Author Topic: Mabior Chol joins Gold Coast / Tigers get End of Round 2 compo pick [official]  (Read 96297 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Rookie pick 30 - Mabior Chol
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2017, 04:10:54 PM »
Have a look at the latest forward training vid on the clubs website and take a look at the good old fashioned screamer Chol takes :bow
Oh boy, wowee!

9.5/10 for mine, what a ripper!

Seems to have put some size on as well, good lad!

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2017, 08:19:17 PM »
Have a look at the latest forward training vid on the clubs website and take a look at the good old fashioned screamer Chol takes :bow
Oh boy, wowee!

9.5/10 for mine, what a ripper!

Seems to have put some size on as well, good lad!
Yep, checked it out too - Wowee!   :clapping   That's a serious hanger!     :cheers
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2017, 08:25:32 PM »
Took one at training last preseason too right in front of me. Unbelievable leap. Just needs to get other aspects of the game together and get the belief that he belongs out there. :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2017, 10:40:36 PM »
Saw him play at Sandy game last year, did a lot of 1%ers, fingers crossed,
Plus l recall he was playing fullback?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:05:59 PM by MintOnLamb »

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2017, 11:41:25 PM »
Must throw one of him or Moore in the deep end as a third tall.Wont happen though they will play for finals never realising it is mediocrity they will reach.

I have never understood the optimism people get from scraping into the 8. 18 teams 8th is very much a middling finish.If done with a whole heap of kids you have hope but when done with a pile of poo trucks it is middling at best.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #140 on: February 07, 2017, 09:09:47 PM »
Must throw one of him or Moore in the deep end as a third tall.Wont happen though they will play for finals never realising it is mediocrity they will reach.

I have never understood the optimism people get from scraping into the 8. 18 teams 8th is very much a middling finish.If done with a whole heap of kids you have hope but when done with a pile of poo trucks it is middling at best.
On the money Claw, Dogs pulled an amazing win from 7th wasnt it?.
Top 4 is our minimum pass mark, until they get that goal sorted forget it. Winning 1 final from 7th...pffffft, means nada

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2017, 11:14:56 PM »
Even if we tried to make the top 8 playing "our best side" (Houli, Grigg, Hunt, BEllis, Hampson) we wouldn't get anywhere near it. I think 2016 proved that. Those players are all duds and have all played their best footy and just making the finals was the best we could do. And that was 2 years ago.
We need to find kids that can compete with the good sides, not just beat up in the poo sides. That's the difference!

Having a dud coach also makes things more difficult.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:31:40 PM by big tone »

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #142 on: February 07, 2017, 11:28:55 PM »
Sydney built from the middle and scraped into the 8 how many times under Eade. A few before Roos took them all the way. I don't begrudge building from the middle philosophy, I wouldn't do it myself but it can work.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2017, 11:55:00 AM »
what do you mean by building from the middle?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2017, 11:57:02 AM »
what do you mean by building from the middle?

I think he means climbing the ladder but without completely bottoming out and playing kids.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »
I thought he meant build from from the midfield and worry about KPPs later....did Eade do that? I can't remember, though either theory matches what we seem to be trying to do....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2017, 02:20:47 PM »
The other possibility was build your list by improving your mid range players.

This is why i asked the question
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2017, 02:25:22 PM »
That's something we do need to do more...
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »
VIDEO: Mabior Chol update: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-02-09/mabior-chol-update

VIDEO: Chol's exciting preseason challenge: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2017-02-09/chols-exciting-preseason-challenge

-------------------------------------------------

Chol charts rapid rise

richmondfc.com.au
Feb 9, 2017

Preparing for season 2017
“Pre-season’s been really good so far . . . The coaches have been really happy with the way I’m going about my footy. I remember last year, this time, where I was still fresh and didn’t know what to do, really. My biggest focus this year, so far, has been trying to put on some body size and trying to understand the game better. ‘Burgey’ (the Club’s Physical Performance Manager Peter Burge) has been helping me, especially with my endurance and running ability . . . trying to last in the game longer.”

Areas of improvement
“I’m just trying to impact the contest more . . . trying to be stronger at the contest and bring the ball to the ground, instead of getting outmarked. And I’m trying to play more to my strengths as well, and back myself . . . My biggest strength is jumping for the ball, and my second and third efforts following up. I think my contested marking’s really improved since last year, and my ability to stay in the contest. I’m working really closely this year with ‘Fly’ (VFL and development coach Craig McRae) and ‘Leppa’ (assistant coach Justin Lepptisch) as well. He’s been very handy coming in to the Club.”

Development at AFL level

“I think it’s been really good so far. I’m feeling much stronger when I’m out there, and understanding the game a bit better. I’ve still got a long way to go with my development, but I’ll just keep working hard on it.”

Moving forward
“Last year in the VFL, I played mostly down back, but this pre-season I’ve been playing up forward. It’s always good to kick goals . . . it’s something I really enjoy doing a lot. We’ve got a very young forward line, but we’ve also got Jack down here, someone with really good experience, and really handy as well.”

Striving to take the next step
“’Dimma’ (senior coach Damien Hardwick) has been telling me I’m not too far away. It’s just the little things that I have to get right. With my training standard, I’m trying to take it to another level . . . training like an AFL player every day. That’s something I’ve been working on. And, just the ability to stay in the game as well . . . not wander off.”

Aspirations for 2017
“My goal is try and play some pre-season games. That will lead me into the season, where, hopefully, I can get a few AFL games under my belt. I’ve been hearing a lot that it takes time for ‘talls’ to develop. But I want to push myself and not wait another two years to start playing (regular) AFL footy. I want to play AFL footy as soon as possible. Whatever it takes, to do with lifting my training, I’m willing to do that.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-02-09/chol-charts-rapid-rise

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »

On the money Claw, Dogs pulled an amazing win from 7th wasnt it?.
Top 4 is our minimum pass mark, until they get that goal sorted forget it. Winning 1 final from 7th...pffffft, means nada
Thanks for making my point.
They did it with a whole heap of kids and none of their older players ( not that they had many 3/4 of that side would have been 24 and under) are what you would call poo trucks.