Author Topic: I'm done  (Read 6793 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: I'm done
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »
[
I'm pretty sure WP can speak for himself. He is a big boy.
I know BH looks at other lists to find potential players he thinks we could use but as Ox said, do you really think he has much say in who stays? If Hardwick isn't giving that info to the club I'd be more than surprised.
Plus I think your under rating Dan Richardsons roll at the club.

Think you really should have listen to BH himself to find out what he does. Loves telling people what he does  ;D

He has a major say on who stays, he makes the recommendations as part of his rating of our list and other sides list.

He has a much greater role than you realise
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2016, 09:51:05 PM »
Does it really  matter who does what role. The key point is THE ROLES are not being done well.
Coaching, List Management, Development, Recruiting is done as a collective they are all responsible to varying degrees in each role. While we debate who is most respnsible for each role they all escape the scrutiny they should get.
It starts at the top because the top dont even recognise there are problems.While this remains to be the case nothing will change.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2016, 10:05:14 PM »
Sort of going on a tangent here but in terms of development, recruting etc. how do the Swans seem to continually manage to find player gems outside of normal channels when we struggle to do the same. Is there some kind of recruiting loophole they have with their Academy or are we just doing things terribly badly in comparison?

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2016, 10:24:57 PM »
DH, BH, DR who cares, they are all useless.

Blair Hartley is utterly useless. Useless.

DH i feel gets off the hook based on how crap DR and BH are. DH would have far more of a say in many things than a lot of people on here make out. The buck stops with the coach, the coach is the one that cops it in the media, the coach is the one that is always first to blame and has witch hunts created for. James Hird perfect example.

DH wouldn't risk all of this on other people making the decisions. In fact, it would be hilariously ironic that he does lol.
Go Tigers!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2016, 07:43:51 AM »
lol, so whats the point of having recruiters go out and look at players if the coach is the one that makes the decision?
thats just stupid to suggest the coach doesnt rely on others to make decisions related to their supposed expertise, thats what they are paid for.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2016, 12:03:46 PM »
Lucky we didn't give trelor an extra 100k

Wouldn't wanna send the wrong messages
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2016, 12:15:53 PM »
Hardwick would only tell them what type of players he wants/needs....and even then not every player would fit that criteria....f.e. I doubt McBean & Menadue who are both skinny as rakes and were considered 3-4 year projects at the time of their drafts, would've been what Hardwick wanted with picks in the 30's....and Hackson is known for his "hunch" picks and trying to be clever rather than taking best available... ..also consider that when sides actually do draft  "best available" particularly with early picks, they're not always types that the coach wants or needs, they're simply considered too good to pass up.....f.e. Hardwick might've wanted, say, a big inside mid at pick 12 in 2013, particularly after we got smashed in the clearances by Carlton in the second half of the EF.....but Lennon , regarded by many as even a top 5  talent, was clearly the best available at that pick, so we took him instead....also, when players unexpectedly slide, that can also throw out your plans.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2016, 12:25:48 PM »
Hardwick would only tell them what type of players he wants/needs....and even then not every player would fit that criteria....f.e. I doubt McBean & Menadue who are both skinny as rakes and were considered 3-4 year projects at the time of their drafts, would've been what Hardwick wanted with picks in the 30's....and Hackson is known for his "hunch" picks and trying to be clever rather than taking best available... ..also consider that when sides actually do draft  "best available" particularly with early picks, they're not always types that the coach wants or needs, they're simply considered too good to pass up.....f.e. Hardwick might've wanted, say, a big inside mid at pick 12 in 2013, particularly after we got smashed in the clearances by Carlton in the second half of the EF.....but Lennon , regarded by many as even a top 5  talent, was clearly the best available at that pick, so we took him instead....also, when players unexpectedly slide, that can also throw out your plans.....

and then dimma doesnt give lenin games to spite hackson  :clapping
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2016, 12:49:45 PM »
Yep....if only he'd been a Hartley pick instead.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2016, 03:50:46 PM »
Sort of going on a tangent here but in terms of development, recruting etc. how do the Swans seem to continually manage to find player gems outside of normal channels when we struggle to do the same. Is there some kind of recruiting loophole they have with their Academy or are we just doing things terribly badly in comparison?
Most intelligent comment in this snipe fest.  I used to think it was the extra money they had but it can't be just that. They get great performances out of recycled duds every year it seems. It has to be culture and some behind the scenes people.  Maybe they spend more on opposition analysis.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2016, 03:56:58 PM »
Probably simple rules. Play on at all times, run hard and kick to the advantage of your teammate. Run hard the opposite way when you don't have the ball.

Footballers are simple people in general. They don't need to work out how to alter the space-time continuum or split the atom. When you give them simple rules they look more skilful because they don't have 10 things going through their minds when they are about to kick or handball.

Just my rant....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2016, 04:43:28 PM »

Probably simple rules. Play on at all times, run hard and kick to the advantage of your teammate. Run hard the opposite way when you don't have the ball.

Footballers are simple people in general. They don't need to work out how to alter the space-time continuum or split the atom. When you give them simple rules they look more skilful because they don't have 10 things going through their minds when they are about to kick or handball.

Just my rant....

Reckon you've nailed it - the KISS principle

As well as buy in factor, they keep it simple but you don't buy into everything the Swans stand for and you dont last long

Perfect example is you last point about running hard the opposite way. It appears to be one of their basic buy in rules and everyone follows it...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2016, 04:58:46 PM »
Worst managed team in the league.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2016, 05:40:35 PM »

Just my rant....
Well there we have it in a nutshell, proof that the RFC must just over complicate everything game related and the players are just out an out confused. As a result they dont appear to know what the hell they are doing........Your honor, I present you with evidence no.1, last quarter Richmond vs Collingwood 1/4/2016.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2016, 05:47:26 PM »
Most intelligent comment in this snipe fest.  I used to think it was the extra money they had but it can't be just that.

na ...

not at richmond ...