Author Topic: Board changes required  (Read 16532 times)

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Re: Board changes required
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 12:02:22 PM »
Wasn't that long ago Joe Russo challenged for a position on the board,at the time what he said made sense.

I hate to cost the club money but in the end it will be a cheap expense that will instil the fresh ideas we require to win a premiership,” said Russo, whose company Caydon is developing the Nylex site in nearby Cremorne.

“And that’s why I nominated before the closing time of 6pm yesterday because I want a premiership. I think we as members deserve a premiership given the loyalty we have shown.

“There are a few people who have been on the Richmond board for a very long time and it’s also a very one-dimensional board given the number of accountancy and legal backgrounds.

“I think a healthy board requires a mix of professional backgrounds, including people like me who come from an entrepreneurial business angle.”

Russo was at pains to highlight his challenge, which will be outlined online, would not become personal and that he believed the club was doing plenty right.

“I think the board has done well in many areas and that we have an excellent coach. But I also feel that to go to the next we require new energy.

“That starts at the top and I think a change at board level will help that process. I was aged nine when we won our last Premiership and that is just way too long.”

Property developer Joe Russo nominates for Richmond board
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 04:02:44 PM »
Dont forget his comments about Hardwick being a good coach/doing a good job
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 04:10:51 PM »
Dont forget his comments about Hardwick being a good coach/doing a good job
Was the only thing that was off that he said and considering the timing and the process involved probably needed to say it as to not rock the boat to much.
Everything else though is spot on and you just get the feeling he wasn't interested in being another YES man.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:40:42 PM by Raoul Duke »
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 11:11:45 PM »
Wasn't that long ago Joe Russo challenged for a position on the board,at the time what he said made sense.

I hate to cost the club money but in the end it will be a cheap expense that will instil the fresh ideas we require to win a premiership,” said Russo, whose company Caydon is developing the Nylex site in nearby Cremorne.

“And that’s why I nominated before the closing time of 6pm yesterday because I want a premiership. I think we as members deserve a premiership given the loyalty we have shown.

“There are a few people who have been on the Richmond board for a very long time and it’s also a very one-dimensional board given the number of accountancy and legal backgrounds.

“I think a healthy board requires a mix of professional backgrounds, including people like me who come from an entrepreneurial business angle.”

Russo was at pains to highlight his challenge, which will be outlined online, would not become personal and that he believed the club was doing plenty right.

“I think the board has done well in many areas and that we have an excellent coach. But I also feel that to go to the next we require new energy.

“That starts at the top and I think a change at board level will help that process. I was aged nine when we won our last Premiership and that is just way too long.”

Property developer Joe Russo nominates for Richmond board
Ah well said son. Some around here did argue for the two new incumbents to be appointed for exactly those reasons  or was that on other sites.It was only last year wasn't i??
The club influenced that vote as well.Boys looking after the boys.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 04:52:49 PM »
Did you vote Claw?

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 04:59:26 PM »
Did you vote Claw?

Only members can vote 😉

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 05:02:54 PM »
Would just like to say that compared to the Ramps threads of board revolution that this thread really sucks and is lame

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 05:46:41 PM »
Those that are after change can support Leon.

The unrest at Richmond is set to escalate with a long-time member launching a website to gain support for change at the very top.

www.richmondrollercoaster.com.au 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 06:42:32 PM »
The board as it exists, has sucked the life out of all things football and markets the club as nothing more than a brand in co-existence with their affiliated, political corporations, such as White Ribbon in this instance, all the while adhering to the adage, Stability in mediocrity, as they take their annual slice.

Long live Punt Road brothel.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 06:46:49 PM »
The board as it exists, has sucked the life out of all things football and markets the club as nothing more than a brand in co-existence with their affiliated, political corporations, such as White Ribbon in this instance, all the while adhering to the adage, Stability in mediocrity, as they take their annual slice.

Long live the punt road brothel, where the members are the prostitutes and we pay to get pounded.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 06:50:39 PM »
brothel

noun
a house where men visit prostitutes.
synonyms:   bordello, house of ill repute, house of prostitution; disorderly house; maison close; informalwhorehouse, cathouse, drum; informalknocking shop; informalcreep joint; informalcrib; euphemisticmassage parlour; archaicbawdy house, house of ill fame, bagnio, stew
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 06:51:53 PM »
 :gotigers
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 09:13:26 PM »

Sorry to break it to you but club has NO affiliation with White Ribbon.

Only charity they have a relationship with the Alannah & Madiline Foundation.and please don't bag them for that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 06:55:22 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2016, 11:41:57 PM »

The unrest at Richmond is set to escalate with a long-time member launching a website to gain support for change at the very top.

WTF is he actually doing?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 08:23:54 AM »

WTF is he actually doing?

Trying to gather support to initiate change to the board.  Could be gathering candidates to challenge.  Has indicated more will be revealed soon but needs people to register if they are not satisfied with the current board and want change.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?