Author Topic: Oleg Markov [merged]  (Read 94962 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Oleg Markov [merged]
« Reply #270 on: September 01, 2018, 10:26:35 PM »
It’s a shame this bloke has had such a terrible injury run this year as I was hoping to see more of him in the senior side. Looks the goods when I’ve seen him play in the reserves.

Tonight wasn’t any different. Really hope he replaces B.Ellis eventually as I think he doesn’t have the same timid difficiencies that Brandon has. Oleg also likes to kick the footy forwards which is completely opposite to what we consistently see Brandon do.

I doubt he will play on Thursday night but I hope we will see the swap soon enough.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2019, 07:49:29 PM »
Markov interview: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-01-24/markovs-defensive-focus-qldcamp2019

“I always wanted to put on mass and weight, the only issue was last year when I came back from shoulder surgery, I ended up losing about seven kilos,” Markov said.

“Now I feel like I’m in the right mindset and I’ve put on enough mass to give myself a good foundation and a good base for the next year."

“(Last year) was a rollercoaster and it’s given me more of a reason to wake up every morning and feel really grateful that the body’s working really well and I’m able to go out there and have fun with all the boys and enjoy it,” he said.

“Last year I was in rehab, so camp for me was just running laps. I felt a little isolated at times, so this year to get really in amongst it, it’s been really good fun.”

In the meantime, Markov is working on enhancing his skills as a rebounding half-back.

“My defensive side needed a lot of work so that’s something I’ve taken into consideration so far in the pre-season,” he said.

“Putting on the mass has given me the confidence to defend well, get physical and use the ball offensively when I get it.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-24/markov-confident-after-rollercoaster-year

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2019, 11:06:12 AM »
Thoughts on Markov's game yesterday? Will he play round 1?

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2019, 11:57:35 AM »
Apart from that pathetic effort on the boundary line which led to gartlett's goal and not disposing of the ball before he was obviously going to be run down by hunt, thought he was very good.

However bachar and short were better so the spots are theirs to lose. Not sure where he fits in elsewhere unless you take out broad for more run but think this is where balta will play once lynch comes into the forward line.

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2019, 12:14:24 PM »
Think there are a few ahead of him at that moment, but thought he was OK yesterday. Took the game on and made some mistakes, but that is what preseason games are all about.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2019, 01:15:36 PM »
Had a few howlers but outside of that was really solid. Like the idea that he will actually defend a player unlike some others who get games.
Good to see him continue to take the game on after the Hunt run down and good to see him take the game on by foot has to be in front of short step and a few others.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2019, 02:33:35 PM »
Defensively woeful, soft & dumb - won't make it. :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »
Apart from that pathetic effort on the boundary line which led to gartlett's goal and not disposing of the ball before he was obviously going to be run down by hunt, thought he was very good.

However bachar and short were better so the spots are theirs to lose. Not sure where he fits in elsewhere unless you take out broad for more run but think this is where balta will play once lynch comes into the forward line.

Remember Deledio getting run down early in his career.

Don't mind Markov taking them on. As long as he learns to pick the right opponents.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2019, 08:07:01 PM »

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2019, 08:11:28 PM »
Bad news for the young man. Looked like he played the game out with the kneee strapped and looked hampered by it most of the game. Speedy recovery OM

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2019, 01:28:10 PM »
Had surgery today

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2019, 06:48:36 PM »
poor bastard
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger Oleg Markov is the fastest player in the AFL (afl site)
« Reply #282 on: September 13, 2019, 01:35:23 AM »
Tiger Oleg Markov is the fastest player in the AFL

In data released on Thursday, the AFL Live Official App's Telstra Tracker showed Richmond's Oleg Markov is the AFL's speed king.

Markov has only played two games for the Tigers this season but has left an impression as the fastest player in the AFL.

The quick half-back hit the highest speed recorded by a player this season when he ran 37.4km/h against Collingwood in round two.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-13/telstra-tracker-reveals-the-afls-running-machine-shock-speed-king

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #283 on: April 06, 2020, 03:35:51 PM »
AFL footballer re-creates Ronaldo's famous 2002 haircut

Richmond player Oleg Markov has opted to shave his head in tribute to the great Ronaldo and his famous 2002 World Cup haircut.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/1720527939719/afl-footballer-re-creates-ronaldo-s-famous-2002-haircut?playlist=twg-recommends

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2020, 02:47:59 PM »
Oleg is 24 today  :birthday.