Author Topic: Changes for next week vs Suns?  (Read 15033 times)

Jackstar 1960

Re: Changes for next week vs Suns?
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2016, 08:24:09 AM »
we could watch a 3 hour long video of the amount of contests Vickery doesn't get to because he cant be stuffed.....
Has Vickery showed improvement from last year??????

No !!!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2016, 08:32:56 AM »
But you seriously don't think Chol has gone past McBean do you??

Yep I do

I think he offers much more upside right now and long term.

As I said that is in part an indictment on our development of players and the player himself.

I don't think McBean as shown any improvement of performance in the VFL this year. By now he should be showing he is far too good for that comp (a bit like Conca did on the weekend) and he hasn't. He seems to have become the VFL Cameo King

I wish I knew how to crop videos and post them as I'd love to show people the vision of him pulling out of the contest in the final qtr last week (exactly the same as what Ellis did in Tassie) and the thing I highlighted in the 3rd. But sadly I'm not that tech savvy.
So when you say " he offers much more upside" do mean on potential or actual results?

McBean has kicked bags of 4 and 5 from memory and is second or third in the comp for goals, also playing a lot further up the ground this year and in the ruck. 
He plays in a crap side and is basically our only decent forward most weeks. I'm not sure how much more a YOUNG KPF can do.

Chol is a fair way behind IMO if you look at actuall results rather than the highlights. But you had Chol in front of him after 2 preseason games so I'm tipping there is something more to your opinion.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2016, 11:45:04 AM »

So when you say " he offers much more upside" do mean on potential or actual results?

Potential mainly

Sorry  but I just don't see the same in McBean.

Domt see it a VFL level, didnt see it in his 2 AFL games

What I see in McBean is a the KPF equivalent of Jayden Post,  sadly.

Right now year on Year I havent seen any improvement in McBean in the areas he has been told he needs to improve

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2016, 12:31:12 PM »

Potential mainly

Sorry  but I just don't see the same in McBean.

Domt see it a VFL level, didnt see it in his 2 AFL games

What I see in McBean is a the KPF equivalent of Jayden Post,  sadly.

Right now year on Year I havent seen any improvement in McBean in the areas he has been told he needs to improve

Correct
Doesn't work hard enough
Going to be interesting when he is back playing back at Aberfeldie next year if he doesn't improve in next few weeks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2016, 01:11:03 PM »
TWO CHANGES LIKELY FOR TIGERS

Steven Morris (ruptured ACL) is out for the season for the Tigers, while Troy Chaplin has been dropped for Sunday's MCG meeting with Gold Coast. Any other Tiger changes on the horizon? Over to Nathan Schmook:

The Tigers have named their customary three tall forwards in Jack Riewoldt, Ben Griffiths and Ty Vickery, meaning one of those would have to be in doubt for Liam McBean to finally break in. He is in the mix given his impressive turn as a support ruckman in the VFL last weekend but looks likely to miss, with only two changes expected. Defender Dylan Grimes will come in for Chaplin, while midfielder Reece Conca is a confirmed starter for Morris. The three players likely to miss the cut on the bench are Connor Menadue, Jayden Short and McBean.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-06-10/late-mail-live-round-12

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2016, 02:45:23 PM »
Er no WP - you were saying Chol had gone past McBean during the NAB Cup and before the VFL season had even started...in fact the VFL pre-season fixtures had barely even started when you said it.....don't back peddle with b.s.

Well let's see if he gets picked up by another club - at least 4 are interested....and all are having considerably better years than us and have better forward lines....but hey, tell us again how Chol had already gone past him after only two NAB Challenge appearances... :shh

Sydney (a good team) took Morton, doesn't mean he was any good

Good enough to stand up in a grand final a make a crucial contribution to the win.....poor attitude but the bloke could play the game...and he did when it counted most of all.....

Totally agree with the remarks about Morton. He produced on the day that counts the most. When switched on he was a dangerous player but struggled with consistency.

Is that the type of player you want? Someone who just turns up when they feel like it

Ie most of our current list

Ah yes so you think we should continue the trend? Well I don't. I don't know about you but I'm stuffing sick of mediocrity

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2016, 02:45:50 PM »
I wish I knew how to crop videos and post them as I'd love to show people the vision of him pulling out of the contest in the final qtr last week (exactly the same as what Ellis did in Tassie) and the thing I highlighted in the 3rd. But sadly I'm not that tech savvy.

Should be quite easy on YouTube

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2016, 08:33:25 PM »

I don't recon it happened.  :shh
You know WP makes things up just to prove his point...or Dimma's point.
 :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2016, 08:36:41 PM »

Glad you think accusing someone of lying is soooooo funny  even in a lame attempt of jest >:(

It happened,

And if i knew how to crop a video id do it. Fact is i don't

As I  said it happened.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2016, 08:42:05 PM »

Glad you think accusing someome of lying is soooooo funny  >:(

It happened,

And if i knew how to crop a video id do it. Fact is i don't

As I  said it happened.
Only having a laugh WP.
It really doesn't matter...,