Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 238710 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1215 on: July 17, 2023, 01:52:58 PM »
Only gets a game because of his surname

He’s probably my favourite player
Out and out superstar

He gets a game because he’s a sensational player

Comparing comments made in relation to his uncle is absurd

Certain posters were indeed saying that before last year and at least one still pots him half the time. (no prizes for guessing who) :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Broadsword

« Reply #1216 on: July 17, 2023, 02:32:12 PM »
Only gets a game because of his surname

He’s probably my favourite player
Out and out superstar

He gets a game because he’s a sensational player

Comparing comments made in relation to his uncle is absurd

Certain posters were indeed saying that before last year and at least one still pots him half the time. (no prizes for guessing who) :shh
Does it rhyme with 'the bore'?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1217 on: July 17, 2023, 04:18:17 PM »
 :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Broadsword

« Reply #1218 on: July 17, 2023, 04:21:06 PM »
 :shh

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1219 on: July 17, 2023, 04:29:04 PM »
Say no “more”

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1220 on: July 17, 2023, 04:48:56 PM »
McLeod like, the way Dan is playing

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1221 on: July 17, 2023, 04:56:57 PM »
McLeod like, the way Dan is playing

With afterburners

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1222 on: July 18, 2023, 12:03:24 AM »
The Positive: Dan Rioli

Dan Rioli’s performance off half-back was simply sublime.

He racked up a game-high 31 disposals, equalling his career high, and went at 97 per cent efficiency.

Rioli also produced a game-high 556 metres gained, seven score involvements, five inside 50s, four rebound 50s and three clearances in a best-on-ground display.

His run and carry out of defence was invaluable and he is now one of the club’s most consistent performers week in, week out.

- Andrew Slevison

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/07/17/overreactions-positives-negatives-and-undroppables-for-all-18-afl-teams-in-18/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1223 on: July 22, 2023, 04:54:56 PM »
After a quiet first three quarters [ed. he went off with an ankle for a period], Daniel Rioli has had 7 disposals in the last quarter, the most on the ground. He has had four intercept possesions, three contested possesions, and two score involvements.

https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/4943#timeline

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1224 on: July 22, 2023, 05:07:39 PM »
After a quiet first three quarters [ed. he went off with an ankle for a period], Daniel Rioli has had 7 disposals in the last quarter, the most on the ground. He has had four intercept possesions, three contested possesions, and two score involvements.

https://www.afl.com.au/afl/matches/4943#timeline
He may have been quiet stats wise but was working his arse off defensively.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1225 on: July 22, 2023, 05:15:29 PM »
Incredible last quarter. That clean gather of the loose ball between two Hawks and burst off the defensive side of the square was brilliant. He's an elite HB now days. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1226 on: July 22, 2023, 05:16:41 PM »
Shows how important short is. Teams who target rioli when short isn’t playing shut down almost all our run out of the defensive half. Banks was solid helping out with this too.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1227 on: August 10, 2023, 02:32:17 PM »
'I thought I was in trouble': Tigers speedster's injury scare

By Martin Smith
afl.com.au
10 August 2023

RICHMOND speedster Daniel Rioli is confident of being fit to play St Kilda on Sunday despite fearing he'd suffered a serious ankle injury during last week's loss to the Western Bulldogs.

Rioli was off the field for most of the second quarter last Friday night at Marvel Stadium after hurting his ankle late in the first term, but he has told Yokayi Footy he should take his place against the Saints this weekend.

The 26-year-old indicated he was about to be subbed out of the game before teammate Jacob Hopper suffered a concussion and was forced off, meaning Rioli had to push through the discomfort and play out the second half.

"I thought I was in trouble," Rioli told Yokayi Footy. "I was going to sub myself out and put (Rhyan) Mansell on, another brother boy sitting on the bench, but lucky enough I got the magic juice and got back out there.

"I got told what had happened (with Hopper) so obviously I had to force myself to go out there and play.

"They did their magic downstairs and I came back, felt really good and played the game out.

"I'm all good ... just slowly recovering. It was just an awkward landing and I'm just trying to get the swelling down now. That's all that's hurting me at the moment, the swelling, so once that's down, I should be right to go on Sunday."

Medical staff are confident the nine-day break between games will work in Rioli's favour for a match the Tigers must win to keep their finals hopes alive.

Interim coach Andrew McQualter praised Rioli's resilience for playing out the game after Hopper's concussion meant subbing the defender out wasn't an option.

"Daniel's pretty tough," McQualter said. "He was able to fight through and keep playing for the team, which was important."

The selection of Rioli to face the Saints will add to the returns of veteran trio Dustin Martin, Trent Cotchin and Dylan Grimes, who all missed the heavy defeat to the Bulldogs. Young forward Maurice Rioli will also be back from concussion.

Sitting one-and-a-half wins and percentage outside the top eight with three rounds to play, the Tigers seemingly face an uphill battle to play finals with games against the Saints, North Melbourne and Port Adelaide (away) to come.

"We obviously want to make finals, that's always the end goal, but it's obviously going to be really tough with the teams we're playing," Rioli said.

"We want to focus on playing our way and finish off the way we want to start next year. It's head down, bum up and we're going to give it our all.

"It's been an up-and-down season ... we're trying to excite the fans and play our way, we're just not competing the way we want to on the field. We just have to play a four-quarter game."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1003797/i-thought-i-was-in-trouble-richmond-tigers-speedster-daniel-rioli-injury-scare

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1228 on: August 11, 2023, 03:12:54 PM »
Geez not sure where you blokes are coming from. Dont think ive bagged him since the move to the hb line.
While i did voice the opinion that he was mostly poor as a fwd and failed as a mid and boy do i stand by those comments. the criticsm and not of Rioli back in june 2021  but of how we were going about it  was i thought the role should go to defenders we had, or a kid as that is what most clubs have done over the years. I stand by them and i stand by the comment that i think the running hb role is an easy one for reasons that are pretty obvious.

Think i even compared him to the other hb we have had and said he was the best of them basically have also acknowledged unlike the others he not only provides run but defends well.

Unlike some here, i will continue to say when he has a bad game or poor period in a game like i do with all our players.And im gunna enjoy the outraged objections.

Last i would in heart beat move him to a wing play Brown in his role and pee McIntosh off to who ever is dumb enough to take him. Also  play Ross as a mid rather than a winger.

The other option i have often mentioned to allow Brown to play in his best position is play Broad on a wing to get games into Brown in the back half someone has move or be dropped.

Its funny people here bitch and moan about the lack of kids getting a go but never come up with ways it may be achieved.

I think from here on in im just gunna join the club and just bitch like you lot and give no reason why.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1229 on: August 11, 2023, 03:19:46 PM »
Geez not sure where you blokes are coming from. Dont think ive bagged him since the move to the hb line.

Correct, it was the many years that he wasnt hbf where you persistently bagged the crap out of him