Author Topic: Nathan Broad [merged]  (Read 94610 times)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Broad [merged]
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2022, 06:31:25 PM »
Great news and a great player. No fuss Mr reliable

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2022, 12:14:18 AM »
Nathan Broad is enjoying the best year of his AFL career at Richmond.

The triple Tiger premiership defender, in his seventh season at the game’s highest level after being recruited from WAFL club Swan Districts, is averaging 18.9 disposals, 6.8 marks, 5.7 rebound-50s, 6.4 intercepts, 4.2 one-percenters and 320.1 metres gained per match.

He is ranked No. 7 in the competition for marks and No. 9 for rebound-50s.

Broad’s performance against Carlton in the blockbuster Round 14 clash at the MCG, was an encapsulation of how well he’s performing this season.

With 22 disposals, six marks, a game-high 11 rebound-50s, four score involvements and 469 metres gained, Broad was one of Richmond’s best in the 15-point victory over the Blues.

There are no frills with the way Broad plays his role in the Tigers’ backline – it’s minimum fuss, but maximum efficiency.

His ability to combine tight defence with rebounding flair makes him such a pivotal member of the Yellow and Black line-up.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1150956/broad-at-the-top-of-his-game

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2022, 09:55:41 AM »
Reckon he'd be close to leading our B&F
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2022, 12:41:00 PM »
Broady statistically having the best year of his career. Averaging 19 disposals, 7 marks and 5 rebounds per game.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Nathan_Broad.html#20220

He's only 3 games away from playing his 100th by the way.

https://twitter.com/sope_creations/status/1538096958740791299

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Nathan Broad - 100th game this week
« Reply #289 on: July 05, 2022, 12:33:34 PM »
Broady's 100th this week  :clapping.

Games
2016     2
2017   10 ............ premiership
2018   18
2019   24 ............ premiership
2020   16 ............ premiership
2021   14
2022   16*
---------------
Total  100*

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Nathan_Broad.html

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: July 05, 2022, 02:44:47 PM »
What a great pick up this guy has been

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #291 on: July 05, 2022, 03:11:42 PM »

I was sceptical early days but has proven me wrong in spades. Taken it to another level this season too, should finish quite high in our bnf.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #292 on: July 05, 2022, 08:22:18 PM »

I was sceptical early days but has proven me wrong in spades. Taken it to another level this season too, should finish quite high in our bnf.

I was sceptical too. Couldn't quite figure out what his strengths were. He wasn't overly tall, not heavy/strong built, not great by foot etc.

But since 2017 he has improved drastically by foot and his pace and tank allow him to play very well as a small, medium or backup tall. 100% effort every single week.

And I still have that photo on my phone in the messages somewhere.

Thanks Broady.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: July 06, 2022, 12:05:57 AM »

I was sceptical too. Couldn't quite figure out what his strengths were. He wasn't overly tall, not heavy/strong built, not great by foot etc.

But since 2017 he has improved drastically by foot and his pace and tank allow him to play very well as a small, medium or backup tall. 100% effort every single week.

And I still have that photo on my phone in the messages somewhere.

Thanks Broady.

Yup his got one of the best kicking efficiencies in the league I believe and provides good rebound at times too. On top of that I would say his contested marking has drastically improved to the point where he is a legit intercept option.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #294 on: July 06, 2022, 06:12:55 PM »
Congratulations to him. Great pick up. Has continually improved.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #295 on: July 06, 2022, 10:51:51 PM »
Boobs Broad has been a solid contributor for us and his career has been understated.
Always gets the job done. Well done   :clapping :cheers :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: July 07, 2022, 05:17:37 PM »
Gone from first out to (one of  ) first picked
He should be proud of his achievements

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #297 on: July 08, 2022, 03:30:04 PM »
Across his AFL career, Broad is averaging 13.3 disposals, 4.5 marks, 3.0 rebound-50s, 5.1 intercepts, 4.5 one-percenters and 204.3 metres gained per game.

This season, he is averaging 19.1 disposals, 7.1 marks, 5.8 rebound-50s, 5.9 intercepts, 4.3 one-percenters and 338.0 metres gained per games.

In the lead-up to his 100th game, which will take place against Gold Coast at Metricon Stadium on Saturday, Broad reflected on the path to Punt Road and the success that has followed for him.

“Missing four drafts in total was pretty hard. The first two were probably the hardest because I was still young and thought I was a chance,” Broad said.

“The dream was still there, but the chances probably drifted away a little bit. So, I just really enjoyed playing WAFL footy . . .

“I loved playing for Swan Districts. Had a good bunch of mates around me . . .

“No-one saw anything in me, missing all those drafts.

“I’m just so grateful that Richmond gave me an opportunity.

“Drafted at 22 and didn’t think I’d play one game, let alone 100.

Full article: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1166917/big-bargain-broad-a-ton-up-tiger-hero

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #298 on: August 30, 2022, 01:09:48 PM »
This trigger extension was alluded to back in June but confirmed by the Club today.

Broad hits contract extension

Triple premiership defender Nathan Broad will remain at Richmond for the 2023 season, having hit a trigger to extend his playing contract.

The 29-year-old has had arguably his best individual season at the Club in 2022, averaging career-highs in every major statistical category.

Broad who ranks #1 at Richmond for marks and rebound 50s, #2 for kicks and #3 for intercepts, said the new attacking layer to his game was a focus of this year.

“During the pre-season I had a look at blokes around me and those that were up and coming,” he said.

“I was a bit of a lockdown and defensive player. So, I probably had a bit of a thought to myself that I needed to add another string to my bow.

“It was something I worked hard on over pre-season and have added it to my game now which has been a positive.

“I am very grateful to be going into another finals series and then my eighth season. It is very exciting- I am stoked."

Broad has played all 22 games this season and is set to embark on the fifth finals campaign of his career.

Richmond General Manager- Football Talent, Blair Hartley said Broad had worked hard behind the scenes since arriving at the Club.

“Nathan has put in a lot of work since coming across from Perth late in 2015 to continually improve his game,” he said.

“He has been rewarded with individual and team success across the journey and we are pleased to retain him at the Club for longer.

“We look forward to seeing what he can continue to help us achieve across the next year and beyond.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1210572

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #299 on: August 30, 2022, 01:59:44 PM »
Great news! I absolutely potted this guy early on and I eat my hat and my words. Wonderful past couple of seasons by Broady but really took it to a new level this year.