Author Topic: Callum Moore [merged]  (Read 16490 times)

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Callum Moore [merged]
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2018, 09:44:11 AM »
Looked like a rabbit in the headlights to me.
Needs to be given a string of games so he can be judged on more than a game here or there.

Agree on giving the opportunity.

I thought he was solid enough. The gameplan would have changed considerably when Jack went down, and I thought he had a few issues adapting, but I was actually surprised that he played as well as he did in the end.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2018, 10:02:40 AM »
Interesting game
Why ?
Seemed slow on the spread
Defensive pressure ???

Defensive pressure? was non exixtent more often than not

Looked like a rabbit in the headlights to me.
Needs to be given a string of games so he can be judged on more than a game here or there.

Agree Loui.

So far off the pace of the game in the first half (as was Menadue) it wasnt funny.

Disappointing bit for me was the lack of 2nd efforts and at times first efforts. Nearly blew a valve in the 2nd when he just stood there and played spectator while the Saints got a easy clearance.

To be honest if Jack is fit and with Castagna available next week (George told us that pregame) and perhaps Rioli I can't see him holdong his spot

As for Menadue... I'll save that for the other thread  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2018, 11:02:08 PM »
I've had a question mark over Moore until now but tonight he was pretty good and clearly deserves to keep his spot as our 2nd tall forward. He was involved in the game for the full 4 quarters, contested well and brought the ball down to our smalls if he couldn't mark it (took 6 marks by the way). Obviously his goalkicking is the main issue to fix now. Finished with 2.3. He could have kicked 4 or 5 if he nailed most of his shots.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2018, 11:13:14 PM »
I agree, good for his experience
Liked the way he tapped the ball to advantage

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2018, 11:15:21 PM »
Agreed...great for his confidence to be involved the whole game.

Lebowski

« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2018, 11:52:42 PM »
Good game, excited to see what this kid can develop into for us - so bloody quick and has good timing with his leads

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2018, 11:55:08 PM »
He competed well but boy howdy his set shot kicking. But if Caddy can become dead eye dick in such a short period of time so can Moore!

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2018, 03:10:55 PM »
Good encouraging performance. Compare that to what we were getting from Elton who somehow managed to stay in the side for 6 weeks.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2018, 03:13:14 PM »
He competed well but boy howdy his set shot kicking. But if Caddy can become dead eye dick in such a short period of time so can Moore!
He's got a bloody big leg on him though! Surprised when he calmly went back to line up from outside 50 without even going the big hooky foot the get the distance. Straight approach and puts it over the fence from 53m out  :o Missed the shot but poo happens  ;D
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2018, 06:17:50 PM »
Posted on another thread

Improved performance but still not sold

Set shot goal kicking a major concern

Needs to get the refusal to chase out of his game pronto
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2018, 06:23:42 PM »
Although he missed three, his action is still good.

He will be fine in this regard, this kid has a lot of upside.

How fast is he!

And he leads up well at the ball too

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2018, 09:07:48 PM »
Richmond assistant coach Justin Leppitsch with an insight into the impressive development of athletic, young Tiger tall forward Callum Moore.

Consistent overall improvement

“He’s shown some real signs of improvement every season that he’s been on the list. He’s got amazing speed and agility, so that’s his plus side. His offensive stuff is really good . . . He’s a guy who can break the lines, kick goals and do all that stuff. But his ability to chase and pressure, and use that speed for his defensive good, has been much better. And now, with maturity, he’s getting a bit more competitive as well.”

Key improvement area

As a guy at 193cm, you want to be good in the air . . . and that was probably his big improvement area – his aerial work . . . It’s great that this part of his game is improving because it means that he’s starting to really close down the gaps.”

Rising confidence

“He had a taste (of AFL football) two years ago, but he didn’t play senior footy last year. He then played in the (JLT Community Series) pre-season game this year (v North Melbourne). I think those things build confidence, and he’s been in terrific form in the VFL, so he deserves his shot.”

Complementing our forward structure

“He’s got really elite run, and one thing about most of our forwards, basically, is they’re great runners, great spreaders from the contest, and they get inside 50 quickly. So that’s why we get on the end of a lot of dynamic plays. He adds to that mix.”

Applying forward pressure

“It’s probably not his No. 1 strength, but it’s something he’s working on hard. The same with Jack (Riewoldt). It’s something that wasn’t natural to Jack, but he brought into his game. Cal’s very similar.”

His goalkicking technique

“He’s missed a few set shots, so we’ve got to spend a little bit more time on that. He’s actually got a good action, but that arrow is sometimes pointed in the wrong direction.”

The next phase of his development

“Well, really, just keep improving . . . Continue to be strong in the air to give us a contest. And then, basically, use his speed and his other strengths. They’re the two main things he’s doing, so he’s staying in the team. Let’s just hope that continues to grow and grow.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-06-05/coaches-corner-callum-moore

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2018, 07:16:12 AM »
I agree it is still early days with Moore. I hope he makes it. He had really impressive final series in the VFL last year and if could transform that ability to an AFL level it would be fantastic. He has definitely shown more than Elton and his goal against the Bombers in the last quarter showed that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2018, 11:45:02 PM »
How did we all see Moore's return game up forward?

13 disposals (8k, 5hb, 6 con, 8 uncon) @ 77% efficiency.
5 marks (2 contested & 3 inside F50)
4 tackles
4 1%ers
2 bounces
1 inside F50
2 goals
2 behinds
92% gametime

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2018, 12:22:40 AM »
Pass for me only going to get better in time and experience staying involved in games to.Has excellent pace and good on the ground to.