Author Topic: Board changes required  (Read 16564 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Board changes required
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2016, 10:19:37 PM »
I've said this many times over the years

I have absolutely no problem with people running for the board; none

But....

I want at the barest minimum some plan, some vision of what they intend to bring.

I am not interested in people standing up and telling me what the problems are because guess what I know what the problems are. Blind Freddie can see them, we dont need to be told and repeating them to everyone isnt going to get you elected.

Every peron who has stood over the last 10 years have done the same thing, bleated about the problems but not offered one plan, one solution. That's why Russo failed last year, he offered no alternative, just pointed put what everyone already knew

Have to offer alot more than that

Understanding what the problems are is the first step to finding a solution.  The problem with the curent board is they don't understand that we have problems and continue on the same path.  They are deluded as any board with their finger on the pulse wouldn't have extended hardwick and would have made some pro active changes after our long list of EF losses instead of calling for stability and hoping things would approve.  Understanding and telling us that there are problems is a massive step up to what we are seeing atm.
Have you spoken to any of the current board members? How do you know they are oblivious to our problems? Take it from me, they do. It is their tardiness in fixing up the problem that is the issue. They are waiting till the end of the year before they act. What they're going to do, nobody yet knows. But to think think they have no idea of our problems says more about those who believe that than them.

DO we really need to speak to them. Actions speak louder than words ,or in our boards case  on so many things non actions.
Just read this forum and every other forum and you will see it is virtually the same things being talked about yr upon yr.
If the board has had an idea of what is going on then they certainly are guilty of delusion or worse sitting on their hands and doing nothing.
People talk as if what happening is a new thing it has been happening for years and not one person has put their hand yup to take responsibility.

spot on.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2016, 10:21:42 PM »
I've said this many times over the years

I have absolutely no problem with people running for the board; none

But....

I want at the barest minimum some plan, some vision of what they intend to bring.

I am not interested in people standing up and telling me what the problems are because guess what I know what the problems are. Blind Freddie can see them, we dont need to be told and repeating them to everyone isnt going to get you elected.

Every peron who has stood over the last 10 years have done the same thing, bleated about the problems but not offered one plan, one solution. That's why Russo failed last year, he offered no alternative, just pointed put what everyone already knew

Have to offer alot more than that

Understanding what the problems are is the first step to finding a solution.  The problem with the curent board is they don't understand that we have problems and continue on the same path.  They are deluded as any board with their finger on the pulse wouldn't have extended hardwick and would have made some pro active changes after our long list of EF losses instead of calling for stability and hoping things would approve.  Understanding and telling us that there are problems is a massive step up to what we are seeing atm.
Have you spoken to any of the current board members? How do you know they are oblivious to our problems? Take it from me, they do. It is their tardiness in fixing up the problem that is the issue. They are waiting till the end of the year before they act. What they're going to do, nobody yet knows. But to think think they have no idea of our problems says more about those who believe that than them.

DO we really need to speak to them. Actions speak louder than words ,or in our boards case  on so many things non actions.
Just read this forum and every other forum and you will see it is virtually the same things being talked about yr upon yr.
If the board has had an idea of what is going on then they certainly are guilty of delusion or worse sitting on their hands and doing nothing.
People talk as if what happening is a new thing it has been happening for years and not one person has put their hand yup to take responsibility.
Unfortunately for us, the relative "success" of making finals (but not winning any) made the board feel we were on the right track. They felt again, rightly or wrongly, that it was a personnel issue in the playing ranks that led us to our last unsuccessful assault. They were told that with a turnover of a few on the list and the promotion of some youngsters the paying group would hold firm this year with an improvement next year. Unfortunately they did not foresee injuries to Deledio and the complete non appearance of Yarran. With Grimes out again, Conca out again, an injury to McKintosh and no Yarran, their whole backline plans collapsed at the start of the season. Add glandular fever to Lennon and each player they had earmarked for running the ball out was unavailable.
So the board made the mistake of backing their coaching panel, which is not a mistake - it's their job. The mistake that was made was signing up Hardwick for a further 2 years which could have waited for the end of the season IMHO. At the most, he should only have been given 1 year.
The club is still reeling from comments made by Bomber Thompson when he rejected the job because he said he did not like how the club operated - i.e. sacking coaches continuously. We have now gone too far the other way. Way too far.
Tell someone who gives a stuff. At the end of the day they have shown they have no idea.They have shown they have no idea for how many years on end yet fools yr on yr  defend them.

If these guys were in charge of your super fund you would be ropeable yet because its footy your willing to forgive all and sundry.
I assume you do give a stuff as we all do here. If you didn't, you wouldn't waste your time posting.
As for the super, they've actually done a good job on the finances of the club in the last 10 years. So from a money point of view they haven't been that bad. On the ability to get the right team of coaches and players they have failed. The results speak for themselves.

they have done a good job because us idiots keep lining their pockets. All 70,000 of us.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »
The board are there to appoint and hold people to account and Gale Richardson and hardwick are on good money but have delivered little.  Claw is 100% correct and if only our board members were a fraction as ruthless then we might well be talking about our flag chances instead of the same poo we've been talking about all too often.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2016, 09:38:23 AM »
The board are there to appoint and hold people to account and Gale Richardson and hardwick are on good money but have delivered little.  Claw is 100% correct and if only our board members were a fraction as ruthless then we might well be talking about our flag chances instead of the same poo we've been talking about all too often.
We accept that the board have made errors. Some of this of course, is with the benefit of hindsight.

We have asked you several times now without an answer - what is the plan that this new group offer? We need specific acts to be explained. Anyone can say the current group are crap, we will deliver you a premiership by being more ruthless......
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2016, 09:58:44 AM »
Errors? Blunders would be more accurate.

The resigning of Hardwick for two seasons was a blunder but do we see anyone from the board taking responsibility?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2016, 10:26:20 AM »
Errors? Blunders would be more accurate.

The resigning of Hardwick for two seasons was a blunder but do we see anyone from the board taking responsibility?
You can call them what you wish, even the apocalypse!
Fact remains, we need to know what any new group are going to do to right the ship. For all we know they may be even worse and send us to oblivion. Without knowing their plan, how can any member make an informed decision?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.