Author Topic: Dan Richardson on SEN / Tigers 'paying the price' for recruit strategy  (Read 20610 times)

tony_montana

Seriously ?
Why pay for something and not go
You might as well go
This is exactly what i have been doing.
More than likely I will take your advice and keep my money in my pocket next year

you and a fair few others Im tipping - especially if they start signing up spuds like Vickery

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Seriously ?
Why pay for something and not go
You might as well go
This is exactly what i have been doing.
More than likely I will take your advice and keep my money in my pocket next year

you and a fair few others Im tipping - especially if they start signing up spuds like Vickery

You guys should remember you are the reason the club sucks.

Could have had a flag buy oh no you wanted finals in four years
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

tony_montana

I want another rebuild!!!!

But I can't wait 5+ yrs for a flag, I want shortcuts and some finals appearances earlier bc I'm a dumb supporter and demand it!!!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
I want another rebuild!!!!

But I can't wait 5+ yrs for a flag, I want shortcuts and some finals appearances earlier bc I'm a dumb supporter and demand it!!!
The whole joint needs a clean out from the coaches, to the recruiters, to the president, to half the list (and I'm not joking about that) and this idiot Dan Richardson.

But how many changes will actually occur come years end??

How many trades will we make?

Most likely the standard few retirements and standard few rookies. With maybe Vickery. That will be it.

And come 2017 they will be peddling the same old poo. 

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
It's funny this who rubbish from D.R what decisions were made over the last 2 years to fast track anything? Can't recall any trade or free agency to try and please the ruthless unforgiving fans what so ever. Idiot Richardson
Go Tigers!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Maybe the only man we've heard say the truth.... :shh
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

if you believe that you are more dillusional than him.

Most on here with half a brain knew we were headed for no mans land after losing to carlton and perhaps even before that with decisions like matty thomas and 3 years to that dud knights.

They chose the monkeyball route because they simply dont have a clue how to recruit a descent player. That in their eyes was a shortcut to success, as hackson and his mates are the most pathetic recruiters in the business

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame

Most on here with half a brain knew we were headed for no mans land after losing to carlton and perhaps even before that with decisions like matty thomas and 3 years to that dud knights.

They chose the monkeyball route because they simply dont have a clue how to recruit a descent player. That in their eyes was a shortcut to success, as hackson and his mates are the most pathetic recruiters in the business
Have you ever considered that they only tried to be competitive as they felt to get better talent they would have to finish down the bottom?
I'm not saying this is or was right at all. I'm just saying that they were deluded and thought they might do what Sydney did 10 years ago very successfully.
The point is the game has moved on. You need fast skilled players complementing elite inside ball winners and an attacking game plan. Recycled and rejected rubbish was never going to get you there.
Dan's comments paint a club that was too scared to make the hard calls which meant possibly taking longer to get to success. They were obsessed in trying to get as close as possible to their 3-0-75 target to avoid humiliation.
I actually think he reflected this mentality with his comments.

So believing them does not mean I'm delusional. I actually think not believing them means that.

I don't think the club at the time thought it couldn't recruit. Think about it. If they thought that FJ would have been shown the door. They were deluded in thinking they had a great recruiter and list manager (Blair).  You are giving them way to much credit Angus.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame

Can you show me some sort of source or proof ANY RFC members wanted to 'fast track' finals at the expense of proper list building for a flag ??

One of the strangest bloody things I've heard , and I know about weird things
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame

Have you ever considered that they only tried to be competitive as they felt to get better talent they would have to finish down the bottom?
I'm not saying this is or was right at all. I'm just saying that they were deluded and thought they might do what Sydney did 10 years ago very successfully.
The point is the game has moved on. You need fast skilled players complementing elite inside ball winners and an attacking game plan. Recycled and rejected rubbish was never going to get you there.
Dan's comments paint a club that was too scared to make the hard calls which meant possibly taking longer to get to success. They were obsessed in trying to get as close as possible to their 3-0-75 target to avoid humiliation.
I actually think he reflected this mentality with his comments.

So believing them does not mean I'm delusional. I actually think not believing them means that.

I don't think the club at the time thought it couldn't recruit. Think about it. If they thought that FJ would have been shown the door. They were deluded in thinking they had a great recruiter and list manager (Blair).  You are giving them way to much credit Angus.

It's hard to understand what you are saying.

The Sydney example is moronic as they have more cap-money significantly so

I assume you mean the had to finish mid table to get a decent free agent?  That's all and well and good If you pretend the draft doesn't exist

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
This forum is exhibit 'A'
We are playing the kids and everyone wants everyone executed.  It is quite obvious we are having a bit of a tank and prune but everyone is losing their poo already lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
We are playing the kids and everyone wants everyone executed.  It is quite obvious we are having a bit of a tank and prune but everyone is losing their poo already lol

With respect you are talking out of your ass (again).

95% of people are stoked RFC is finally playing kids.  Some of us are skeptical as to why it taken so long and is it cause Dimmas mates are largely injured / retired rather than genuine attempts to strengthen the clubs long term interests.  The rose bush is already out of control and te neighbours are horrified.  Bit late to be reaching for the secateurs ?

The discussion at hand, is at DR comments and the first 50% of hardwicks time at Richmond sterling list management and motivations.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:29:34 AM by Stalin »

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame

:bow :bow   - 👍
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement.

"We're paying a price in the sense that we knew that that mature-age talent would get us to a point but not take us to the next level, which was always going to be the hardest part.

"While it's been disappointing somewhat to not win a final, it's been a good achievement to play finals for three years in a row for the first time for 20 years for the club."

Bollocks

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

nothing to do with the kids stop trying to make this an issue we have them. Tank and prune for hackson to pick our next Conca :santa :santa :santa

issue we have is for the idiots who have got us into this position. Now that after 5 years they have realized what most of us have been saying for years so they expect us to roll over and open our wallet.

FO
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.