Author Topic: 3 assistants gone - Choco, Mellor & Smith [updated]  (Read 9256 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: 3 assistants gone - Choco, Mellor & Smith [updated]
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »
If these duds can't be sacked outright then they had insurance clauses in their contracts to the betterment of their own well being.

More inept admin from a board of Lawyers.

LMAO U stuffn morons.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
'It was a bit awkward': Mark Williams surprised by Tigers sacking (afl site)
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2016, 06:30:41 PM »
'It was a bit awkward': Mark Williams surprised by Tigers sacking

afl.com.au
September 16, 2016

FORMER Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams is surprised he wasn't offered a contract by the club for the 2017 season.

Williams was one of three support staff let go by the Tigers at the end of the season, ending a four-year tenure as head development coach.

"That was their decision, it was a bit tough," he told SEN radio on Friday morning.

"Based on my role and what I had done, I thought that I had done a pretty good job. And they all said that."

The 2004 premiership-winning Port Adelaide coach was told his contract would not be renewed during a telephone conversation with the Tigers' football manager while he was interstate for a funeral.

"It was a bit awkward," he said.

"I had a previous meeting where it was indicated I might have to take a pay cut and maybe a change of role. But it didn't eventuate that way."

Williams says he has spoken to several AFL clubs, but was struggling to lock in a position for next season with a cap on football department spending.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-16/it-was-a-bit-awkward-mark-williams-surprised-by-tigers-sacking

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2016, 07:21:49 PM »
Never got a contract because of conflict  ;D

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »
I have no problem with him being given the arse, but over the phone!! He deserved better than that. This club is just poo at the moment! It's been the worst year all round that I can remember. One poo call after another.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2016, 08:41:57 PM »
Lets burn our memberships