be the answer. What is proven however is if you don't have enough top end talent you will never come close to winning a premiership. If we don't get into this year's first round and next year's with multiple selection we will be the next Essendon.

bombers, srewed up in 2020

2020 draft, 8, 9 and 10
2021 draft 13
2022 draft 5, 25
2023 draft 10
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1414 on: August 27, 2024, 09:36:06 PM »
Still will be the best  player in our side currently, and probably (debatable )will be the best at GC, if he goes,   your belief that a 18 year kid is a guaranteed better prospect , shows a speculation and  naivety  on your behalf,

‘your belief that a 18 year kid is a guaranteed better prospect , shows a speculation and  naivety  on your behalf’. That would indeed be naive if I had ever said that, however that isn’t the case. My point is and has always been that a half back flanker is a luxury position and certainly not anywhere near a top priority when rebuilding a side. If we can get a top10 pick for him and hopefully more, I’m doing that deal. Are the players we take with those picks garaunteed to be stars? Ofcourse not. Very rarely do you come accross a can’t miss draft pick, but the only way we’re going to get the foundation of a contending side again is with top end talent and the most pressing areas, just like with any side in the history of the game, are key position players and mids.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1415 on: August 27, 2024, 09:41:56 PM »

Houli - Pre Season draft
Short - Rookie

bombers, srewed up in 2020

2020 draft, 8, 9 and 10
2021 draft 13
2022 draft 5, 25
2023 draft 10

2020 draft was meh, many clubs got it wrong with impact of Covid on pathways.

They picked up decent kids but have treated them like poo. They've also got mid table crabs and stunted their chances like Caldwell, Shiel, Setterfield.
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1416 on: August 27, 2024, 10:33:48 PM »

Come on WP

Regardless of who you think it’s directed at

IT’S A VALID POINT FRANKIE MAKES

Standards have dropped in basically every level of the club , it’s obvious

It’s also obvious the club has fallen back to leaking worse than the Titanic post iceberg

And regardless leak or no leak - what’s happened to freedom of speech in this world

Nothing said was offensive in any way shape or form ..

Baiting doesn't have to offensive or abusive. A simple statement to try and get a riled up response is baiting

Frankie's post didn't mention anything about standards, just one of these  :lol which sort of gave it away that it was his direct dig at another poster. Perhaps if he had actually articulated his post was about the dropcin standards then I wouldn't have replied the way I did but he didn't.

I'm all for freedom of speech but I have said numerous times over the last few weeks be careful what you wish for.  So we don't get accused of playing favourites anything that could and can be construed as baiting will be called out and removed.

People can't have it both ways
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 08:19:48 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1417 on: August 27, 2024, 10:44:08 PM »
WP you seem to be struggling to tell the difference between "baiting" and "banter" these days.....for a start baiting is trying to get someone to fly off the handle and/or break forum rules so they get suspended or you can report them, basically entrapment (eg '65's m.o.)...that's hardly going to work on the forum administrator is it now? :shh

Umm no I'm not.

And you are right baiting is to an extent trying to get someone so worked up they fly of the handle and abuse. I get banter but please don't try and justify baiting by suggesting " oh it was just banter"...

I have always let go the very clear baitng posts directed at me (funny how they never got reported). But as I've said and I'll keep repeating, that will no longer be the case
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 08:20:04 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1418 on: August 27, 2024, 10:44:14 PM »

Come on WP

Regardless of who you think it’s directed at

IT’S A VALID POINT FRANKIE MAKES

Standards have dropped in basically every level of the club , it’s obvious

It’s also obvious the club has fallen back to leaking worse than the Titanic post iceberg

And regardless leak or no leak - what’s happened to freedom of speech in this world

Nothing said was offensive in any way shape or form ..

Baiting doesn't have to offensive or abusive. A simple statement to try and get a riled up response I'd baiting

Frankie's post didn't mention anything about standards, just one of these  :lol which sort of gave it away that it was his direct dig at another poster. Perhaps if he had actually articulated his post was about the dropcin standards then I wouldn't have replied the way I did but he didn't.

I'm all for freedom of speech but I have said numerous times over the last few weeks be careful what you wish for.  So we don't get accused of playing favourites anything that could and can be construed as baiting will be called out and removed.

People can't have it both ways

No one has complained about baiting. You never answer when I ask who you are referring to when you talk about the "playing favourites" bit. I've only ever commented that I didn't like how some posters posts get removed and others going through to the keeper at times. Nothing was ever said about baiting. I

If people are going to say ridiculous things I believe posters should have the right to remind them of that without the threat of suspension. Like seriously, toughen up a bit everyone
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1419 on: August 27, 2024, 11:13:49 PM »
Tom Stewart, Francis Bourke, Luke Hodge, etc, mmm
makes you wonder why GC are so desperate to get him and believe he is an absolute necessity. What would they know about modern day football, lol , they even tagged Tom Stewart this year.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1420 on: August 27, 2024, 11:26:33 PM »
Dan Rioli is none of those players. I’m too young to know what type of player Francis Bourke was but unless he was a rebounding half back, I don’t get the comparison there either.

In any case you keep missing the point. Gold Coast are a team trying to get over the hill, get into finals and push for a flag. They have 15 years worth of top end draft picks through their continued finishing in the bottom half of the ladder, their academy and AFL handouts. After building their entire list they’ve identified that their run and rebound out of defence is lacking. That’s where Dan comes into play as the cream on top of an already built and developed list.

In our current state a running half back is the least of worries and if we can turn him into an elite midfield or key position top10 draft pick then that’s a win in my eyes.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1421 on: August 28, 2024, 12:07:28 AM »
Are the same people who sold the farm for TT & Hopper even though GWS wanted to and needed to get rid of them to free up cap space still in charge of our trade negotiations? :whistle
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1422 on: August 28, 2024, 12:10:15 AM »
Has Richmond or Rioli confermed this, or is it such more media BS

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1423 on: August 28, 2024, 07:11:39 AM »
Sad news if reports correct.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1424 on: August 28, 2024, 07:16:14 AM »
Are the same people who sold the farm for TT & Hopper even though GWS wanted to and needed to get rid of them to free up cap space still in charge of our trade negotiations? :whistle

Blair Hartley  :shh

though i blame everyone for that.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.