Author Topic: Dan Richardson on SEN / Tigers 'paying the price' for recruit strategy  (Read 20567 times)

tony_montana

This forum is exhibit 'A'
We are playing the kids and everyone wants everyone executed.  It is quite obvious we are having a bit of a tank and prune but everyone is losing their poo already lol

With respect you are talking out of your ass (again).

95% of people are stoked RFC is finally playing kids.  Some of us are skeptical as to why it taken so long and is it cause Dimmas mates are largely injured / retired rather than genuine attempts to strengthen the clubs long term interests.  The rose bush is already out of control and te neighbours are horrified.  Bit late to be reaching for the secateurs ?

The discussion at hand, is at DR comments and the first 50% of hardwicks time at Richmond sterling list management and motivations.

spot on Joseph - sorry hooter but wtf are you on about? Most are wrapt the kids are finally being played. The only ones the fans on here want executed are dimmer, his cronies and love children aka grigg, bellis & co

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement.

"We're paying a price in the sense that we knew that that mature-age talent would get us to a point but not take us to the next level, which was always going to be the hardest part.

"While it's been disappointing somewhat to not win a final, it's been a good achievement to play finals for three years in a row for the first time for 20 years for the club."

Bollocks

The Dogs turned it around in 1 season and were down and out the same time we were during the compromised drafts  :shh
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement.

"We're paying a price in the sense that we knew that that mature-age talent would get us to a point but not take us to the next level, which was always going to be the hardest part.

"While it's been disappointing somewhat to not win a final, it's been a good achievement to play finals for three years in a row for the first time for 20 years for the club."

Bollocks

The Dogs turned it around in 1 season and were down and out the same time we were during the compromised drafts  :shh

dont open that old chestnut wayne, ybb will be onto you in a flash telling you how lucky the doggies were to land about 6 players  :lol

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Bollocks

dont open that old chestnut wayne, ybb will be onto you in a flash telling you how lucky the doggies were to land about 6 players  :lol
They were fortunate. Fortune favours the brave! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Maybe the only man we've heard say the truth.... :shh

Can you show me some sort of source or proof ANY RFC members wanted to 'fast track' finals at the expense of proper list building for a flag ??

One of the strangest bloody things I've heard , and I know about weird things

Some may not have explicitly said it but you surely don't believe the majority of supporters would hang around if we were poo in 2013 and 2014 and only started making progress in 2015 at best.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Can you show me some sort of source or proof ANY RFC members wanted to 'fast track' finals at the expense of proper list building for a flag ??

Some may not have explicitly said it but you surely don't believe the majority of supporters would hang around if we were poo in 2013 and 2014 and only started making progress in 2015 at best.

90% of the littles on here would have had a permanent meltdown if that was the case

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish

The clubs being going since 1885

I'm not convinced what saved Richmond was instead of playing youth that might of been an assit now and in the future we found it vital to instead give games to McGaune Jackson pettard king knights grigg Newman Orren Thomas Hampson Gordon

IMHO dan is full of shizen
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame

90% of the littles on here would have had a permanent meltdown if that was the case

And you'd have a poster of Marcus Bontempelli on your bedroom wall
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame

I already do

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

I already do
:lol :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
We are playing the kids and everyone wants everyone executed.  It is quite obvious we are having a bit of a tank and prune but everyone is losing their poo already lol

95% of people are stoked RFC is finally playing kids.  Some of us are skeptical as to why it taken so long and is it cause Dimmas mates are largely injured / retired rather than genuine attempts to strengthen the clubs long term interests.  The rose bush is already out of control and te neighbours are horrified.  Bit late to be reaching for the secateurs ?

The discussion at hand, is at DR comments and the first 50% of hardwicks time at Richmond sterling list management and motivations.

spot on Joseph - sorry hooter but wtf are you on about? Most are wrapt the kids are finally being played. The only ones the fans on here want executed are dimmer, his cronies and love children aka grigg, bellis & co
I stick by my conviction that most people would be going berko if we went into a full rebuild and were getting pasted the last three years, we are dipping this year, lots of injuries, working out who the drastics are, and people are losing their poo
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame

I already do
:lol :clapping

:lol

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame

I stick by my conviction that most people would be going berko if we went into a full rebuild and were getting pasted the last three years, we are dipping this year, lots of injuries, working out who the drastics are, and people are losing their poo

Cause losing to 9th place Carlton in a final was just wonderful?

How about the several people wanting to tank?

I reckon you lot would of got over it pretty quick with an Angus brayshaw on board

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
A rebuild doesn't take 10 years.  We actually started the hardwick era off well recruiting and playing kids and playing a good brand of football.  We were heading in the right direction but then took a completely wrong turn in 2012 2013.  The EF appearances were false dawns but the club couldn't see this and persisted with this approach.  The notion that they planned a quick rebuild from the start is Bulls hit.   They changed course 2 to 3 years and couldn't see the course they took wasn't sustainable.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
A rebuild doesn't take 10 years.  We actually started the hardwick era off well recruiting and playing kids and playing a good brand of football.  We were heading in the right direction but then took a completely wrong turn in 2012 2013.  The EF appearances were false dawns but the club couldn't see this and persisted with this approach.  The notion that they planned a quick rebuild from the start is Bulls hit.   They changed course 2 to 3 years and couldn't see the course they took wasn't sustainable.

The issue is they fell in love with the money ball players - Chaplin. Grigg. Houli. Morris types

Instead of looking at continual improvement.