Author Topic: Barrett's 'goss' on Richmond on the footy show tonight  (Read 6536 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Barrett's 'goss' on Richmond on the footy show tonight
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »
Rance is a legend
It's not his job telling our development coach what he can or cannot do!

There are other ways of voicing your concern.
Footy is about passion. Nothing wrong with questioning people sometimes if you don't think something is right. It's not as if we aren't in a position where questions need to be asked.
No big deal in my opinion. I actually hope it did happen.
If footy was about passion then he would have begun training before January.
Everyone is different mate. Some people live and breath AFL and some don't. He obviously loves the RFC but he also has other things in his life he has to be mindful of. His wife and family being one.
He got extended leave off the club because they decided he needed it for one reason or another and that's good enough for me. But questioning his passion because of it is a bit unfair IMO. He plays with more passion than anyone at our club. He is exactly the sort of person that all rules don't apply too, not because of his talents on the footy field but for how he lives his life. He has shown full respect for the clubs decision by coming back in great shape and working extra hard when he was back to catch up to the rest of the playing group.
Agree with you here bt, but I still think he was out of line questioning the development coach on how he should approach a player who did the wrong thing on field. :thumbsup
Especially when Rance did the wrong thing the week before.

THe week before rance saves about ten goals vs melbourne. Same as every game

Sounds to me, like rance did the right thing

Rance is an all australian and probably te best defender on Australia. This overrides not running the tan in November IMO. He can say what he wants for mine

The thing that has been overlooked here is that Rance probably thought Chocco was being racist and called him out on it.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Barrett's 'goss' on Richmond on the footy show tonight
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2016, 12:30:26 PM »
Williams told Chol his effort in a marking contest was poor.........it was poor. Good coaching as far am I'm concerned.

Perhaps new age rance is a fan of constructive constructive critical instead Of bagging people

Given chol is a young Sudanese kid maybe he is wired differently that others. Maybe what's rance was getting at

He should stick to playing football.
Actors don't direct (not well anyway) as Alfred Hitchcock once said to an actor when asking what his motivation was for his character "your salary"
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 12:34:13 PM »
Williams told Chol his effort in a marking contest was poor.........it was poor. Good coaching as far am I'm concerned.

Perhaps new age rance is a fan of constructive constructive critical instead Of bagging people

Given chol is a young Sudanese kid maybe he is wired differently that others. Maybe what's rance was getting at

Actors don't direct (not well anyway) as Alfred Hitchcock once said to an actor when asking what his motivation was for his character "your salary"

Hawthorn were praised for having players that coached

So were the like of some great sides in other sports

Rance obviously know the game. He can't proabley relate to a 19 year old African better than Choco as well
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2016, 12:39:50 PM »

Rance obviously know the game. He can't proabley relate to a 19 year old African better than Choco as well
I bet he can't. Choco has taught indigenous boys all his life. I think he would know a thing or two about communication. Just ask Dusty as well with his Maori background and his alternate lifestyle.

Bottom line, leave off field coaching to the off field coaches. If you want to on field coach, that's fine as a player but this wasn't the case here.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2016, 12:43:36 PM »

I bet he can't. Choco has taught indigenous boys all his life. I think he would know a thing or two about communication. Just ask Dusty as well with his Maori background and his alternate lifestyle.

Bottom line, leave off field coaching to the off field coaches. If you want to on field coach, that's fine as a player but this wasn't the case here.

What's the golden thread connecting  Africans and aboriginals?

They are both black?

Carful now  :shh

Do you think luke hodge has bee spoken to a player or coach whilst watching te reserves ?

Choco can fo. He is one of my favourite staff member but they are all in my bad books

Rance >
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2016, 12:57:30 PM »
With you Stalin, there may be an issue here and that was only the head of the pimple?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
With you Stalin, there may be an issue here and that was only the head of the pimple?

You worded that sentence in an interesting way hence i dont know what your saying . If its in regard to deeper underlying issues I dare say you are on the money ...

i dont necessarily believe everything i am typing just sticking up for the devil. Chol and Rance are hopefully the future of the club. The staff are a pack of morons. I know who i would side with

Rance obviously know the game. He can't probable relate to a 19 year old African better than Choco as well

can *

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2016, 01:09:57 PM »
Barrett is a stuffen turd burger that needs to stop spreading malicious rubbish
Also a tigers man, for the record.
he's Norf all the way. cracks the sad's on FC when ppl don't rate them despite his reputation for hammering every other Club given half a chance

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2016, 01:53:53 PM »
Rance is a legend

Footy is about passion. Nothing wrong with questioning people sometimes if you don't think something is right. It's not as if we aren't in a position where questions need to be asked.
Everyone is different mate. Some people live and breath AFL and some don't. He obviously loves the RFC but he also has other things in his life he has to be mindful of. His wife and family being one.
He got extended leave off the club because they decided he needed it for one reason or another and that's good enough for me. But questioning his passion because of it is a bit unfair IMO. He plays with more passion than anyone at our club. He is exactly the sort of person that all rules don't apply too, not because of his talents on the footy field but for how he lives his life. He has shown full respect for the clubs decision by coming back in great shape and working extra hard when he was back to catch up to the rest of the playing group.
Well how about this:
Rance got extended leave from the club therefore he should bear that in mind when criticizing the coaching staff.

Rance is suspended for a stupid act, he should bear that in mind when he criticizes someone else for what he sees as a stupid act.

Players are not untouchable and I feel as though this is being accepted as "passionate" because we are one and five and the coaching staff are being blamed for this.

And because it was Rance. Imagine it was Conca who told off Chocco :shh

Imagine this happened at Hawthorn. The coaches wouldn't tolerate it

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2016, 02:01:43 PM »
Rance is a legend

Well how about this:
Rance got extended leave from the club therefore he should bear that in mind when criticizing the coaching staff.

Rance is suspended for a stupid act, he should bear that in mind when he criticizes someone else for what he sees as a stupid act.

Players are not untouchable and I feel as though this is being accepted as "passionate" because we are one and five and the coaching staff are being blamed for this.

And because it was Rance. Imagine it was Conca who told off Chocco :shh

Imagine this happened at Hawthorn. The coaches wouldn't tolerate it

no doubt they would immediately delist mitchell or hodge

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2016, 02:09:50 PM »
The difference is rance is a  still young-ish all Australia, a spiritual leader (no pun intended) an AA footballer

. Conca is a bit of a plodder

If Michael Jordan or messi 'acted up' they be granted additional space too. I am not saying rance is at that level but he's Scott pippen / pique level
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 03:14:32 PM by Stalin »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2016, 02:34:48 PM »
Barrett is still on about it in his Sliding Doors column today:

IF ..... Alex Rance hadn't walked away from his blow-up with Choco Williams during the VFL match last weekend ...    

THEN ... we're not sure who would've been left standing. Both give the impression they can go if required.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-06/sliding-doors-round-seven-2016-afl

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »
Barrett moron

Choco fat cancer surviver

Rance resembles Hercules

Yeah... I wonder  ::)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »
Barrett is still on about it in his Sliding Doors column today:

IF ..... Alex Rance hadn't walked away from his blow-up with Choco Williams during the VFL match last weekend ...    

THEN ... we're not sure who would've been left standing. Both give the impression they can go if required.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-06/sliding-doors-round-seven-2016-afl

Why bother readin or listening to this rubbish :huh

Barrett moron

Choco fat cancer surviver

Rance resembles Hercules

Yeah... I wonder  ::)

That's not very nice, funnny as stuff though

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 03:12:16 PM »
He truth is often uncomfortable