Author Topic: Mabior Chol joins Gold Coast / Tigers get End of Round 2 compo pick [official]  (Read 96282 times)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Re: Rookie pick 30 - Mabior Chol
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2017, 12:56:34 PM »
Reaching the dizzy heights of 8th is a massive win for those running the club celebrated by extending the coaches contact
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Mabior Chol [merged]
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2017, 01:39:31 PM »
Eye-catchers in JLT3

Ben Guthrie
afl.com.au
March 13, 2017

Mabior Chol (Richmond)

The second-year rookie seems to have made impressive development as he sets himself to play more senior football in 2017. Chol, who made his debut in round 23 last season, showed flashes of his talent in the pre-season last year before being given the year to improve his game in the VFL. Based on his efforts against Collingwood, Chol has taken some significant strides forward. Chol had just 12 disposals but was lively all game, flying for his marks, contesting at ground level and producing some really good moments. With two spots on Richmond's senior list available, Chol certainly pressed his claims to be included in the Tigers' side early this season. 

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-12/liked-the-look-of-18-eyecatchers-from-jlt-week-four

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Chol to be in Tigers best 22 says Watson (SEN)
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2018, 10:49:13 AM »
Chol to be in Tigers best 22 says Watson

By SEN
26 Feb 2018

Three-time premiership player Tim Watson believes a Richmond rookie could find himself in the senior team throughout the course of the season.

After Ben Griffiths’ abrupt retirement, the Tigers have been left with a key position forward hole, with Jack Riewoldt being the only established one on the list.

However, Watson thinks Mabior Chol could be able to fill the gap, after he showed signs of his continued development in the weekend’s JLT win over Essendon, kicking one goal and collecting nine disposals.

“Toby Nankervis got injured, and he (Chol) went into the ruck, which isn’t his natural position,” the former Bombers captain told SEN Breakfast.

“They’ve been talking about this kid for a while, he is a developing player.

“I think he has something and can fit into that side.

“He can play as a back-up ruckman at a pinch, he has great mobility, he can play forward and in the back line.

“I think by the end of the year, he will be in Richmond’s best team because of the flexibility he provides.”

Chol is on the rookie list, but falls in the Category A area, meaning he is eligible to play in round one under new AFL list rules.

The 21-year-old is quick and agile, and was used as a forward, backman and ruckman in the VFL last season.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/02/25/chol-to-be-in-tigers-best-22-says-watson/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2018, 04:58:21 PM »
Had a good game on Saturday.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2018, 08:01:27 PM »
His game was my highlight. Got involved and attacked the opponent which was great to see. Just needs to build his running ability and when his confidence increases he will start clunking a few ;)

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2018, 08:24:55 PM »
Play him the ruck amd he gets involved more...who knew? :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2018, 08:47:49 PM »
We must've been watching a different game. I don't get the hype
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2018, 08:56:02 PM »
As I said in the match thread, he still has long way to go and criticised his tank or lack therof.........but it was still a notable improvement on most his matches so far and was easiy the best of his 3 or 4 senior appearances...might  even finally be going past McBean in real life and not just certain people's imaginations.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »
We must've been watching a different game. I don't get the hype

Only seen replays of the game, but X2 on this comment.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2018, 09:56:46 PM »
As I said in the match thread, he still has long way to go and criticised his tank or lack therof.........but it was still a notable improvement on most his matches so far and was easiy the best of his 3 or 4 senior appearances...might  even finally be going past McBean in real life and not just certain people's imaginations.... :shh

Hope your right, heard what seemed to be a Richmond official call him a "Sudanese McBean" at a VFL game last year
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2018, 10:56:47 AM »
“I’ve been getting help a lot from ‘Nank’ (Toby Nankervis) and Ivan Maric as well . . . It’s been really good,” Chol told ‘Roar Vision’.

He outlined the sound advice he’d received from the recently-retired Maric.

“Just being really physical in the ruck, how to win my tap-out, and then playing to my strength once the ball hits the ground,” he said.

“So it’s been really handy over the summer and very excited to see what I can do . . .”

Chol also has turned to star key forward teammate Jack Riewoldt for goalkicking advice, and it’s already paying dividends with the 21-year-old splitting the big sticks from a set shot at Wangaratta last Saturday.

“With my goalkicking technique, probably my ball drop was the main focus, and Jack’s been really handy with that,” he said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-02-27/chol-on-the-charge

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2018, 01:48:16 PM »
Shame Jack doesn't follow his own advice, looks more shaky these days, was slotting from all angles at one stage in his career.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2018, 02:20:38 PM »
More confident in Jack kicking it from angles then from in front these days.... :shh
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:45:00 PM by Diocletian »

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »
More confident in Jack kicking it from angles then from in front these days.... :shh
:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2018, 04:30:26 PM »
For me the key for us is give Chol a position were he is involved continually maybe that forward ruck role.