Author Topic: Deledio off to GWS in exchange for future first & third round picks [confirmed]  (Read 176887 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats [update]
« Reply #585 on: October 11, 2016, 06:01:35 PM »
Caddy averaged 11.5 disposals in this years two finals ... but kicked 3 goals ...
I don't really know but did he play more forward than on ball?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #586 on: October 11, 2016, 06:03:34 PM »
:lol :lol

Seem to remember when Caddy was leaving the Suns people on here wanted him , said he was going to be a gun and were peeved that the Tigers didn't go after him  :lol

So It seems to me it doesn't matter who we got from Geelong it wouldn't  be enough

I'd take Caddy as part of the deal, throw in another player say the young lad Kolijaz (not sure how to spell it) and I'd say deal  :thumbsup

4 seasons long time in football.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #587 on: October 11, 2016, 06:09:31 PM »
Caddy has never caught my eye. Goes missing a lot at crucial times in games. Would rather Cockatoo or a late first rounder TBH. Is big, tough and imposing but rarely uses those traits. We have enough "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" types already!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #588 on: October 11, 2016, 06:18:50 PM »
Caddy has never caught my eye. Goes missing a lot at crucial times in games. Would rather Cockatoo or a late first rounder TBH. Is big, tough and imposing but rarely uses those traits. We have enough "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" types already!

Yep im with you.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #589 on: October 11, 2016, 06:41:40 PM »
Interesting the idea of Caddy & Prestia possibly being recruited in 1 year.
They are 2 of the better clearance players in the league which means a new engine room.

Wouldn't be using this year as a guide for Caddy either,bringing in Danger changed his role this year.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #590 on: October 11, 2016, 06:47:11 PM »
Which is a criticism some may hold for Lids too.

tony_montana

« Reply #591 on: October 11, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »
I'd take Caddy.
Hardworking aggressive mid that kicks it pretty well.
Other than Dusty, our mids are weak. Even our kids

Do it Tigers... and forget Prestia

I'd take him too, along with prestia - preferably without giving up pick 6 but that may be difficult..

Prestia goes alright, he's a bull at a gate midfielder something we lack

dwaino

« Reply #592 on: October 11, 2016, 06:53:19 PM »
Caddy is a genuinegoal kicking mid, just what we need. Cats supporters already melting at the idea of trading Caddy  :lol. If Lids wants to go and forego being a one club player then we've got the most out of him and that's not bad compensation. Whoever is running the Herald Sun live trade tracker page reckons Geelong would have to chuck in 35 as a sweetener. Can't see that happening but it would be nice to bend them over for a change.

tony_montana

« Reply #593 on: October 11, 2016, 06:55:21 PM »
Caddy is a goal kicking mid, just what we need. Cats supporters already melting at the idea of trading Caddy  :lol. If Lids wants to go and forego being a one club player then we've got the most out of him and that's not bad compensation. Whoever is running the Herald Sun live trade tracker page reckons Geelong would have to chuck in 35 as a sweetener. Can't see that happening but it would be nice to bend them over for a change.

I reckon the guy running the live trade tracker is trolling  ;D

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #594 on: October 11, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »
Lids > caddy

35 would be fair not bending over ...

We have dusty, Cotchin, miles. Is Prestia. Bull at the gate or. Wog midget?
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

dwaino

« Reply #595 on: October 11, 2016, 06:56:52 PM »
Caddy is a goal kicking mid, just what we need. Cats supporters already melting at the idea of trading Caddy  :lol. If Lids wants to go and forego being a one club player then we've got the most out of him and that's not bad compensation. Whoever is running the Herald Sun live trade tracker page reckons Geelong would have to chuck in 35 as a sweetener. Can't see that happening but it would be nice to bend them over for a change.

I reckon the guy running the live trade tracker is trolling  ;D

That's what I thought, Geelong fans are already squirming  ;D

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #596 on: October 11, 2016, 07:05:34 PM »
What Geelong list boss Stephen Wells said on SEN earlier today:

"We received an approach through their (Deledio & Tuohy) manager late in the season for us to consider those boys coming to join us at Geelong,” Wells said.

“Of course with players of the quality of those two we have an interest, we’d love them to come and play at Geelong.”

Geelong face an uphill battle to satisfy both Richmond and Carlton in a trade, while fitting the duo into their already tight salary cap is another problem.

The Cats held talks with the Tigers at Etihad Stadium on Monday as the trade period kicked off, where the asking price for Deledio was laid out.

“I’ll keep that (specifics) to ourselves but it’s a lot. They really like Brett a lot as a player as you can imagine and they want him to play for the Richmond footy club, he’s a contracted player,” Wells told SEN.

“I think they’re also mindful of the fact that he is getting closer to 30 and is a free agent at the end of next year as well.

“We’ve got a lot of work to sort that out.”

Geelong’s first pick in this year’s draft is currently No.36 but could improve that position should it find a club willing to do a trade for enigmatic forward Steven Motlop.

The Cats are also looking at options to orchestrate a three-way trade.

“That’s probably the way it’ll have to happen,” Wells said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brett-deledios-management-approached-geelong-about-a-trade-late-in-the-season/news-story/e72d07c26fa42a01632eac8a7f9e0c8e

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond has already spoken to the Geelong midfielder Josh Caddy (Foxsports)
« Reply #597 on: October 11, 2016, 07:08:23 PM »
Tigers co-captain? :huh3

Josh Caddy trade, Brett Deledio trade, Richmond has already spoken to the Geelong midfielder Josh Caddy over trade for Tigers co-captain

Jake Niall
Foxsports
11 October 2016 6:30pm

RICHMOND has already spoken to Geelong midfielder Josh Caddy about a possible move to Punt Road with Caddy seen as the obvious trade for Brett Deledio.

Caddy is understood to have spoken to the Tigers in recent days prior to going overseas and his management have also been in contact with Richmond which identified the strong midfielder as a potential exchange for Deledio, who wants to join the Cats.

But Geelong, while aware of Richmond’s interest, has not offered Caddy to the Tigers as part of any Deledio trade. The Cats acknowledge the deal must involve a player being shifted out due to salary cap concerns and the need to satisfy Richmond.

Caddy has emerged as a potential solution — provided Geelong is willing to trade him — after Steven Motlop, long considered the suitable trade for the Cats, was rejected as an option by the Tigers.

Richmond has told Deledio that he might not be traded to the Cats and that he could be stuck at Tigerland in 2017, the last year of his hefty contract which will see him paid in excess of $700,000. Deledio would almost certainly renegotiate a new deal in order to fit under Geelong’s salary cap and extend his contract.

Deledio understands and accepts the club’s position, though he is keen on a move having requested the trade to Geelong to freshen up his career. Richmond has been adamant that it will not trade the two-time best and fairest winner and two-time All-Australian without a worthwhile return, either in draft picks or a player.

Geelong has been hamstrung by the lack of a first-round draft pick, having traded it to Carlton for Lachie Henderson during last year’s trade period. But the Cats will not make an application for the AFL to use their 2017 first round selection in this deal, which is permitted under the rules.

Caddy fits Richmond’s need for a strong inside midfielder with size. He is behind both Patrick Dangerfield and Joel Selwood in the Cats’ pecking order for stoppage-type players, and Caddy did not have a great season in 2016. He played 18 games averaging 20.2 disposals, finishing outside the top ten in Geelong’s best and fairest count.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-has-already-spoken-to-geelong-midfielder-josh-caddy-over-trade-for-brett-deledio/news-story/63bb2a86965726d8f45d23fe870d6a44

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Deledio interested in joining Cats / Tigers after Caddy in return [update]
« Reply #598 on: October 11, 2016, 07:12:53 PM »
Josh Caddy has emerged as the name Richmond wants from Geelong in return for Deledio. Close with Prestia, Balme connection.

https://twitter.com/barrettdamian

As revealed on AFL Trade Radio, it is understood Caddy’s close relationships with both potential recruit Dion Prestia and former Cats football boss Neil Balme, are both key factors in the pursuit of the 24-year-old.

Caddy joined Geelong in 2012 in return for one of the two compensation picks the club gained for Gary Ablett. He has played 81 games in his four seasons at the Cats.

Geelong rates Caddy highly, and would prefer to bring Deledio to Simonds Stadium using other players and picks.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-10-11/could-caddy-be-the-key-jrz

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #599 on: October 11, 2016, 07:39:55 PM »
:lol :lol

Seem to remember when Caddy was leaving the Suns people on here wanted him , said he was going to be a gun and were peeved that the Tigers didn't go after him  :lol

So It seems to me it doesn't matter who we got from Geelong it wouldn't  be enough

I'd take Caddy as part of the deal, throw in another player say the young lad Kolijaz (not sure how to spell it) and I'd say deal  :thumbsup

Is there anyone here that wouldn't trade lids for koladash and caddy??

Doubt that. We would be laughing I rate that kid.

This is a trade for caddy for lids which given his output so far would not be a wise move. He hasn't come on.

Trade him elsewhere and give us a pick around 15
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.