Author Topic: Dan Richardson on SEN / Tigers 'paying the price' for recruit strategy  (Read 22420 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Problem was the fans losing their poo in 2011 and 2012 despite being 1-2 years into a rebuild :lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
LOL .  I dunno what we could of done though, they went moneyball with the compromised draft and we are basically back to where we were in the first place after the heady heights of ...three consecutive finals instant knockouts.  stuffing AFL.  Our timing stinks.  Remember we bottomed out when they changed the priority pick rules too LOL dipped out then as well.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
I like how they changed the father-son rule two drafts before we finally have our first promising father-son prospects in 20 years because Fathead bitched about the northern club's academies....as if the southern clubs have a production line of gun father-son prospects coming through every year comparable to the academies....even the clubs that have been the luckiest with father-sons, like say Geelong and more recently Footscray, have only really got a batch of 4-5 top players from it over a decade...and usually in just out of one or two drafts...

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Problem was the fans losing their poo in 2011 and 2012 despite being 1-2 years into a rebuild :lol

Yeah it's the fans fault daniel...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.

:thumbsdown

Yep, the most loyal stuffing fans in the league are the issue here...

And were we losing our poo at that stage? I remember most of us being fairly accepting of a new rebuild.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

:thumbsdown

Yep, the most loyal stuffing fans in the league are the issue here...

And were we losing our poo at that stage? I remember most of us being fairly accepting of a new rebuild.

If anything it was the glass half full types. Gave the confidence to the club that we werent far off a premiership
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
bs, he is telling the truth!  You guys were bitching then and you are bitching now and you would be bitching in between!  don't kid yourselves!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
bs, he is telling the truth!  You guys were bitching then and you are bitching now and you would be bitching in between!  don't kid yourselves!

:thumbsup
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.

There is a lot wrong with that post.

Even if we were bitching back then (which I don't agree with), are you seriously suggesting that unrest in small sections of the fanbase is justification for these well-paid administrators to lead the club down an unsasitanbale and ultimately unsuccessful path?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

No triggering people please. This is supposed to be a safe space.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dan Richardson on SEN / Tigers 'paying the price' for recruit strategy
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »

No triggering people please. This is supposed to be a safe space.
:lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2016, 11:49:35 AM »

The same club that make key decisions based on being afraid of newspapers and sen- make list managment calls based on a few toothless feral bogans apparently.

Well I can't say I'm surprised
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2016, 11:51:20 AM »
Its ironic reading this thread and realizing the famous OER "Sack Hardwick " thread has been going strong since July 2012.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2016, 11:51:31 AM »
Was never convinced by the "moneyball" approach...or Blair's execution of it at least, never rated Hackson as a recruiter , was always frustrated that we never traded back into the draft - so my concerns over list management have always been there from day one.....2012 started to see signs that Halfstep was perhaps not all we hoped....but probably gave him the benefit of the doubt until 2013 EF....though couldn't shake the feeling we were winning in spite of things, not because of them...definitely wanted him gone after the corresponding match the following year and he should've been.... then his selections, match-ups and tactics for the 2015 EF made it a matter of urgency....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2016, 11:53:36 AM »
Its ironic reading this thread and realizing the famous OER "Sack Hardwick " thread has been going strong since July 2012.

The Rose coloured glass fundamentalists would have a melt down at critical comments back then