Author Topic: International Politics  (Read 65377 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: International Politics
« Reply #330 on: October 05, 2020, 03:48:30 PM »

An American civil war about to happen? Maybe, maybe not but if it gets too willing watch China invade Taiwan.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/04/revealed-trump-linked-consultant-facebook-pages-warning-election-cause-civil-war

A militia-promoting father and son duo of fake news publishers and a Trump-connected social media consultant are linked to pages which promote the idea of an American civil war with material presented in a way that appears to be an effort to sidestep Facebook’s fact-checking system.

Comments on their Facebook pages and other materials obtained by the Guardian show that some rank and file Donald Trump supporters are enthusiastically receiving the message that they should prepare for violence against their perceived political enemies in November.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #331 on: November 04, 2020, 07:20:07 PM »
Worst case scenario. A close non-result which may takes days and even weeks to sort out and will also be played out in the courts. Then add that the Congress will remain split. What a mess. Glad I'm not an American. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #332 on: November 04, 2020, 09:13:20 PM »
Worst case scenario. A close non-result which may takes days and even weeks to sort out and will also be played out in the courts. Then add that the Congress will remain split. What a mess. Glad I'm not an American.

Both sides have said if it's close thry will go to court, the Supreme Court  :help

It is a mess because their constitution is a mess.

The things I've learnt about it during the last few weeks leading into this election is staggering. To think that the there are different rules in different states as how the electorate votes are allocated is bizarre. You'd think that for a national election it would uniformed?

It could end up being a tie ....just aboutto read what that means  ;D

Wonder if they would have to go back to the poles....oops I mean polls  :rollin

End of the day I don't care who wins ... either way it will remain a country divided
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 09:43:50 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #333 on: November 09, 2020, 05:34:37 PM »
Trump is in trouble. He either gets a pardon or he will end up claiming asylum in Russia. He might try to pardon himself but that's legally a bit dodgy or he might resign and have Pence pardon him.
My bets on the Moscow option.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/us-election-2020-the-long-line-of-people-waiting-to-sue-donald-trump-when-hes-no-longer-president/cc15fc2d-e69c-4faf-bcf8-f144060d8bb0

Outgoing US President Donald Trump could be facing a legal reckoning like no other when he packs up his bags and leaves the White House in January.
Ousted from the top job, Mr Trump will find himself without many of the legal protections his presidency afforded him.
Mr Trump is currently facing multiple investigations looking into possible fraud in his financial business dealings as a private citizen - both as an individual and through his company.
He also faces defamation lawsuits sparked by his denials of accusations made by women who have alleged he assaulted them, including E. Jean Carroll, the former magazine columnist who has accused him of rape.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #334 on: November 09, 2020, 07:49:22 PM »
Elections are '65's Grand Finals... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #335 on: November 09, 2020, 08:30:57 PM »
Elections are '65's Grand Finals...

Not quite but I do enjoy a good election.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #336 on: November 09, 2020, 10:31:18 PM »
He'll be back in 2024. Can't keep a good man down
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #337 on: November 11, 2020, 02:05:56 PM »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #339 on: November 15, 2020, 05:04:31 PM »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #340 on: November 17, 2020, 01:51:10 PM »
Must be up to 20 laughable "legal challenges" that have now failed or been thrown out before they even get to a court.
Wonder when this giant hissy fit will end?! Not sure what is worse: his total contempt for democracy and its fundamental institutions or the cowards and cult followers who still bow down to this insecure narcassistic clown and his deranged tantrums.

It won't surprise me though to see him eventually resign even without conceding before Jan 20 so Pence can pardon him (like Ford did for Nixon) to save his own neck.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #341 on: November 17, 2020, 04:14:40 PM »
Must be up to 20 laughable "legal challenges" that have now failed or been thrown out before they even get to a court.
Wonder when this giant hissy fit will end?! Not sure what is worse: his total contempt for democracy and its fundamental institutions or the cowards and cult followers who still bow down to this insecure narcassistic clown and his deranged tantrums.

It won't surprise me though to see him eventually resign even without conceding before Jan 20 so Pence can pardon him (like Ford did for Nixon) to save his own neck.

He won't resign while he is still raising money for the fight against the injustice of losing the election.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #342 on: November 17, 2020, 04:17:14 PM »
Pardon him for what?

Gotta love lefties bagging Trump right now when they spent his entire presidency sprouting fairytales of the last election being rigged, refusing to accept a democratically elected leader, rioting in the streets murdering people and destroying businesses.

Hey lefties, your side is just as stuffed as the goon bags on the right.

You're all idiots
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #343 on: November 17, 2020, 04:29:11 PM »
Pardon him for what?

Gotta love lefties bagging Trump right now when they spent his entire presidency sprouting fairytales of the last election being rigged, refusing to accept a democratically elected leader, rioting in the streets murdering people and destroying businesses.

Hey lefties, your side is just as stuffed as the goon bags on the right.

We're all idiots

EFA

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #344 on: November 17, 2020, 04:34:37 PM »
Pardon him for what?

A pardon will save him from Federal laws but not the state ones.

This from the ultra conservative AFR.

https://www.afr.com/world/north-america/citizen-trump-will-face-legal-woes-20201108-p56ch2

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance, who enforces New York state laws, has been conducting a criminal investigation into Trump and the Trump Organisation for more than two years.

The probe originally focused on hush money payments that Trump's former lawyer and self-described fixer Michael Cohen paid before the 2016 election to two women who said they had sexual encounters with Trump, which the president has denied.

Vance, a Democrat, has suggested in recent court filings that his probe is now broader and could focus on bank, tax and insurance fraud, as well as falsification of business records.