Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 219195 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #795 on: December 23, 2015, 09:19:42 AM »
A banned substance is an illegal substance according to a set of rules. Hird broke rules. Has Dusty? Police investigation dropped. Enough said really.

Hird is a coach, he didn't break any rules under the WADA code. Morally & ethically he broke many but under the WADA code he hasn't broken any rules because (a) he can take what he likes and (b) he didn't administer any of the banned substances

He should be punished for drinking. That is the only thing he should be punished for.

Wow we actually agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been saying that all along his should be punished for being a drunken moron and he will be

How harsh that penalty ends up being is in the hands of the AFL unfortunately

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #796 on: December 23, 2015, 09:24:49 AM »
Why is it in the hands of the AFL, surely they will let Us determine the punishment ?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #797 on: December 23, 2015, 09:34:13 AM »
With respect Wp

Your world view is truly bizarre

Works safe have just stung the drug cheats the better part of 3/4 million dollars and you refuse to batter an eye lid, rather choosing to led the witch hunt against our poor minority
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #798 on: December 23, 2015, 11:26:56 AM »
Why is it in the hands of the AFL, surely they will let Us determine the punishment ?
This.

If the AFL were not guilty of the Essendon drug saga through WADA and Work Care because the club is responsible, then the club (RFC) is responsible for dishing out a penalty to its employee for being drunk. Cannot have it both ways.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #799 on: December 23, 2015, 11:33:28 AM »
A banned substance is an illegal substance according to a set of rules. Hird broke rules. Has Dusty? Police investigation dropped. Enough said really.

Hird is a coach, he didn't break any rules under the WADA code. Morally & ethically he broke many but under the WADA code he hasn't broken any rules because (a) he can take what he likes and (b) he didn't administer any of the banned substances

He should be punished for drinking. That is the only thing he should be punished for.

Wow we actually agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been saying that all along his should be punished for being a drunken moron and he will be

How harsh that penalty ends up being is in the hands of the AFL unfortunately

Wow
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #800 on: December 23, 2015, 02:28:11 PM »
With respect Wp

Your world view is truly bizarre

Works safe have just stung the drug cheats the better part of 3/4 million dollars and you refuse to batter an eye lid, rather choosing to led the witch hunt against our poor minority

I very much aware of the Worksafe case but with respect to you, Worksafe are not going after Hird they are prosecuting the Essendon Football Club, you know the company.

They are not punishing individuals. there is a massive difference.

Furthermore, I suggest you actually read things and get your facts straight before you post foolish statements. the EFC are yet to receive any penalty from Worksafe. The QC representing Worksafe have recommended that the EFC be fined $610k but as yet they haven't been fined...

"WORKSAFE Victoria has asked a magistrate to fine Essendon more than $610,000 for risking its players' health and failing to provide a safe workplace during the ill-fated 2012 supplements program.

The club will be sentenced on January 28 after formally admitting to two charges of breaching the Occupational Health and Safety Act.

The court was told that two key figures at the club ignored clear protocols and sidestepped medical staff in their bid to give the team a competitive edge.
"

From: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-22/fine-essendon-610k-over-safety-breaches-court-told

This fixation people have with comparing the Dusty saga with Hird is to use your words "truly bizarre". It's like comparing an orange (Dusty) with watermelon (Hird) they are not even remotely similar. TBBH what Hird did but not actually doing anything is far worse than what Dusty has done but that doesn't mean Dusty shouldn't be punished

As for leading a witch hunt "against our poor minority", please give me a break. What "poor minority" exactly?

Just because I refuse to excuse his stupid loutish behaviour doesn't mean I am leading a witch hunt. You want to pat him on the head and say he is completely innocent in all of this then perhaps it is your "world view" that "is truly bizarre".

I can guarantee that if it was any of your "whipping boys" who had done what Dusty did you would have them hung, drawn & quartered within 3 minutes (if that) of it hitting the news services and then for good measure you would have demanded that they be sacked without any investigation.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #801 on: December 23, 2015, 02:32:51 PM »
Lol

Ok replace hird with jobe Watson

bizarre, I tell thee

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #802 on: December 23, 2015, 02:35:26 PM »
This.

If the AFL were not guilty of the Essendon drug saga through WADA and Work Care because the club is responsible, then the club (RFC) is responsible for dishing out a penalty to its employee for being drunk. Cannot have it both ways.

But if the AFL deem whatever punishment the RFC dish out as not being harsh enough, they can come over the top just like they did in the Carlisle case

And in this case I have no doubt that is what will happen

Not saying it is right, actually it isn't but the RFC did itself no favours with how poorly they handle this in the beginning

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #803 on: December 23, 2015, 02:36:35 PM »
Lol

bizarre, I tell thee

Now you dish up an orange and an apple

Give me 2 oranges

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #804 on: December 23, 2015, 03:15:07 PM »
I think WP has been smashing the eggnog a few days early this year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #805 on: December 23, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »
The idiot was passed. Stiff poo.
What do u want - a little licker like ellis or Bowden.
stuff those turkeys.
Just plain sissy.

Good Onya dusty.
Keep being urself.
Who gives a stuff.
Ur got enough to buy a house and stuff off when ur contract ends.

Good on you son.

Don't give a thought to these idiots that follow the game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 04:39:58 PM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: December 23, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »
Lol

bizarre, I tell thee

Now you dish up an orange and an apple

Give me 2 oranges

Maybe bocks misses went to the fruit shop

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Matthew Lloyd says Richmond should still punish star Tiger Dustin Martin (Fox)
« Reply #807 on: December 23, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »
Dustin Martin chopstick incident, Matthew Lloyd says Richmond should still punish star

Sarah Olle
FOX SPORTS
December 23, 2015 1:13pm

MATTHEW Lloyd says Richmond should still come down hard on Dustin Martin, despite the police dropping their criminal investigation into his alleged chopstick incident.

The former Essendon champion said Martin’s behaviour warranted much more than a slap on the wrist, particularly given his high profile.

“Dustin Martin has got to understand that when you’re a six-year player and you’re on half a million dollars, you’ve been around long enough not to be carrying around in restaurants and getting to the stage that you’re that drunk that you’re threatening women,” Lloyd told 3AW.

“That’s unacceptable behaviour.

“I think he does deserve to have the game taken away from him for a number of weeks and be told in no uncertain terms by his coach and the players that it’s not going to be tolerated and that if anything happens again he’ll be banned for 10-12 weeks.

“Slamming down shots in December when you’ve just finished a big break as an AFL footballer, that’s just not the standards you expect.”

Lloyd said while Martin had made a “good fist” of his career thus far, he could learn from the experience of once-troubled former Cat Steve Johnson.

Lloyd’s brother Brad was Johnson’s player manager when he was handed a monstrous eight-week ban by the Cats, whose patience had grown thin with the troubled young star.

Geelong wanted to teach Johnson a lesson and it was a lesson he heeded.

Lloyd said the same approach could be successful with Martin.

“If it has been a slow build to something like this then they should hit him harder,” Lloyd said.

“But if it’s out of the blue then I think a couple of weeks or four weeks would be enough.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/dustin-martin-chopstick-incident-matthew-lloyd-says-richmond-should-still-punish-star/story-e6frf3e3-1227686775872

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #808 on: December 23, 2015, 04:49:46 PM »
I think WP has been smashing the eggnog a few days early this year.

I wish

No eggnog until tomorrow night

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #809 on: December 23, 2015, 07:16:04 PM »
Lloyd is a seevag
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI