Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 237320 times)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2017, 08:39:40 AM »
Does anyone else think he has gotten taller as well!
That clip from the practice match a week or so ago, he flew for the footy then got it on the ground and gave it off to someone running by.
I had to replay it as the number 17 looked taller than I was used to.

I'd like to know if he is still 179cm tall because he looks taller than that now.

I reckon he has definitely got taller

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2017, 08:58:28 AM »
Does anyone else think he has gotten taller as well!
That clip from the practice match a week or so ago, he flew for the footy then got it on the ground and gave it off to someone running by.
I had to replay it as the number 17 looked taller than I was used to.

I'd like to know if he is still 179cm tall because he looks taller than that now.

I reckon he has definitely got taller

Compared to the listed height of other players hes running next to, he aint 179cm anymore.

Maybe 183cm at a guess.

Really liked that 65m kick from half back. Just wow
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2017, 12:21:33 PM »
Not sure if he's any taller but he looks bigger,faster and stronger with improved kicking and decision mking
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #303 on: February 19, 2017, 12:19:19 AM »
Real concern is this kid and ffs he is still a skinny second yr kid who has just come off a promising but way below average afl season,  is being set up for a big fall from overly optimistic supporters.
Lets just let him prove it on the footy field first before we acclaim him as the second coming.That would really make a change for once.

he has gained 10 kg in the off season & is progressing nicely thankyou
So you disagree do you have to act so childish about it.
Even if he gained 10kg he still looks skinny.

Only thing im asking Where are the drug testers 10 kg in a season wow we have some sort of set up going down at tiger land.Sad thing is we all know its an area we have been abysmal in.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 12:19:37 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #304 on: February 25, 2017, 05:52:59 AM »
Wow this kid is amazing!

Just wondering though if putting on that 10kg was a good idea?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Ruanaidh

« Reply #305 on: February 25, 2017, 06:21:24 AM »
Wow this kid is amazing!

no problems at all. When I was his age I put on 20kg over s 2 year bodybuilding period mixed with footy training, My youngest (16) put on 6 KG's of muscle in 6 weeks over the Xmas period. Btw this kid will win a Brownlow.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: February 25, 2017, 07:04:39 AM »
Wow this kid is amazing!

no problems at all. When I was his age I put on 20kg over s 2 year bodybuilding period mixed with footy training, My youngest (16) put on 6 KG's of muscle in 6 weeks over the Xmas period. Btw this kid will win a Brownlow.
My story is similar. I too have put on 20 kegs but over a longer period of time through a mixture of eating and drinking with reduced exercise.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #307 on: February 25, 2017, 07:30:22 AM »
Wow this kid is amazing!

My story is similar. I too have put on 20 kegs but over a longer period of time through a mixture of eating and drinking with reduced exercise.
Keto for you asap.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #308 on: February 25, 2017, 08:51:22 AM »
Wow this kid is amazing!

lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #309 on: February 25, 2017, 12:50:04 PM »
Tambling had a blinder and looked like a superstar in a NAB Cup game once as well..... :shh

....but no seriously Danny boy will be a bonafide superstar of the comp.....maybe even as early as this year., though it was fairly obvious he would be to anyone who even remotely understands footy last year........ :shh :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #310 on: February 26, 2017, 09:07:20 AM »
I've always said it. The Rioli name should always be in yellow & black.
If there's a "Rioli" on offer in the draft Richmond should be doing everything in its power to secure him.

More often then not a "Rioli" will be better than what we've got.
I was frustrated we never did more to get Cyril or Dean.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #311 on: February 26, 2017, 12:09:59 PM »
If there's a "Rioli" on offer in the draft Richmond should be doing everything in its power to secure him.

Cyril went at 12 in the 2007 draft, I'm not sure that he'd have been worth no 2 at the time although hindsight has always been wonderful
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #312 on: February 26, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »

Cyril went at 12 in the 2007 draft, I'm not sure that he'd have been worth no 2 at the time although hindsight has always been wonderful
That might have been the case at the time but that's why a club has to be smart. Trade off some players that have currency or potential etc to secure another pick that can be used to get the player you want. The Rioli footy gene is going to have more hits than misses.
Unfortunately our club isn't that smart.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
When asked about his tackling ability in a post-match interview on ‘Fox Footy’, Rioli replied:  “I played a little bit of rugby back in the day . . . I guess being that small forward, you’ve got to apply pressure.  It’s what you get paid to do.”

“Playing a few games last year helped me out for this season, to get prepared for what’s to come,” Rioli said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-02-28/rioli-reaps-rewards-from-rugby

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: March 02, 2017, 02:15:24 AM »
Daniel Rioli ready to sign a new deal to remain at Richmond

JON RALPH,
Herald Sun
March 2, 2017

EXCITING Richmond goalsneak Daniel Rioli is ready to commit to a long-term contract extension with the Tigers.

The second-year forward has shown brilliant glimpses of his potential in the preseason as one of Richmond’s most dynamic young players.

His management and the Tigers are in negotiations, with Rioli prepared to sign a deal of up to three years despite his youth.

Paul Koutoufides said on Wednesday he and the Tigers list management department continued to make progress on that deal.

The cousin of Cyril Rioli, who wears grandfather Maurice’s number 17 at Richmond, still lives with coach Damien Hardwick.

“We are in discussions at the moment. I don’t think we will have an issue with the contract itself,” Koutoufides told the Herald Sun.

“It will be multiple years, it might be (three), we are working through that. I don’t see any issue with the contract itself.

“We have no intention of looking at another club or sounding out another club. We want him to stay at the Tigers and I am sure they want him.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/daniel-rioli-ready-to-sign-a-new-deal-to-remain-at-richmond/news-story/62b5de087c225fe06ababc3c40270df1