Author Topic: Garry Lyon sick  (Read 9842 times)

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
Re: Garry Lyon sick
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »
Unfortunately some people cannot handle fame and fortune. They get an overinflated opinion of themselves and behave accordingly. He has been found out and is embarrassed. This embarrassment is so intense that it has manifested itself as a type of depression. He is in danger of hurting himself at this point. Strangely enough he needs support. And, a lot of it.

and you have gleaned all this for a newspaper article , you are good

Y &BB is a doctor so I'd say he's gleamed it from years of education and practice.

Having said that Lyon needs to take some responsibility for himself.

Dont care if he is an effin witch doctor

My point was, He must be pretty good to diagnose without seeing the patient

For all we know, Lyon & his minders have made this up to take the heat away for a while
All I can go on is what I have read, I am not making a categorical diagnosis as that is impossible. I am just giving an opinion FFS. Or has that been banned on this forum?

But you stated your opinion as fact by saying he's in danger of hurting himself. That's not an opinion, that's categorically saying he could hurt himself when you actually have no idea what the extent of his 'depression' really is

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 08:26:56 PM »
Unfortunately some people cannot handle fame and fortune. They get an overinflated opinion of themselves and behave accordingly. He has been found out and is embarrassed. This embarrassment is so intense that it has manifested itself as a type of depression. He is in danger of hurting himself at this point. Strangely enough he needs support. And, a lot of it.

and you have gleaned all this for a newspaper article , you are good

Y &BB is a doctor so I'd say he's gleamed it from years of education and practice.

Having said that Lyon needs to take some responsibility for himself.

Dont care if he is an effin witch doctor

My point was, He must be pretty good to diagnose without seeing the patient

For all we know, Lyon & his minders have made this up to take the heat away for a while
All I can go on is what I have read, I am not making a categorical diagnosis as that is impossible. I am just giving an opinion FFS. Or has that been banned on this forum?

But you stated your opinion as fact by saying he's in danger of hurting himself. That's not an opinion, that's categorically saying he could hurt himself when you actually have no idea what the extent of his 'depression' really is

Thanks Petey, was halfway through typing the same thing

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 08:43:42 PM »
:cheers

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 09:12:06 PM »
Maybe because I knew someone who did the same thing and committed suicide after he was shunned by his friends and much of his family. He became a recluse and was found dead, hanging in his home a few weeks after he did it.

You don't have to be a doctor to make a statement like that, when you lived through a similar thing.

IS THAT REASONABLE??????????????????????????
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 09:30:03 PM »
No.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2016, 09:44:10 PM »
No.
I think we all can talk from our life experiences and if people have an issue with that, tough.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2016, 10:23:30 PM »
Maybe because I knew someone who did the same thing and committed suicide after he was shunned by his friends and much of his family. He became a recluse and was found dead, hanging in his home a few weeks after he did it.

You don't have to be a doctor to make a statement like that, when you lived through a similar thing.

Why did you need to share that?
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2016, 10:28:55 PM »

yeah of course. Pretty rough that must of been, but IMO this is different
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2016, 05:23:02 PM »
I like how this , a flare at a soccer game and dusty martin eating sushi are the herald sun big ticket items 2016

Quality journalism
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Billy Brownless opening up on Footy Show was upsetting to watch (H-Sun)
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 12:05:00 AM »
Billy Brownless opening up on his fallout with Garry Lyon was upsetting to watch, writes Mark Robinson

MARK ROBINSON
Herald Sun
March 10, 2016 10:01pm

UNFORTUNATELY, for he is one of the victims, Billy Brownless has been the face of this scandal.

He bared his soul on the first show of the 23rd season of The Footy Show and unquestionably the seasoned funny man would rather have been anywhere else.

It was wrenching to watch a harmless and much-loved man ripped open raw on live TV.

It was none of his doing, but he had to swallow the poison.

What could he say?

His one-time best mate Garry Lyon was caught having a sexual relationship with his former wife, and it was he who had to answer the difficult questions.

Not Garry. Not Nicky.

“A good mate wouldn’t do that,’’ Billy said.

“By law it’s not wrong, morally it’s wrong on all aspects. We know right from wrong ... don’t touch a man’s wallet, don’t touch his wife.’’

He didn’t have to talk, of course, but Billy has a) always been a team man and b) he was told to by Channel Nine.

This time, he had to take one for the team, and one for Lyon, because the show must go on.

What a sad and brutal 15 minutes of television.

What Lyon must have thought — that’s if he watched the program — is anyone’s guess.

He is in a vulnerable position, but we can’t see that. All we saw was the emotional vulnerability of a man who felt betrayed.

He had been lied to, Billy said.

He had a “hunch’’ Lyon and his ex-wife Nicky had been doing the tango, but when he asked them, they both said no.

Finally, Billy said, Nicky broke down and told him the truth.

Billy had told others he believed the relationship had been existing for several years, but there was none of that sort of admission.

Three months, Billy said, and he hasn’t spoken to Lyon since.

He sent me some texts messages on the night he found out, but nothing more.

“You get angry,’’ Billy said.

“You want to do something. You’re headless.’’

There were tears from Billy.

From the outset, with Sam Newman to his right and James Brayshaw across from him, Billy was beside himself, fighting anger and embarrassment, wrapped in the love of his four kids.

He couldn’t sit still. He leaned forwards and back, picked at his fingernails.

When he spoke of the children, and two points in particular, Brownless was gutted.

His boy Oscar had turned 16 and they couldn’t have a party or buy presents because the scandal was upon him and his family.

The other was the vicious rumour that one of his daughters had had a relationship with Lyon.

“It’s totally incorrect, unfounded, bulls--t ... that hurts the most,’’ Billy said.

Again, the victim had to defend someone else’s actions.

If there is any salvation in all of this, it was the character of Billy Brownless which shone like a candle in the darkness.

He’s a big teddy bear, Bill, who loves his kids, his mates — he absolutely idolised Lyon — who loves a beer and loves a punt.

But even in the devastating moments of his life, Billy thought of others.

He spoke of Lyon’s former wife Melissa and how the two of them had helped each other deal with it.

“She’s been fantastic,’’ he said.

Amazingly, he said he one day he would have a beer with Lyon and was saddened that Lyon was battling depression.

“That’s the most difficult thing and awkward thing here, we’re all good mates,’’ he said.

“This show has to go on ... but it has to come up.’’

Newman and Brayshaw didn’t pass judgment on Lyon and stressed that he was in a dark place.

They did, however, condemn the rumour-mongers about Billy’s daughter.

“They should be ashamed of themselves,’’ Brayshaw said.

Brayshaw was right.

But that person is not the only person who should be ashamed.

Lyon must have thought that he has hurt beyond comprehension the one bloke who worshipped his every day.

How does he come back from that?

Billy, to his eternal courage and dignity, gave him an opening.

And that’s what you call a mate.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/billy-brownless-opening-up-on-his-fallout-with-garry-lyon-was-wrenching-to-watch-writes-mark-robinson/news-story/c6af8666ab54b5c530b0bf260a432102

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2016, 08:47:15 PM »
I wonder if the good character of Billy remained faithful to his wife over the years they were marrird
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2016, 11:05:15 PM »
LMAO at that cesspit of a program and double so for the protagonist.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2016, 12:38:32 PM »
Lady in question not quite miss universe
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2016, 06:03:50 AM »
Not to kick a man when he's down but from the times I've occasionally watched or listened to his former programs I've enjoyed them much more without him.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S