Author Topic: Changes for next week vs Suns?  (Read 15067 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week vs Suns?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »
Lids is clearly underdone, as much as I love Dusty he can be a bit of a one trick pony in regards to his fend so close attention with the right tag and he is rushed with his disposal. Edwards is like a tap, hot or cold but is generally one or the other. Our forward line with poor quality 50 entries just doesn't have the x-factor to make something out of nothing, even the best forward lines would have issue with the type of ball coming in. Quite frankly the most glaring difference from last nights game is the quality of their experienced core group compared to ours. Ours constantly goes missing when it matters as if things are just too hard to try whereas theirs lifts when required and takes up any slack from the less experienced players.

A lack of main core genuine class experienced players has been a problem for the RFC since the the 80's and until we develop a group of elite leaders who are strong minded and play at the top of their game when it matters then i think these poor performances in the big games will continue to be an Achilles Heel for the club. Hardwick now has to come out and forget this delusional "we can still make finals" crap and openly declare that we are now building for the future and blooding some youth and giving some other more experienced players the chance to return to form in the VFL. If he doesn't then i think he loses any credibility if he hasn't already in the eyes of the majority of supporters.

This summation is just a rehash of a thousand comments spread over threads on this forum over a number of years. We can see it but for some reason the powers that be cant or just don't know how to approach a fix. Some may say as a result of last nights games this is an overreaction but its not just last nights game, its just symbolic of the issues that have plagued the club for the last 30 + years and will continue to plague the club unless something is done to rectify the problem.

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
Just goes to show most on here have no idea
How could anyway bag Grigg
Had a decent crack last night

Agree Grigg was the least of our problems last night

If Cotchin, according to some of the flogs around here, had "the worst/most useless 38 posession game ever" earlier in the year, then Grigg surely set the new benchmark in that regard last night....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2016, 12:01:35 PM »
Any guess as to what the weather will be like? Coming down for this game

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 12:24:56 PM »
Vlastuin was on Thomas because of losing Grimes. He did all the warm up with the mids so pan was for him to spend time there

Expect him to play next week. Failed the concussion test at half time so they couldn't send him back on. Hit to his head happened just be fore half time. As long he passess the test this week he'll play

Grimes hammy tightened up during final warmup. Considering the weather and how cold it was made sense to pull him out. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays against the Suns
Why wouldn't you put Morris on Thomas, or even Hunt and let Vlastuin play in the middle? Especially early when the game is to be won?

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 12:43:21 PM »
Surely Vlastuin doesn't miss with a little knock to the head?? Toughen up!
He continued to play after that, didn't he, and only came off after half time.

Clubs are very cautous when it comes to concussion these days - good chance he'll get given a week off.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 01:46:17 PM »
Any guess as to what the weather will be like? Coming down for this game

Better than the weather in QLD
☔️😉

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2016, 04:26:23 PM »
Vlastuin was on Thomas because of losing Grimes. He did all the warm up with the mids so pan was for him to spend time there

Expect him to play next week. Failed the concussion test at half time so they couldn't send him back on. Hit to his head happened just be fore half time. As long he passess the test this week he'll play

Grimes hammy tightened up during final warmup. Considering the weather and how cold it was made sense to pull him out. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays against the Suns
Why wouldn't you put Morris on Thomas, or even Hunt and let Vlastuin play in the middle? Especially early when the game is to be won?

Think Morris started on Sniper Harvey
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 10:37:42 PM »

How good was his non existent sheppard for Hunt that let Daw close him down and force the turnover

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »
On a serious note
Outs .Morris, Grimes , Vlaustin , Griffiths ( all inj ) Rioli , Batchelor  B.Ellis
Ins ..McBean , Short , Castanga, Broad , Townsend , Moore , Conca

Townsend AND Moore :gobdrop

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2016, 10:40:53 PM »

How good was his non existent sheppard for Hunt that let Daw close him down and force the turnover
He most probably assumed the ball would end up turned over anyway and cut his losses esrly
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:56:44 AM by WilliamPowell »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2016, 10:41:05 PM »

Not sure you caught channel 9 around 6 tonight (assuming you're from vic) but you should check out the recent story of Scott Simpson. Extreme case but shows how bad something "small" can get

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2016, 11:01:00 PM »

Not sure you caught channel 9 around 6 tonight (assuming you're from vic) but you should check out the recent story of Scott Simpson. Extreme case but shows how bad something "small" can get
Nar, didn't see it.
But sometimes small hits are just small hits. Nothing more, nothing less. There is worst case scenarios in everything but to me it didn't look like much the other night.
Let's just hope Vlastuin recovers well and if so,  he can play this week.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 11:09:21 PM »
Yep sometimes they are small, but hopefully the club do the right thing and rest him if it's needed. As I said, it was an extreme case but a quick run down is the lad knocked his head playing local footy (Peninsula league), went to hospital and got assessed and was discharged then they next day he threw up about 6 times and the (?)right side of his body went numb. Poor dude ended up with a stroke which they did a surgery to remove the clot and is still recovering his speech.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 11:19:49 PM »
Yep sometimes they are small, but hopefully the club do the right thing and rest him if it's needed. As I said, it was an extreme case but a quick run down is the lad knocked his head playing local footy (Peninsula league), went to hospital and got assessed and was discharged then they next day he threw up about 6 times and the (?)right side of his body went numb. Poor dude ended up with a stroke which they did a surgery to remove the clot and is still recovering his speech.
Yer not good.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 11:29:06 PM »
Then u have millions of people hit in the head that are fine
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus