Author Topic: Changes for next week vs Suns?  (Read 15045 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Changes for next week vs Suns?
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2016, 05:08:54 AM »
Forgotten man Reece Conca will return for his first game of the season against the Suns after he was “by far” Richmond’s best in his third-straight VFL performance.

Hardwick flagged “a couple of changes” with ACL victim Steve Morris sidelined for the season and the fitness of other players to be determined at Punt Rd training today.

Hardwick said ageing ruckman Ivan Maric would enter the selection frame should Ben Griffiths (ankle) not come up while Dylan Grimes (hamstring) and Nick Vlastuin (concussion) are also in doubt.

The Tigers belted the Suns by 83 points last year while Hardwick has never dropped a game to the Lions.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-still-has-faith-in-his-players-and-wont-give-up-on-finals/news-story/89f0bea2bc0b7010cfaae29ca41f57b1

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2016, 06:44:50 AM »
Maric over McBean when McBean has been playing better and he is supposedly the youth and future of the club....say no more.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2016, 06:57:25 AM »
Maric over McBean when McBean has been playing better and he is supposedly the youth and future of the club....say no more.

McBean "has been playing better" than Maric even though they are not playing the same position?

And after I watched I Sunday, McBean pulling out of a contest against a Coburg midget (ala Ellis B) at the 8 minute in the final qtr is good enough reason for McBean not to get a game. Forget that he can't take a contested mark to save himself or still refuse to impose himself on contests
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2016, 12:02:09 PM »

McBean "has been playing better" than Maric even though they are not playing the same position?

And after I watched I Sunday, McBean pulling out of a contest against a Coburg midget (ala Ellis B) at the 8 minute in the final qtr is good enough reason for McBean not to get a game. Forget that he can't take a contested mark to save himself or still refuse to impose himself on contests

This is the last year Maric should play. When do you think McBean will veer be given o go, or should we just delist him ala Dea? McBean has been playing consistent footy, he should be given a chance. Too many people look for reason NOT to give players a go, like you have done. Play him all year instead of Maric and then see what we have.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2016, 12:34:08 PM »
This is the last year Maric should play. When do you think McBean will veer be given o go, or should we just delist him ala Dea? McBean has been playing consistent footy, he should be given a chance. Too many people look for reason NOT to give players a go, like you have done. Play him all year instead of Maric and then see what we have.

I don't think he will be given a go based on how is playing -v- how they want him to play.

You say he is playing consistent footy at VFL level but with respect how would you know? You don't see him play week after week. Yes he does some good things for periods but I have never seen him produce the good things for a full game. He should be ripping up the VFL competition and he isn't. That's the reality

Also, the majority come on here and whack Ellis B (rightly I will add) for his pulling out of contest to avoid any chance of copping physical contact. Yet you are advocating we give a bloke who does the same thing in the VFL no less a go. Sunday wasn't the first time he has done that BTW. So IMHO you can't have it both ways

Again IMESHO right now he offers less a lot less than Mr Cameo Vickery and that's an indictment not only on our development of players but also on the player himself. McBean reminds me so much of Jayden Post in that he has all the tools to be at a minimum a solid to good AFL players but his inability to show the intensity, passion and commitment needed at contests is damning.

I would rather see Choi get a game before McBean simply because he has shown more in 7 weeks of VFL this season than McBean

Maric plays as a ruckman, McBean cannot play that position; again that's the reality. The only players he can really replace are Griffiths or Vickery and as I said IMESHO right now they both offer more

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2016, 01:10:07 PM »
Thats a very insightful post WP......especially for us interstaters who never get to see Mcbeans progress in the VFL.

How do you see this panning out  ?

Will Mcbean be moved on at the end of the year ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2016, 01:41:55 PM »
Thats a very insightful post WP......especially for us interstaters who never get to see Mcbeans progress in the VFL.

How do you see this panning out  ?

Will Mcbean be moved on at the end of the year ?

Right now I cannot see him playing AFL this year

As for what happens seasons end... tough decisions need to made about the list.

I see more upside in others now so i wouldn't be at all surprised if he gets moved on.

I actually find it ironic in a way. With certain players not making it; it is a drafting mistake a wasted pick.

For others; favourites for want of a better term like McBean it's not a bad / wasted draft choice its all about development and coaching.

If he does get flicked I will look on with interest to see which way people go with the blame game  ;D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2016, 01:47:19 PM »
Well let's see if he gets picked up by another club - at least 4 are interested....and all are having considerably better years than us and have better forward lines....but hey, tell us again how Chol had already gone past him after only two NAB Challenge appearances... :shh
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 02:03:04 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2016, 04:34:29 PM »
Well let's see if he gets picked up by another club - at least 4 are interested....and all are having considerably better years than us and have better forward lines....but hey, tell us again how Chol had already gone past him after only two NAB Challenge appearances... :shh

Regarding Choi I wasn't talking about just the NAB challenge games. I was talking about the VFL season thus far. If the club is thinking about promoting him which I believe they are, then what does that say about McBean in the "pecking" order?

Look if another club was to pick up McBean and he goes on and becomes a good player for said new club = great. Then lots of folks can bag the club some more. If he doesn't then what will that mean? Still the RFC's fault or does he need to take some responsibility?

But right now based on his output at VFL level this seasonI don't believe he will get a game this year

People bang on about Dea and how well he is going at Essendon but facts remain he was de-listed, did not get picked up by any other club either as de-listed FA, via the National, PSD or rookie drafts - which means no one wanted him. The only reason he is currently on an AFL list is because of the Essendon drug debacle. But kudos to him for making the most of his 2nd chance

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2016, 04:57:07 PM »
Conca for Morris play him across h/b
Elton for Chaplin that is if he is fit.
Menadue for Pea heart Ellis.
Chol Or McBean for Griffiths
C Moore for the other big pea heart in Vickery.
Grimes for Batchelor.

Would like to see a few more changes but we will be lucky to get three changes yet alone the 6 mentioned above.
The club has always been big on denial but sheesh they have their heads so far up each others backsides they have lost the way out.

You won't see those 6 changes because Chol and C Moore are rookies :lol
What is to stop the club promoting at least one of them for morris.  Promote Moore play McBean. its still  6 changes.
You can do this?
Promote rookies if someone gets a long term injury?
Wow!
Maybe Chol or Moore could play??

Oh wow so one of them can play, woah man that's close enough to both of them playing

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »

Sydney (a good team) took Morton, doesn't mean he was any good

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2016, 05:16:32 PM »
Er no WP - you were saying Chol had gone past McBean during the NAB Cup and before the VFL season had even started...in fact the VFL pre-season fixtures had barely even started when you said it.....don't back peddle with b.s.

Good enough to stand up in a grand final a make a crucial contribution to the win.....poor attitude but the bloke could play the game...and he did when it counted most of all.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2016, 05:23:00 PM »
RICHMOND skipper Trent Cotchin has missed training due to illness.

The Tigers are hopeful, however, he will be right to lead the team when it takes on Gold Coast at the MCG on Sunday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-09/richmond-star-mid-misses-training-with-illness

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2016, 05:35:52 PM »

Good enough to stand up in a grand final a make a crucial contribution to the win.....poor attitude but the bloke could play the game...and he did when it counted most of all.....

Lucky to get a game in the first place and did nothing 90% of the game. But I guess if you can hang your hat on 10 minutes worth of football then we have nothing to worry abour re: McBean and Vickery

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2016, 05:38:55 PM »
If only we could get a good 10 minutes out of our blokes in Elimination Finals when the match is on the line, let alone Grand Finals....

- Thomas Sowell