Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt is disgruntled and may want out: Watson/ Jack says that's rubbish!  (Read 10870 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt is disgruntled at Tigerland and may want out: Watson
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2016, 10:29:56 PM »
All rubbish stories. All rubbish reporters.  ;D
You hope and so do I but.....

Look l would care less if he left anyway cause he is no outstanding champion FF & not breaking any records.
l reckon Deledio would kick more goals as a permanent FF

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 10:32:57 PM »
We trading him too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 10:34:32 PM »
Bet they don't  ;D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2016, 10:51:03 PM »
Jack to GWS for Patton & Lobb :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 06:34:46 AM »
Jack to Hawthorn for Clarko and Buckenara

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 07:00:03 AM »
Would be a disaster if he left. He is a very good player. To prevent a walkout of players from this club the coach needs to go.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2016, 08:15:35 AM »
trade!!!! we have paper mache and hopefully ty signs on the dotted line  :birthday
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2016, 10:38:12 AM »
The media feeding off the wounded club trying to complete the take down so they can dance on the carcass.

Vultures

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2016, 11:00:59 AM »
The point is that Jack would be better off somewhere else.
If you give any thought to the idea that Lids would be better off going elsewhere to gain some late measure of success then it is even more true for Jack.
At his age and with his recent injuries it really is doubtful whether Lids is that attractive an option for a contender, but Jack.....

When Hardwick arrived he saw Jack as a flanker rather than a key forward.
He then used Jack away from the goals and gave the FF spot to Vickery.
Jack has made some comments indicating he is unhappy with the game plan and coaching. Comments he has had to then rationalise to avoid criticising Hardwick.
Even though it is obvious he wants to be in the leadership group he is left out.

Lids has only got one, maybe two, good years left. He has given good service to Richmond and will not see any further success over the next couple of years under Hardwick's coaching.
The same is true for Jack. He has maybe two good years left and under Hardwick's plan will have little influence over that time.
If Jack were to go to a contender then he would have a couple of years to win a premiership.

I was talking to some Essendon fans at that game a month or so ago and was saying that Jack is one of the best forwards going around. They were sceptical of course but I used the case of Hawthorn. I said that if Jack were at the Hawks he would be getting the ball delivered down his throat from players like Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne and Cyril Rioli. They admitted he would be almost unstoppable under that case.

If we are to keep Hardwick as is expected then Jack would be better off at a contender like Hawthorn or even Geelong.

The other thing that was mentioned was Darcy saying on Talking Footy that it was a done deal for Vickery to go to Hawthorn. I find this mind-boggling. While I admit that Vickery under Clarkson's coaching may become the dominant player we all hoped for, I would have to say that given a choice, Jack is such a better choice than Ty for the Hawks. There's no effort involved with Jack - stick him at full forward and let their mids deliver. He'd do the rest. His goal kicking would go back to its best with less running up field.

The have lost Buddy and Roughy over the last couple of years and have lately shown they are really short of key forwards. They have plenty of money since Buddy (and Roughy) left so that's not a problem. The weird thing is that Ty and Jack would both cost about the same. Ty would be more expensive since he's a free agent looking for a better pay packet but Jack would be looking for success rather than money. The weird thing is that if Jack does go to Hawthorn then we will probably overpay to keep Ty as a last resort. I seriously doubt whether Jack would go to the Hawks if they also took Ty. Same problems that he has at Richmond.

If we keep Hardwick then let Jack go. But if that's your thinking then Rance has got to be the next one. The best key defender in the comp who has voiced the same concerns as Jack about the coaching. Strangely enough it is the Hawks who again would be the perfect fit for Alex. They really need that key defender since Lake left.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 11:54:55 AM »
All rubbish stories. All rubbish reporters.  ;D
You hope and so do I but.....

Look l would care less if he left anyway cause he is no outstanding champion FF & not breaking any records.
l reckon Deledio would kick more goals as a permanent FF

Spot on, mate.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »
The point is that Jack would be better off somewhere else.
If you give any thought to the idea that Lids would be better off going elsewhere to gain some late measure of success then it is even more true for Jack.
At his age and with his recent injuries it really is doubtful whether Lids is that attractive an option for a contender, but Jack.....

When Hardwick arrived he saw Jack as a flanker rather than a key forward.
He then used Jack away from the goals and gave the FF spot to Vickery.
Jack has made some comments indicating he is unhappy with the game plan and coaching. Comments he has had to then rationalise to avoid criticising Hardwick.
Even though it is obvious he wants to be in the leadership group he is left out.

Lids has only got one, maybe two, good years left. He has given good service to Richmond and will not see any further success over the next couple of years under Hardwick's coaching.
The same is true for Jack. He has maybe two good years left and under Hardwick's plan will have little influence over that time.
If Jack were to go to a contender then he would have a couple of years to win a premiership.

I was talking to some Essendon fans at that game a month or so ago and was saying that Jack is one of the best forwards going around. They were sceptical of course but I used the case of Hawthorn. I said that if Jack were at the Hawks he would be getting the ball delivered down his throat from players like Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Burgoyne and Cyril Rioli. They admitted he would be almost unstoppable under that case.

If we are to keep Hardwick as is expected then Jack would be better off at a contender like Hawthorn or even Geelong.

The other thing that was mentioned was Darcy saying on Talking Footy that it was a done deal for Vickery to go to Hawthorn. I find this mind-boggling. While I admit that Vickery under Clarkson's coaching may become the dominant player we all hoped for, I would have to say that given a choice, Jack is such a better choice than Ty for the Hawks. There's no effort involved with Jack - stick him at full forward and let their mids deliver. He'd do the rest. His goal kicking would go back to its best with less running up field.

The have lost Buddy and Roughy over the last couple of years and have lately shown they are really short of key forwards. They have plenty of money since Buddy (and Roughy) left so that's not a problem. The weird thing is that Ty and Jack would both cost about the same. Ty would be more expensive since he's a free agent looking for a better pay packet but Jack would be looking for success rather than money. The weird thing is that if Jack does go to Hawthorn then we will probably overpay to keep Ty as a last resort. I seriously doubt whether Jack would go to the Hawks if they also took Ty. Same problems that he has at Richmond.

If we keep Hardwick then let Jack go. But if that's your thinking then Rance has got to be the next one. The best key defender in the comp who has voiced the same concerns as Jack about the coaching. Strangely enough it is the Hawks who again would be the perfect fit for Alex. They really need that key defender since Lake left.

:lol :lol :lol
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 03:09:26 PM »
We are truly stuffed if Jack goes. No ifs or buts. Our forward line would consist of Vickery (most likely gone), Griff, McBean, Moore, Elton and Chol if they push him forward again. We'll be an absolute basket case and will expose (if it's possible to be even more exposed) how truly awful our set up and F50 entries are

"This is a man who is not in the leadership group and has strangely been snubbed from it for the past couple of seasons for reasons I still don’t understand.

Stuff me these journos. One minute they're all over Jack citing poor body language, demonstrative, egotistical etc. and the next they claim they "don't understand" why he's not in the leadership group. They try and have it every which way

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 03:53:11 PM »
If Jack & Rance both say "either the coach goes or we do", Halfstep will be cleaning out his desk within half an hour....would probably only take one of them to say it....

- Gustav Mahler

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 03:59:50 PM »
If Jack & Rance both say "either the coach goes or we do", Halfstep will be cleaning out his desk within half an hour....would probably only take one them to say it....

And that would be a great comprimise.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 04:07:08 PM »
We can only hope.....

- Gustav Mahler