Author Topic: I'm done  (Read 6823 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: I'm done
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 12:00:27 AM »
Very very poor performances two consecutive weeks. Hardwick told everyone he considered the first week a loss, we now have lost again so essentially we havent played decent football for 2 games. The players, coaching staff and everyone else involved with the club need to have a good look at themselves because quite frankly for the 70,000+ members its simply not good enough.
This. :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2016, 12:01:52 AM »
4 seconds from being 2-0.

I hate football.

Unleash the tornado

dwaino

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2016, 12:41:01 AM »
Have to say that I struggled to get motivated for this season. Assumed I would just get into it as the season started but the first two games have been an absolute chore. Probably just tired of watching others get excited about their teams as they rise and fall, then rise again while we just tread water.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 12:59:49 AM »
Intersting caller tonight on SEN

Asked who out of the Richmond team is likeable and who entertains. There are as few as there has ever been? Atleas with Richo he carried our passion through him.

Jack is likeable and entertains, although slightly maligned.
Dusty is likeable and entertains, although maligned heavily across footy circles
Rance yes although not a huge entertainer but inspiring
Maric yes same as Rance
Deledio, both.
Edwards somewhat entertaining

Apart from that there are a lot of RFC players that are just there. Apart from Dusty and Riewoldt who sells tickets to entertain? Not many. Hard to get excited about the footy next week with the brand of footy we have played over 2 weeks.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2016, 08:52:03 AM »
Mentally weak.

More than that thoigh

Just stupid and dumb. We pay too much dumb footy at  clutch times
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 08:53:59 AM »
Have to say that I struggled to get motivated for this season. Assumed I would just get into it as the season started but the first two games have been an absolute chore. Probably just tired of watching others get excited about their teams as they rise and fall, then rise again while we just tread water.

Yep. Pretty much.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2016, 09:09:46 AM »
I heard Ross Lyon talk about how the art of coaching is to get the collective from where you are to where you need to be.
I also heard Michael Gardiner describe Ross Lyon as his best coach because he "got the most from the most"

I wonder what this playing list would say about Dimma?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2016, 09:25:05 AM »
Mentally weak.

More than that thoigh

Just stupid and dumb. We pay too much dumb footy at  clutch times
I know you like to blame Hartly for all things that are wrong at the club but I never really hear your thoughts on Dimwit? Team selection? Style of footy? Softness of players?

But you are super quick to pot Cotch for his  leadership.
I'd think Dimwit's leadership is just as important as Cotch's and yet I never hear it from you.
I'd personally say he is the worst coach in the AFL. And it starts at selection two days before the game is even played. We play at least 2 or 3 short every week.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »
 :thumbsdown Injuries are taking its toll on the club. We are very young side. See you next week  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
Once again, how much say does Hardwick have in team selection? Is it just him or a committee. Does he have the power to overrule people?

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2016, 01:25:37 PM »
Once again, how much say does Hardwick have in team selection? Is it just him or a committee. Does he have the power to overrule people?

Every coach has the last say

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2016, 01:37:01 PM »

Loads of money, no debt, great facilities, resources aplenty, stable off field administration etc.

Too many duds still on and off the field. We keep them too long & don't take risks. (See FJ,Elton Struggled, Blair Hartley, etc.)

We have this former Port Adelaide 2004 premiership jobs for mates footy department. We still have old Francis Jackson still struggling to get picks in the top 10 right. A devolopment department that hasn't really developed a better footy player from what he was when he came. Sure Rance has improved but that might say more about him than the club. The proof is in the results across the whole list.

This club has lost its ruthlessness that demands results & they keep the status quo in the name of "stability".

Even if we recruit decent players we develop them into great administrators rather than ruthless footballers. That's all good if you want them to run the umpiring department but it won't win you a premiership.

As frustrating as it is that Treloar picked Collingwood ahead of Richmond, I don't blame him, I blame the soft, tepid, easy going, clean cut, politically correct, unchallenged, small minded, good to grandma  & tame administration. We are a tiger without claws, toothless and SOFT! 

Graeme Richmond would be turning in his grave.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »

Committee, but coach would over rule on any line ball decisions

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 02:17:46 PM »
If the coach was overruling the rest of the selection committee on selections, that in itself would show a huge problem
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 02:38:18 PM »
If the coach was overruling the rest of the selection committee on selections, that in itself would show a huge problem

Not at all. It's the coach who has the say. He has the game plan & picks the players who will match up with the game plans against the opposition. That is why he is the coach. The selectors are just people who gather the information & put forward at the table who is worthy of a game or who would be a possible good match up. Who is available from the medical staff & alot of other things like who will be dropped & who is reprimanded & suspended by the club or the league. Its all laid out on the table & the best players for the team is picked with emergencies & the odd ball selection if your a Kevin Sheedy type of coach  ;D