Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 274106 times)

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1065 on: August 28, 2017, 10:00:55 AM »
If this bloke sticks to the current trajectory.....

We goin to Sizzler!

Foot skills on the improve. Another weeks rest.

Will be huge for us.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

dwaino

« Reply #1066 on: August 28, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »
Hopefully no injuries so he can get a full preseason and we get this from round 1 next year.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1067 on: August 28, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »
Not sure how much of it was skill vs fluke but that skidder goal tight on the boundary was great

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1068 on: September 09, 2017, 01:06:31 AM »
Did we go early on this bloke?

Maybe I did not sure about the rest of you. His last 2 games have been incredible
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1069 on: September 09, 2017, 01:14:58 AM »
 Really showed his value tonight.

If he can learn how to kick he could be elite.
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #1070 on: September 09, 2017, 02:19:13 AM »
So happy to see him now showi why he was so highly regarded. There's still plenty of improvement left in him too. Was close to best on.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1071 on: September 09, 2017, 02:30:08 AM »
Backed him all way the way. Knew the best was to come.  Stuff me the prelim will be interesting

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1072 on: September 09, 2017, 07:55:29 AM »
Worth every $

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #1073 on: September 09, 2017, 08:33:51 AM »
Not as flashy as Lids but way more effective for the team. Great trade :thumbsup
2 years into a 35 year plan

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1074 on: September 09, 2017, 08:54:16 AM »
Really showed his value tonight.

If he can learn how to kick he could be elite.

::)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1075 on: September 09, 2017, 10:19:33 AM »
Has delivered in spades when it counted . Meatball rocks .
Unleash the tornado

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1076 on: September 09, 2017, 09:44:19 PM »
He stood out for me last night.
Was in everything, even with a busted ankle. :thumbsup

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1077 on: September 09, 2017, 10:03:47 PM »
If this bloke sticks to the current trajectory.....

We goin to Sizzler!

Foot skills on the improve. Another weeks rest.

Will be huge for us.

I havent been to Sizzler in like 25 years  :chuck
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1078 on: September 09, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »
I thought he said Sziller for a minute.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1079 on: September 10, 2017, 02:56:24 AM »
Dion Prestia says Richmond has plenty of improvement, which is a scary prospect for rivals

GLENN McFARLANE,
Herald Sun
September 9, 2017

RICHMOND midfielder Dion Prestia has declared the Tigers have considerable improvement left in them ahead of Saturday week’s MCG preliminary final, saying that’s a “scary” prospect going forward.

While he is mindful the team still has a lot of work ahead of them, Prestia said the 51-point qualifying final victory over Geelong gave an indication of what they can collectively do when they play to their optimum level.

“It’s definitely not unexpected,” Prestia said of the belief and trust the players have in each other. “We know we can go to that level and playing like each week.”

“I think we are just improving every week, (and) that’s a scary thing.

“We knew we had this in us. We are over the moon with our list and with the VFL boys ... I feel like we are really on a good track and I am sure we can go to another level.”

The 24-year-old continued his outstanding form on Friday night, having 31 touches (with 18 contested), and only being marginally behind Dustin Martin in the Herald Sun’s votes. He was a wrecking ball in close and still had the presence of mind to find space when it mattered — nailing a goal at the end of the third term after edging his way forward.

He is thriving in his first year at Punt Rd, after a slower-than-expected start to the season, but his recruitment has been paying dividends for months now.

“I feel like I am coming into pretty good form at the moment,” he said. “I felt like I was still playing my role at the start of the year, and obviously some people weren’t happy about the way I was going.”

“But I was just able to get to know how we play and get to know the players better. Inside the club I was an important part of the group and it was just about getting the rewards for the hard work.”

The former Gold Coast player said it hadn’t really sunk in that he was now about to play in a preliminary final for the chance to go into what would be the club’s first premiership playoff in 35 years.

“We will take the next couple of days off and probably celebrate it, and really let it sink in,” he said. “But by the time next week comes around, it is all about going to the next stage.”

Prestia said the roar of the Tiger Army was something he had never experienced before. He said it had a significant impact on the players from the moment they ran out to take on the Cats.

“Even when we ran out before the game, it was pretty crazy,” he said with a smile. “Once the ball is bounced, it is just another game. But when we had it sealed in the last quarter, you sort of start to take it all in a bit. It was awesome.”

“We try to take every moment as it comes, and every contest as it comes. I think that is why we have able to withstand a couple of challengers. Geelong came at us pretty hard in the third quarter, and we were able to stand up to it and get the job done. The way we played was just so good.”

Prestia praised captain Trent Cotchin for his contribution to the team: “He is awesome. Whenever we need someone to stand up, he is the one. He cares about everyone as a person and as a footballer. He is an awesome captain.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/dion-prestia-says-richmond-has-plenty-of-improvement-which-is-a-scary-prospect-for-rivals/news-story/a5aa240d6a4dfe3bbf95fb6a6040fbdf