Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 274054 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2016, 12:42:32 PM »
Fearless prediction: We fail to land anyone of note again and the incumbents at the club then come out and blame "distabilising influences from outside the club" for putting off the players we targeted.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2016, 12:45:19 PM »
 :-*declare four days out from the end of trade week we won't be landing anyone of note (again)
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 01:07:58 PM »
Never fear,.....a fit Yarran &  "natural improvement" as players "take the next step", will see us catapult back into top 8 contention... :gotigers

- Gustav Mahler

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 01:08:26 PM »
Prestia and Collingwoods 1st rounder for Lids and Vickery thanks.
Go Tigers!

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2016, 02:24:33 PM »
Thrilled if we get Prestia...

for pick 4?
That's why I think they might trade next years first pick.

hmm, have heard next year is supposed to be a superdraft
The question will remain though - do we think we will rise up the ladder significantly next year?  If yes, then even if it's a super draft, pick 12 won't be better than pick 4. Depth is what separates drafts more than anything.

Thats my fear - I have little doubt internally we will think we will rise rapidly, reality though... :whistle

as stupid as it sounds I firmly believe we COULD HAVE done a quick cleanout and rebounded fast in a year or so IF we were able to get a Hurley and decent 1st ruck in, trade away some deadwood that still has currency and bounce back fast, but Hurley isnt happening, 1st rucks not looking likely and I doubt we will cut deep.

The more I think about it, the more I feel we just need to take the hard road for the next couple of years, cut deep and go hard in this years and next years drafts and then evaluate from there.
agree, we need to be realistic, can we compete next year with GWS for the Flag with stop gaps or do we need to step back, reload & have a decent crack in 3-4 yrs time? i reckon the latter is a better shot, the former is what Norf have tried & it's looking like it will backfire on them bigtime.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2016, 04:09:05 PM »

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2016, 05:02:03 PM »
Will be the biggest mistake they ever make. Has already done his knee previously & is a small mid around 175cm. Not sure on his weight but he be bordering approx 80kg.
RFC needs a taller mid 180cm at least & 87kg bulk to protect & destroy. We need a mid who can protect the Miles, Cotchin type. l tired of watching these small soft players

Meniscus tear, just an arthroscopic clean-up and that's it.

175cm and 82kg, very stocky for his height.

Not disputing that we need bigger mids though. I'd consider Barlow for 2-3 years while we draft/develop more.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2016, 08:15:35 PM »
hope we don't give up our first round pick  >:(

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2016, 08:30:03 PM »
Ben Ainsworth will be available at our pick so we need to keep this pick at all costs. 
We cant give this away for Prestia

Very good player is Ben  :thumbsup

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2016, 08:31:52 PM »
Stop talking crap. Kid is a gun and also never done his knee.

We need class and he has that.

Welcome Dion :clapping

If Prestia was such a gun player. How do you judge this  :huh  He has only played just over 20 games in the last 2 seasons.  :lol

crap talker watch the game

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2016, 08:48:46 PM »
30 goals in 90 games. Dont expect a goal kicking mid so he will fit right in.

At least he tackles though
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2016, 10:40:03 PM »
He’s a first-round selection: Pelchen

Ben Higgins
News Corp Australia
August 3, 2016

RESPECTED list manager Chris Pelchen has given an insight into what club’s might be prepared to give up for this year’s hottest trade targets.

This year’s trade period kicks off on October 10, a week after the AFL Grand Final, with some big names expected to move clubs.

Pelchen is best known for helping build the current Hawthorn list that has gone onto win three consecutive premierships.

Dion Prestia is arguably the biggest name on the trade table this year with Richmond and Melbourne fighting for his services.

“In terms of a trade, well obviously he’s a player returning home, and he’s highly rated by Gold Coast there’s no doubt about that – I know the guys there still rate him highly,” he told SEN Radio.

“So he’s a first-round selection, he’s a player with immense talent and he’s actually what Richmond do need.

“They need to provide some more support to Dustin Martin and he’s the perfect player to do that, he is, he is a first-round selection yes.”

Fellow Sun, O’Meara is expected to remain at Metricon Stadium should Prestia depart but will still command plenty of attention during the trade period.

The injury-cursed midfielder returned from a long-term knee injury in the NEAFL last month but Pelchen said his talent was too hard to ignore.

“I’ve had several recruiting and list managers talking to me about that in the last month and again based on his potential when he was drafted in both character and performance he was outstanding,” he said.

“Injury problems are something you can’t ignore ... clubs will value Jaeger very differently, if he’s able to overcome injury he’s definitely worth even more than a stand-alone first-round selection.

“The problem is the same that clubs had with Selwood in the draft ... we were one at Hawthorn that bypassed Joel because of injury ... someone will ultimately take the chance on him if Gold Coast release him.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/chris-pelchen-reveals-what-big-name-trade-targets-could-be-worth-in-afl-trade-period/news-story/102dc7365eeed93e3256ac56415174be

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2016, 11:22:20 PM »
There is no way in hell you would give away pick 5 for Prestia, surely!
I have no problem if he nominates Tigerland as his club of choice but a trade of players would have to get it done IMO.
When I hear the club talking about landing a big fish with all this money we are supposed to have, I would hope it's for a free agent. Spend more than a player is probably worth (HURLEY FFS) money wise but get him for free in terms of picks or trades.
WE MUST KEEP OUR FIRST PICK NO MATTER WHAT!!

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2016, 11:36:54 PM »
There is no way in hell you would give away pick 5 for Prestia, surely!
I have no problem if he nominates Tigerland as his club of choice but a trade of players would have to get it done IMO.
When I hear the club talking about landing a big fish with all this money we are supposed to have, I would hope it's for a free agent. Spend more than a player is probably worth (HURLEY FFS) money wise but get him for free in terms of picks or trades.
WE MUST KEEP OUR FIRST PICK NO MATTER WHAT!!

Disagree. I think your first rounder should always be on the table.

Regarding Prestia, I think pick five is approaching the mark. Id be upset with losing it, but if we bring in a few late first rounders (Vickery/Lids/Ellis) I think it might be the right move. Just my opinion.