Author Topic: Daniel Rioli [merged]  (Read 290285 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Daniel Rioli [merged]
« Reply #1350 on: August 12, 2024, 08:20:03 AM »
Daniel Rioli receives the 2024 Ian Stewart Medal for best on ground

https://x.com/Richmond_FC/status/1822547834534768852

Building his trade value because he loves the club

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1351 on: August 12, 2024, 02:19:30 PM »
Hate to lose him but cash in while his value is high .
Unleash the tornado

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1352 on: August 12, 2024, 02:58:58 PM »
I maintain I don't want to lose him.

If we can secure trade/FA deals for Baker, Bolton, Short and Graham that'll be enough.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1353 on: August 12, 2024, 03:09:29 PM »
We owe dimma for bending us over with Hopper, and then blowing smoke up our arse on his recruitment by the suns.  Its pay back stuff him.

If i hear the club spit out that garbage of looking after our players who have given us so much and now want to leave, il spew up i reckon.

Have they got any elite players we can grab along with 2 first round draft picks? Also what picks do they have?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1354 on: August 12, 2024, 04:24:05 PM »
We owe dimma for bending us over with Hopper, and then blowing smoke up our arse on his recruitment by the suns.  Its pay back stuff him.

If i hear the club spit out that garbage of looking after our players who have given us so much and now want to leave, il spew up i reckon.

Have they got any elite players we can grab along with 2 first round draft picks? Also what picks do they have?

They currently have 7 + 12 + 20 in R1.

I'd be seeing if we can get Jed Walter off them. Another one of those academy jokes where they get to take a handful of 1st rounder's for pennies on the dollar.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1355 on: August 12, 2024, 05:38:02 PM »

They currently have 7 + 12 + 20 in R1.

I'd be seeing if we can get Jed Walter off them. Another one of those academy jokes where they get to take a handful of 1st rounder's for pennies on the dollar.

ashcroft and lombard will push them out.

Id start with pick 9, 14 and next years first round. Throw jed walter in plus those 3 picks and we have a deal mofos.

dan is contracted and we will likely lose MRJ so pay up or get the stuff outta here Dimma and stop pretending you gaf about the fortunes of the RFC now.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1356 on: August 12, 2024, 10:15:44 PM »
One can only hope.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1357 on: August 21, 2024, 11:07:26 PM »
Jon Ralph suggesting he may be keen to move for a fresh start.

If true Yze sure has some explaining to do. The amount of  players are wanting get away from him is crazy.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1358 on: August 21, 2024, 11:25:01 PM »

If true Yze sure has some explaining to do. The amount of  players are wanting get away from him is crazy.

How are you turning this into an Yze issue? Players wanting to leave after dropping down the ladder and seeing all their team mates retire is quite common. Besides if a player wants to go as soon as the times get tough, do we really want them here during a rebuild?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1359 on: August 21, 2024, 11:50:42 PM »
I don't believe he wants to leave personally.

Playing like he's invested.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1360 on: August 22, 2024, 07:13:26 AM »
I don't believe he wants to leave personally.

Playing like he's invested.

Baker has played all season as if he's invested too but he's likely goneskis

How are you turning this into an Yze issue? Players wanting to leave after dropping down the ladder and seeing all their team mates retire is quite common. Besides if a player wants to go as soon as the times get tough, do we really want them here during a rebuild?

Agree with you here TK, not sure how it is a Yze issue. Things have got tough and players who signed huge deals in the great times, suddenly want to go. T9 me at least it says more about the players than it does the coach

There's a thread where Cornes has suggested that both Taranto and Hopper should be filthy about what they were sold and what they've ended up with. But both have said they want to be part of the rebuild. Ditto Broad.

So where I sit it isn't a coach issue it's a players ussue
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1361 on: August 22, 2024, 07:27:00 AM »
Just coz hopper and Taranto have said they wanna be a part of it doesn’t mean they’re happy. Probably just saying what they have to say.

I’d be absolutely spewing if I were those two.

Could see one or both of them moving on in the next few years like Tom Mitchell and omeara at hawks

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1362 on: August 22, 2024, 07:30:16 AM »

The whole club is changing, Balme, Peggy, Gale, Hardwick, McQualter gone, a lot of gun players have retired, so some other players might just think it's a good time for a new start.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1363 on: August 22, 2024, 08:14:56 AM »
Just coz hopper and Taranto have said they wanna be a part of it doesn’t mean they’re happy. Probably just saying what they have to say.

Could see one or both of them moving on in the next few years like Tom Mitchell and omeara at hawks

Believe me Sim, I don't blame them if they're peeved, I'd be so bloody angry

But I'm prepared to take both at their word on this until they say otherwise

From what I've been able to work out,  they are both in the leadership group (had it confirmed at player sponsor night's we actually do have one). So I'm expecting at least one to slot into being one of our VCs **

** I say VC as I assuming unless he's asked to relinquish it, I'm expecting (assuming) Nank remains captain
« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 12:55:57 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1364 on: August 22, 2024, 12:06:28 PM »

Believe me Sim, I don't blame them if they're peeved, I'd be so bloody angry

But I'm prepared to take both at their word on this until they say otherwise

From what I've been able to work out,  they are both in the leadership group (had it confirmed at player sponsor night's we actually do have one). So I'm expecting at least one to slot into beingone of our VCs **

** I say VC as I massaging unless he's asked to relinquish it, I'm expecting (assuming) Nank remains captain

Regardless there form has been utter rubbish this season to many exuse for them on.the length of contract on and $$.