Author Topic: Alastair Clarkson  (Read 9419 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Alastair Clarkson
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 10:36:18 PM »
We should have got Danger

How did we let him go

We were geographically challenged unfortunately
lol at the WPs of the world

Blokes like this pick the board, the board picks the hack coaches and list

No wonder the club has been a basket case for th best part of half a century

Aim low and no one will know your a loser eh lads?

One tip: don't you words like absolutely unless one understand the definition. Yes, the chances are low. Yet stranger things have happened in sport     

No point in wasting time on something you are not going to succeed in. But hey lets go after him with zero chance of getting him and watch a gettable slip through your grasp...

Reason is this :

I guess it's because Clarkson is known as a man of his word. And he has a verbal understanding with the club that he'll continue to coach Hawthorn.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 10:40:54 PM »

How did we let him go

We were geographically challenged

We should have relocated the club to that Gimps creek place or whatever, it's lack of the hard decisions like this that has made us a basket case for the last 30 years

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »

How did we let him go

lol at the WPs of the world

Blokes like this pick the board, the board picks the hack coaches and list

No wonder the club has been a basket case for th best part of half a century

Aim low and no one will know your a loser eh lads?

One tip: don't you words like absolutely unless one understand the definition. Yes, the chances are low. Yet stranger things have happened in sport     

No point in wasting time on something you are not going to succeed in. But hey lets go after him with zero chance of getting him and watch a gettable slip through your grasp...

Reason is this :

I guess it's because Clarkson is known as a man of his word. And he has a verbal understanding with the club that he'll continue to coach Hawthorn.
Would you have said the same about Ross Lyon before he walked out on the Saints?
At the end of the day nobody really knows what AC is thinking. We can all speculate but I still think it's ok to discuss it on a forum. Saying there is no point wasting time on something you are not going to succeed in is arrogant IMO.
It's ok to dream WP....

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 10:53:13 PM »
Absolutely love the RFC and supporters, typical, lets look at how he WON"T come to the club or how we CAN"T get him.....this is probably what the RFC do when recruiting and trying to get players in the off season..

Well done, gee what a bunch. :clapping

Mate, I think Richmond losing these past 3 weeks has done some serious damage. Come back to reality.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:38:53 AM by one-eyed »

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 12:28:23 AM »
Absolutely love the RFC and supporters, typical, lets look at how he WON"T come to the club or how we CAN"T get him.....this is probably what the RFC do when recruiting and trying to get players in the off season..

Well done, gee what a bunch. :clapping

:clapping

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 06:55:32 AM »
Would you have said the same about Ross Lyon before he walked out on the Saints?

Nope, because Lyon was about selling himself to the highest bidder. Clarkson doesn't need to because he's one of the top 2 paid coaches in the game  ;D

At the end of the day nobody really knows what AC is thinking. We can all speculate but I still think it's ok to discuss it on a forum. Saying there is no point wasting time on something you are not going to succeed in is arrogant IMO.
It's ok to dream WP....

Don't confuse supposedly arrogance with practicalities.

always nice to dream but I'd rather dream about who we might have s a shot at then who we don't. Personally, I'd think we'd have more chance getting a Longmire than a Clarkson

Besides dreaming can damage one's health. I was dreaming of a top 4 finish in 2016 and it's done me a lot of emotional harm  ;D

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »
Some of us deal in facts aka reality....

Reality is he was going to the cats

That didn't stop you from being president of the " lets get Danger to tigerland " club.

i was being facetious

Reality is ...

danger was a massive missed opportunity as will be clarko

ask yourself....
 -  would richmond have the intestinal fortitude to offer a player 10 years like the swans did?
 -  would they have the balls to steal solid/proven of a coach like Freo did?

Slow and steady doesn't win the race ...

How did we let him go

could of bought him a helicopter

no thinking outside the box @ RFC
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2016, 02:17:13 PM »

Nope, because Lyon was about selling himself to the highest bidder. Clarkson doesn't need to because he's one of the top 2 paid coaches in the game  ;D

step 1: RFC grow some balls
step 2: take out a loan
step 3: offer him three times whats on the table
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 03:44:23 PM »

Reality is ...

danger was a massive missed opportunity as will be clarko

ask yourself....
 -  would richmond have the intestinal fortitude to offer a player 10 years like the swans did?
 -  would they have the balls to steal solid/proven of a coach like Freo did?

Slow and steady doesn't win the race ...

Why do you have such trouble understanding that the RFC and every other club in the competition (other than the cats) had absolutely no chance, none, zilch, nada of getting Dangerfield. None; this was a FACT.

Everyone within in the AFL industry knew this, clubs were told this. it was never about money with him. I get that you and others struggle with that concept but for him it wasn't about the money. We and any other club could have offered him $2 mil a year and it wouldn't have made an ounce of difference. Any chance you can get that through your noodle???

So therefore, he wasn't a "missed opportunity" because he was never going to go to any other club other than Geelong, again FACT.

I know it doesn't serve your purpose but that's the reality of that situation. We and the other 9 Victorian clubs were never a chance to get him, that's the reality FACT 

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2016, 07:19:27 PM »

step 1: RFC grow some balls
step 2: take out a loan
step 3: offer him three times whats on the table
What made you think that WP about Lyon before he actually left St. Kilda?
He didn't have form in it did he?
A bit of a stretch I recon saying that about Ross. He did what he did but I still think he is one of those old fashion "my handshake is as strong as oak" sort of guys. Sometimes the offer is just to good to refuse. I doesn't make you a bad guy if you are looking after yourself and your family. Clubs are ruthless so it's not always going to work in their favour.
I respect the Freemantle Footy Club for getting such a deal done under everybody's noses. Same goes for The Swans and Buddy.
If you want to be friend with everyone, join FaceBook, but if you want to have a crack and put yourself in the best position possible, friends are the furtherest thing from your mind.
The RFC could learn a lesson from both those situations.
What do they say "nice guys finish last"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:42:10 PM by big tone »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:38 PM »
Won't back stab his mate Hardwick and jump in his grave either....

Correct, it's an absurd and poorly thought out idea.

So true, but the  nupties still carry on. its funny how stupidity inspires more stupidity
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 10:00:19 PM »
No no no. We aren't taking any risks at punt road, let's not upset the apple cart. We are one big happy family, no risks club. Unless your already working at punt road and you have a mate that needs a job in recruiting, then don't you worry, we will give him or her a nice office & desk with pens & paper and a nice erganomic chair, great hours, free medical & a nice 10% pay increase every year because we look after our people. Let's not forget our mates in the development department, you'll get extra perks because you don't even need to attend the club until April when the craps hit the fan and then we'll give you some balls so you can teach the boys the basic fundamentals of footy all over again. But don't worry because you'll never get sacked because there's very low expectations, no accountability and no pressure to produce results. You can live a comfortable life at punt road because we love you and we want you to stay comfortable for a long time because we are a stable club.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2016, 12:38:27 AM »
Money talks, but I doubt Clarkson is short on cash.

I don't think ANYBODY would be overly interested in leaving any club for RFC at the moment, players or otherwise, except for maybe some of those blokes at Essendrug...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Alastair Clarkson says He's Staying A Hawk (AFL Site)
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »
Well what do we have here  ;D
======================
Clarkson has verbal agreement on new deal
April 21, 2016 11:59 AM

ALASTAIR Clarkson says he has made a verbal commitment to extend his tenure at Hawthorn, with the four-time premiership coach dismissing suggestions he could be poached by a rival club.

Clarkson told AFL.com.au in February he had agreed to a three-year extension until at least the end of 2019, which would give him time to oversee the regeneration of the Hawks' ageing list.

However, the master coach's future came back into the spotlight this week when Fairfax Media speculated Collingwood could have an eye on Clarkson to replace Nathan Buckley, given the Hawks coach was yet to put pen to paper on his new deal.

But on Thursday, Clarkson shut down any suggestion he might quit Hawthorn.

"It's all because of me, not anyone else (that no contract has been signed yet)," Clarkson said.

"I can't even remember if I signed the last contract; what I have done is make a commitment to the club and I don't back away from commitments.

"So I'm going to be a Hawker. As much as I'm flattered that Caro (journalist Caroline Wilson) and others are interested in what's going on with my contract, I made a commitment to the club six weeks ago and I'm going nowhere.

"I made a commitment six weeks ago, and for all those out there that think I might be going somewhere, it couldn't be further from the truth."

The 47-year-old has coached Hawthorn in 263 matches – including five Grand Finals - since taking the reins in 2005 and is closing in on the legendary John Kennedy Snr's 299-game club record for most matches coached.

Clarkson has become a statesman of the game since rebuilding the once-struggling Hawks into a powerhouse and he applauded the AFL's decision this week to scrap Grand Final replays.

Full article
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-21/clarkson-has-verbal-agreement-with-hawks-for-new-contract

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2016, 04:07:56 PM »
Aha more proof of a further failure by the RFC