Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 238719 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #945 on: April 19, 2021, 10:38:32 PM »
...and there's the 100th post by claw bagging him... :clapping
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #946 on: April 20, 2021, 06:17:04 AM »
Much better.

5 tackles should be the benchmark of he's a pressure forward.
Lol had 5 tackles but imo spent more time in the midfield and only one tackle was inside fifty. Would have been more but he is so pee weak his tackles are not effective. Gotta ask is this bloke playing scared?
Fmd he is supposed to be classy yet most of the game all i saw him falling over fumbling horribly always late to the contest and avoiding contact.
Can not stand this bloke atm because he is a pretender.

I think his first tackle in the first quarter led to a holding the ball decision. He started off well. Hopefully St Kilda game was the kick start to his season.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #947 on: April 20, 2021, 11:44:59 AM »
...and there's the 100th post by claw bagging him... :clapping

Sheesh only 100 i need to lift me game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #948 on: April 23, 2021, 04:55:24 AM »
Daniel Rioli is set to become the youngest triple premiership player in Richmond’s history to reach the 100-game milestone.

The speedy, skilful small forward will be 24 years and eight days old when he lines up for the Tigers against Melbourne in Saturday night’s Anzac Day Eve blockbuster at the MCG.

He will eclipse the achievement of triple premiership teammate Jason Castagna, who played his 100th game of AFL football in Round 3 this season against Sydney, aged 24 years and 265 days.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/917834/rioli-s-rare-richmond-record

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #949 on: April 23, 2021, 07:52:49 AM »
Well done Dan. Congratulations :clapping

Don’t listen to the haters brother.  :rollin

Just kick 4 on Saturday night.  :gotigers

The club that keeps giving.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #950 on: April 23, 2021, 11:05:06 AM »

unfortunately that aint likely to happen.  In his 99 games to date he has kicked more than two on just six occasions three goals five times  and 4 goals just once.
In fact he has kicked two goals on 17 occasions leaving a mammoth 76 times he has kicked just one 33times  or no goals 43 times  a game. At the end of all that he averages just 0.84 goals a game and people think theres no room for criticism.
My moneys on 2  this week as they will be looking to feed him.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #951 on: April 23, 2021, 11:15:03 AM »

unfortunately that aint likely to happen.  In his 99 games to date he has kicked more than two on just six occasions three goals five times  and 4 goals just once.
In fact he has kicked two goals on 17 occasions leaving a mammoth 76 times he has kicked just one 33times  or no goals 43 times  a game. At the end of all that he averages just 0.84 goals a game and people think theres no room for criticism.

Must be doing something right given he is a 3 time Premiership player at his young age :whistle

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #952 on: April 23, 2021, 11:34:30 AM »
His 3 premierships trump everything else.  He needs to be in the team.  He doesn't need to kick heaps of goals or get 20 possession. It is what he does without the ball that sets him apart and it is what our game plan and success has been built around.   

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #953 on: April 23, 2021, 11:40:05 AM »

Must be doing something right given he is a 3 time Premiership player at his young age :whistle
Or god forbid the match committee get the odd thing wrong every now and then.  :o

Na that just cannot be right, they never get anything wrong !!!!and it is just plain old folly to even suggest it. so lets all just sing their praises and forget about it. ::).

Now back on topic and a few questions. Do you think its okay to not kick a goal in 43 of 99 games what percentage is that i wonder.
Further to that kick just one goal another 33 times.  76 games out of 99 one goal or less is not exactly a great return would you not agree? 0.84 goals a game is a tad under par for a permanent small fwd even a so called defensive one or do you disagree?

It does suggest something is WWWRRRROOONNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Na forget it they just dont get anything wrong how silly of me to even question them.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #954 on: April 23, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »
His 3 premierships trump everything else.  He needs to be in the team.  He doesn't need to kick heaps of goals or get 20 possession. It is what he does without the ball that sets him apart and it is what our game plan and success has been built around.

Three premierships some would suggest he was lucky to play in two of them.
Winning a premiership is the whole point of the exercise but it doesnt over ride everything.If that were the case no premiership player from any team would ever get dropped no matter how poor the form.

Why does he need to be in the team we won three flags in romps they were a walk in the park him or Aarts or Ross or who ever it would not have made a difference it would still have been a walk in the park.
If i have this wrong i apologise, awhile ago  i looked into how many games we have played without him and how many we won & lost.

If memory serves me right he had up to that point missed 22 games and we won 16 lost 6 and four of the losses were interstate.
This really does suggest we dont miss him when he is there and he doesnt need to be in the team.

Finally i disagree he plays as a permanent fwd. 35 goals a season would be nice and a not unrealistic expectation imo.
No one is asking for 20 disposals that is just deflection on your part. What is he doing with out the ball very freakin little in this he has been poor for ages. But hey hes a three time premiership player and as such has to be defended at all costs.
Just my opinion but blokes like Graham Edwards Bolton and Lambert all should rotate thru the fwd half collectively becoming the third small fwd.Fmd they did alright against Stkilda between the 4 kicking what 5 goals ?? This then allows us to play One of the young mids we desperately need to get games into. just my opinion but Rioli  is costing a young mid a game atm.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #955 on: April 23, 2021, 04:33:51 PM »
He's there for MRJ. Once MRJ is committed and can't leave then I'd be happy to shop Dan Rioli around.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #956 on: April 23, 2021, 04:57:47 PM »
Charlie Cameron and papley aside small forwards kicking huge bags in a year is typically down. The style of play these days is to pull opponents away from the tall forward. I think Rioli does that well. That being said I definitely think he should add extra goals to his yearly tally but to say he is lucky to be part of the 19 and 20 premiership is not fair in my opinion

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #957 on: April 23, 2021, 06:25:37 PM »
Rioli's 100 game career highlights:

Watch here: https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1385474516583817224

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #958 on: April 23, 2021, 10:07:01 PM »

Three premierships some would suggest he was lucky to play in two of them.
Winning a premiership is the whole point of the exercise but it doesnt over ride everything.If that were the case no premiership player from any team would ever get dropped no matter how poor the form.

Why does he need to be in the team we won three flags in romps they were a walk in the park him or Aarts or Ross or who ever it would not have made a difference it would still have been a walk in the park.
If i have this wrong i apologise, awhile ago  i looked into how many games we have played without him and how many we won & lost.

If memory serves me right he had up to that point missed 22 games and we won 16 lost 6 and four of the losses were interstate.
This really does suggest we dont miss him when he is there and he doesnt need to be in the team.

Finally i disagree he plays as a permanent fwd. 35 goals a season would be nice and a not unrealistic expectation imo.
No one is asking for 20 disposals that is just deflection on your part. What is he doing with out the ball very freakin little in this he has been poor for ages. But hey hes a three time premiership player and as such has to be defended at all costs.
Just my opinion but blokes like Graham Edwards Bolton and Lambert all should rotate thru the fwd half collectively becoming the third small fwd.Fmd they did alright against Stkilda between the 4 kicking what 5 goals ?? This then allows us to play One of the young mids we desperately need to get games into. just my opinion but Rioli  is costing a young mid a game atm.

I don't think your ever lucky to play in a premiership at this level let alone 3.  If other gun mids were good enough they'd be playing

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #959 on: April 23, 2021, 10:44:45 PM »

Or god forbid the match committee get the odd thing wrong every now and then.  :o

Na that just cannot be right, they never get anything wrong !!!!and it is just plain old folly to even suggest it. so lets all just sing their praises and forget about it. ::).

Now back on topic and a few questions. Do you think its okay to not kick a goal in 43 of 99 games what percentage is that i wonder.
Further to that kick just one goal another 33 times.  76 games out of 99 one goal or less is not exactly a great return would you not agree? 0.84 goals a game is a tad under par for a permanent small fwd even a so called defensive one or do you disagree?

It does suggest something is WWWRRRROOONNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! Na forget it they just dont get anything wrong how silly of me to even question them.

So match committee have got it wrong 99 times? Think you need to drop the negative comments and except he plays the way match committee want him to play. You might not like it but those who matter do :shh