Author Topic: Saints closer to flag than Tigers: Waldron (SEN)  (Read 9450 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Saints closer to flag than Tigers: Waldron (SEN)
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
Lids hasn't been able to complete a pre-season for the last two years. I get the feeling that his body is starting to slow down.

I think we would be mad not to take a top 5 even top 10 pick if the offer was there.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »
Rance 27
Jack 28

Why not go the whole Hogg and get rid of them too?  By using the exact same thought process - best move for th long term future of the club.

Further more, I know people don't like lods playing back cause he is good at kicking goals, creatin them and these types of things. However he's a good defender. The idea of the following settin up play and "repelling attacks" while letting go of lids is a bit vomit inducing. Hunt. Bachelor. Morris. Houli. Chaplin....
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »
"I am closer to shagging Kate moss than than the tigers are to winning a flag" would of been a more interesting and more accurate.  The saints are still hopeless imho
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2016, 10:24:13 PM »
Saints just had their back sides handed to them by GC. They are no shoe in for the finals next year so while I understand his strategy it's not necessarily one that always works. Look at Sydney they never tank and they compete in finals every year.

tony_montana

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2016, 10:39:42 PM »
 saints have considerably better tall stocks imo - dont know much about their defence but they do have the coca cola kid to come back into the side

so their spine looks good for the future

KPF's - McCartin & Bruce, Membrey a handy 3rd tall
Rucks - Hickey and Longer (Hickey looks to be developing into a gun
KPD's - Carlisle and Goddard

Whats our spine look like?

Rance and jack 2 of the best in the league but after that we're screwed...  Thats why its so important for us to land Hurley and to go after a big strong KPF like Patton. Still leaves us horribly deficient in the ruck but one step at a time. Hopefully Vickery and griff can land us some decent draft picks in the second or 3rd round and maybe we can bundle up a few and land a big talent from GWS or GC?

I havent gone into the smalls talent vs ours, but why bother - when you look at our tall vs theirs its quite alarming - but thats what happens when you give spuds like Vickery and Griff 7-8 years or whatever it is - what a monumental waste of time that has been. We can still salvage something and bounce back much quicker than in years gone by bc we at least have a strong core from which to build around this time and our A graders all have time on their side (except maybe for deledio)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2016, 09:17:06 PM »
Talk on the radio today that McCartin might just have had to many concussions and he'll be out for the season and maybe for life .

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2016, 09:56:09 PM »
Talk on the radio today that McCartin might just have had to many concussions and he'll be out for the season and maybe for life .

He's got diabetes or something too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2017, 07:43:27 AM »
Bump  ;)

Saints closer to flag than Tigers: Waldron

Joshua Papanikolaou
SEN
28 Jun 2016

Brian Waldron believes that by making a bold move and trading multiple senior players in recent years St Kilda is now far closer to winning a premiership than Richmond.

After two heartbreaking Grand Final losses the Saints started to drop down the ladder and decided to cash in some of their quality veterans for draft picks.

“We need to take you to task too, on the 8th of June you said St Kilda is going nowhere,” said Waldron on SEN radio to the great Kevin Bartlett.

“Well I don’t agree with you and that’s okay, I think Richmond are treading water and St Kilda now I would argue that they are far closer to a premiership than Richmond.

“Because they took the hard step a number of years ago and bottomed out and have built on a base – whereas Richmond hasn’t bottomed out and I’d say St Kilda are certainly closer now.

“Richmond have only had a team capable of finishing ninth, eighth, seventh or sixth and losing a final.”

Bartlett stood by his comments on the Saints and insisted no team should ever consider trading away its best players to go for a complete rebuild.

“That was a conversation we had about people wanting to give up their best players to draft players,” he responded.

“I said would St Kilda be any worse off if they had Goddard and Dal Santo still playing for them?  Would they still be better off?  That’s what I said.

“At the moment they’re hoping they’ve got some light at the end of the tunnel but I still don’t believe that you give up your best players.

“People were talking about Richmond should give up Deledio or give away Jack Riewoldt.

“St Kilda may have recruited better than Richmond, picked better players at the draft, they may have we don’t know.”

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/06-16/saints-closer-to-flag-than-tigers-waldron#QJ4RjDepok2OBuki.97
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2017, 08:42:37 AM »
Isn't it sweet to take little trips down memory lane and see what people were saying about us even at the start of the season.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
We wernt smart enought to pick up the right players in the first place, whats going to change now?
Reckon we have the nucleus to pick up the pieces and that begins with the staff around the onfield stuff.
Desperate need for fresh ideas.
No need to go from scratch with the playing list, elsewhere well!
Who's a clever sausage then

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2017, 07:59:44 PM »
Great bump
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2019, 03:02:48 AM »
Bump  ;D.

We've won twice as many flags in the past 3 years than St Kilda has in their entire history  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2019, 08:00:27 AM »
Great bump

Great bump and where’s Waldron now?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2019, 09:28:54 AM »
Great bump

Great bump and where’s Waldron now?

Shares in a paper bag making company perhaps?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2019, 01:13:56 PM »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd