Author Topic: 2016 draft thread  (Read 3462 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
2016 draft thread
« on: April 25, 2016, 09:30:40 AM »
Anyone know much about the quality of this years draft kids?

Well probably end up with a pick in the top 3-5.

But i also think we traded our second rounder last year so there goes oue pick in the early 20s.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2016 draft thread
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:34:37 AM »
it doesn't matter who we get as long as dimwit, Hartley Jackson and that stupid american president is still there, we will forever be s h I t

It really is that simple.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:56:36 PM by WilliamPowell »
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:22:22 AM »
I was thinking about this last night.

Here we go again, we have crap year after the first year where the picks from last year were traded for players. :lol

So if we have pick 3 or 4 won't that be compromised by the traded picks for players from last year?

No doubt we will get shafted again like we did years ago when the new teams joined the league.. :P

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 10:24:42 AM »
 :-[
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 11:04:56 AM »
What's the point of a draft thread?

Francis "Betamax" Jackson will somehow find a way to stuff it up.  Let's face it we could field a full team with the quality players he's missed in the draft, a team more than likely could be winning premierships now.

But even if Betamax did pick a great list we'd all wonder why their crap because we have the worst development team in the league. But let's not bad mouth "Chocco".  :shh

Let's show Blair Hartley the door too, if every lay poster and his dog on this forum could see we needed a ruck, then why the hell haven't we got one? He's either a complete idiot or he actually thought Hampsud was good (which is why he was traded with a second rnd pick) and this my friends is enough to have him put in stocks so as we could all throw rotten fruit at his head.
Who's with me? :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 11:13:02 AM »
What's the point of a draft thread?

Francis "Betamax" Jackson will somehow find a way to stuff it up.  Let's face it we could field a full team with the quality players he's missed in the draft, a team more than likely could be winning premierships now.

But even if Betamax did pick a great list we'd all wonder why their crap because we have the worst development team in the league. But let's not bad mouth "Chocco".  :shh

Let's show Blair Hartley the door too, if every lay poster and his dog on this forum could see we needed a ruck, then why the hell haven't we got one? He's either a complete idiot or he actually thought Hampsud was good (which is why he was traded with a second rnd pick) and this my friends is enough to have him put in stocks so as we could all throw rotten fruit at his head.
Who's with me? :thumbsup
I agree with you re: FJ and BH. They have had long enough to bring in the right people.

I am conflicted with how much of our problems are due to playing personnel and how much are due to poor coaching, setups and structures. If the latter are the problem you could possibly put the Hawthorn players in Richmond jumpers and have them play poorly.

IMESHO I think that it is mainly the latter that is the issue and it is exacerbated by glaring holes in the playing group.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 11:28:48 AM »
So it is a compromised draft?

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 11:30:36 AM »
Yes we traded away our draft picks
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 11:34:17 AM »
We still got our 1st draft pick. We somehow need to trade for a second rounder. I think realistically the only guy with trade value is B. Ellis and I don't think the club has the kahunas to trade him…...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »
Yes we traded away our draft picks
That are now worth so.. much.. more... as our low position on the ladder at the end of this year would have translated to higher positioning in the draft order.  :banghead :banghead :banghead. All for that bludger Yarran :banghead :banghead. Sack the whole administration and start again!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 12:48:18 PM »
Gee we are going to suffer unless we trade out players. B Ellis must go, Batchelor (if worth a pick), Hunt, Griff, Conca....

"Rucks:

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 03:03:22 PM »
Gee we are going to suffer unless we trade out players. B Ellis must go, Batchelor (if worth a pick), Hunt, Griff, Conca....
No one will take Batchelor or Hunt. Who is dumber than us? 

I'd be surprise if we get a third rounder for GirlGriff and all currency that Conca once had is well and truly gone now.

B. Ellis and Vickery should get us some decent picks.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 04:28:11 PM »
Vickery as a free agent should get us half-decent compo.

Talls get overs - Griffiths must go

Ellis will get a decent pick.

Conca

GWS might be interested in Houli for marketing/demographic reasons, if nothing else.

The best player I'd give up is Edwards....we need to be serious for once and we can afford to lose him with the likes of Rioli, Butler & Short coming through....will miss his quick hands and bursts out of the middle but if we improve our list overall the loss should be negligible...

The rest just take whatever or delist. With the new bidding system you can bundle up late picks for earlier ones.

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 04:31:50 PM »
Yeah na
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »
Yeah let's just trade out hacks and expect high picks & guns in return.... :gotigers
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.