Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt is disgruntled and may want out: Watson/ Jack says that's rubbish!  (Read 10863 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jack Riewoldt is disgruntled at Tigerland and may want out: Watson
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 08:27:41 PM »
We are truly stuffed if Jack goes. No ifs or buts. Our forward line would consist of Vickery (most likely gone), Griff, McBean, Moore, Elton and Chol if they push him forward again. We'll be an absolute basket case and will expose (if it's possible to be even more exposed) how truly awful our set up and F50 entries are

"This is a man who is not in the leadership group and has strangely been snubbed from it for the past couple of seasons for reasons I still don’t understand.

Stuff me these journos. One minute they're all over Jack citing poor body language, demonstrative, egotistical etc. and the next they claim they "don't understand" why he's not in the leadership group. They try and have it every which way
Let's be honest, it wouldn't matter who we had in our forward line, our slow poo footy kills any lope anyone would have of kicking a winning score. The problem isn't Jack....
Harfwit has put this club back 5 year IMO
We are a pussy club

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 08:29:08 PM »
Jack just shot this rumour down on 360 & called Barrett out as a bullshitter

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 08:34:01 PM »
 :clapping will never leave and it was a great response.....now for the real stuff Saturday night. Love Jack and is a ripping fella!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 08:54:53 PM »
Grigg, Houli, Hunt,  all been playing like they want out too
Go Tigers!

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 09:05:37 PM »
No. Unfortunately that's the way they play when they want to win….. :banghead :banghead :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2016, 09:25:17 PM »

:pray :pray :pray
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 09:31:57 PM »
We are truly stuffed if Jack goes. No ifs or buts. Our forward line would consist of Vickery (most likely gone), Griff, McBean, Moore, Elton and Chol if they push him forward again. We'll be an absolute basket case and will expose (if it's possible to be even more exposed) how truly awful our set up and F50 entries are

"This is a man who is not in the leadership group and has strangely been snubbed from it for the past couple of seasons for reasons I still don’t understand.

Stuff me these journos. One minute they're all over Jack citing poor body language, demonstrative, egotistical etc. and the next they claim they "don't understand" why he's not in the leadership group. They try and have it every which way
Let's be honest, it wouldn't matter who we had in our forward line, our slow poo footy kills any lope anyone would have of kicking a winning score. The problem isn't Jack....
We are a pussy club
Agree BT.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2016, 12:48:07 AM »
Riewoldt is going nowhere: Ox

John Takemura
SEN
23 Aug 2016, 08:23AM

Talk surrounding the future of Jack Riewoldt at Richmond is absolute nonsense, according to David Schwarz.

It was suggested last night on Footy Classified that Riewoldt who is contracted until the end of 2019 could be put up for trade at the end of the year, while other commentators have criticised what they see as poor body language.

Schwarz sees it a case of the silly season well underway with plenty of rumour and innuendo, just like what has been playing out with Nat Fyfe’s contract talks at Fremantle.   

“Just remember this is the time of silly season, this is the time where rumours and innuendo will circulate,” he told SEN Breakfast.

“The Nat Fyfe story has gone around already, that’s one. This is another one.

“Jack Riewoldt isn’t going anywhere.

“From my understanding of the Richmond Football Club if they lost Jack Riewoldt because they thought they could do a better trade or get better players in, well the club deserves to be where they are at.”

He says Riewoldt exemplifies what Richmond hopes to create and declared them major losers at the trade table if they decided to move him on.

“Jack Riewoldt whether you like him or not is one player that wears the heart on his sleeve, he embodies what trying is trying to create, which is passion and emotion,” said Schwarz.

“He’s a damn fine player and won Coleman Medals.

“If Richmond trade him out, unless they get two first-rounders or a Nat Fyfe they’ve lost on the deal big time.

“I reckon it’s a rubbish story.”

Tim Watson agrees with Schwarz and says the only way Riewoldt would leave is if he told the club he was disillusioned with what is happening around him.

“Where he’s at with that deal…if he’s contracted until the end of 2019, to get out of that contract he has to say to Richmond there’s no way I want to play here,” he said.

“I’m so disenfranchised with the football club, it’s over.

“Then they (Richmond) have to find a club that satisfies their needs and wants.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/08-16/riewoldt-is-going-nowhere-ox#QKTEWzEMTbyGzfqT.97

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jack Riewoldt has hit back at critics calling for his head to roll (Fox)
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2016, 01:21:36 AM »
Jack just shot this rumour down on 360 & called Barrett out as a rubbishter

Jack Riewoldt has hit back at critics calling for his head to roll at Richmond

Sarah Olle
Foxsports
24 August 2016

JACK Riewoldt has refuted claims he should be traded from Richmond, vehemently denying claims he has caused trouble at Punt Road.

“It’s a complete fabrication and it’s frustrating, but it’s irresponsible by the people saying it as well,” he told Fox Footy’s AFL 360.

“I’ve got three years left to go on my contract. I spoke probably three weeks ago about what loyalty and success meant to me and I was pretty stern down the loyalty path.

“I’m disappointed that people are making that conversation about me. I think I’d probably say after last week’s performance — which was probably my worst game in the last three years — I was pretty disappointed with the way I played.

“At the moment, it’s just clickbait and unfortunately I think we’ve seen journalism go down the side where back in the good old days ... they were actually just reporting the story, rather than to light the fire under it to see if there was any smoke there.

“You take it with a grain of salt and just move on. As far as I’m concerned it’s yellow and black all the way.”

While Riewoldt isn’t in the leadership group at Richmond, he said he still performed a valuable leadership role at the club, where he has played 201 games since debuting in 2007.

Initially awkward in front of the media, the 27-year-old said he’d worked hard to transform himself into one of the Tigers’ key spokesmen.

“I still have a really important role to play in the direction of the group,” he said.

“I’ve really changed a lot of things in terms of my leadership over the past three years. I’ve been involved with the younger guys and being out of the leadership group has actually allowed me to develop and have better relationships with the younger guys coming through.

“It’s really enhanced my view on where we can get back to pretty quickly. Spending time with guys like Daniel Rioli, Oleg Markov — I do trade school with nine other young guys at the footy club — the experiences I’m having with them that I may not have had in previous years have certainly bonded my relationships down there.

“As far as I’m concerned, as far as my teammates are concerned, I’m an integral part of the football club going forward.”

Riewoldt said despite the disappointing season, he was buoyed by the emergence of a number of young kids, who now had ten or more games to their name.

Rioli was awarded this week’s Rising Star nomination, capping off a solid debut season, where he has kicked two goals on five occasions, while Markov, Corey Ellis and Connor Menadue are all 20 years or younger.

Riewoldt said the Tigers’ last home and away game against Sydney would leave them in good stead over the summer.

“There may not be points to play with, but there’s certainly experience for our younger guys.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/jack-riewoldt-has-hit-back-at-critics-calling-for-his-head-to-roll-at-richmond/news-story/db214bcf7ae201468858aa1fac8494af

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Riewoldt wants to remain a Tiger (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2016, 01:22:44 AM »
Riewoldt wants to remain a Tiger

Herald Sun
24 August 2016

RICHMOND forward Jack Riewoldt says he has no interest in leaving the Tigers this off-season.

Having missed finals this year the Tigers are set to undergo a rebuild in the off-season.

Riewoldt would command a high price on the trade market however, he insists he wants to stay at Richmond and help return the club to finals.

“As far as I’m concerned, I’ve got three years left to go on my contract,” he said.

“I spoke two weeks ago … about loyalty and success and what it meant to me. I was pretty stern down the loyalty path.

“I’m disappointed that people are making that conversation about me. I probably think it is after last week’s performance which was probably my worst game for the last three years. I was pretty disappointed with the way I played.”

Riewoldt also dismissed suggestions he was a negative influence on the Richmond playing group.

Despite not being in the club’s leadership group, Riewoldt said he had worked hard to build bonds with the Tigers’ young players.

“As far as I’m concerned and my teammates are concerned … I see myself as an integral part of the football club going forward. I think a lot of the other senior players and junior players see me there as well,” he said on Fox Footy.

“I’m not in the official leadership group but I still have a really important role to play in the direction of the group. I’ve really changed a lot of things in terms of my leadership qualities in the last three years.

“Being out of the leadership group has actually allowed me to develop and have better relationships with the younger guys coming through.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-forward-jack-riewoldt-says-he-has-no-interest-in-leaving-the-tigers/news-story/3f07410e188984e9f31e996af110929e

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Hardwick's game plan is the problem. Slow ball movement into the forward line means an inability to kick large scores and puts enormous and unwarranted pressure on a player like Jack.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2016, 08:40:36 AM »
If Jack & Rance both say "either the coach goes or we do", Halfstep will be cleaning out his desk within half an hour....would probably only take one of them to say it....

Well it was the players who got rid of Wallace in the end.  This board is averse to sacking coaches and would rather sit and hope.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2016, 01:37:13 PM »

We are a pussy club

Kind of my point (hence why I said it'll show how truly awful our set up and F50 entries are). You can see how bad the entries are now, can you imagine if we didn't have a player like Jack to kick it to who demands a few opponents at once? We'd be stuff

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2016, 03:26:01 PM »
All rubbish stories. All rubbish reporters.  ;D
You hope and so do I but.....

As l said above please read it out aloud again. Remember it.  :lol

Jackstar 1960

I thought this story was complete rubbish
Just found out there is some substance in this
Interesting times ahead