Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120064 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Board Spill?
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2016, 03:44:30 PM »
WP the point you have taken out of my post was one of a few relating to "poor and decreasing communication".
Judging by your reply you agree.

Should the club disclose the actual FTF amount each year in the financials? Again have said many times yes they should, without question.

Yes we dont get great detail, though if  you get the full financials as opposed to the concise ones you get greater information/detail but as it stands the club are doing what they required to do legally and uless the law changes it wont be changing unless they choose to. 

Finally,  can I add that if I had any say in it I would change immediately because I  reckon we deserve more detail

Yes, we deserve more detail.
To restate, "poor and decreasing communications".

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2016, 03:47:45 PM »

If you look at our financials there is minimal detail on our receipts.  They are grouped in 2 main categories- football and sponsorship/marketing.  It is unclear how much revenue is membership, gate, merchandise, afl funding, sponsorship etc.  Other clubs provide this level of detail so you can clearly see how they are doing in terms of non supporter dependant income.

Harry I've just made a comment about this

I understand the frustration but legally they don't have to do any more.

And FWIW we are not the only club that takes this approach.

I've looked at Hawthorns Collingwoods and Norths and they provide much more detail regarding receipts.  Why would we not provide the members this level of detail also? 

Where can you get the full financials from?  Are they available to all members? 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2016, 04:32:48 PM »
WP the point you have taken out of my post was one of a few relating to "poor and decreasing communication".
Judging by your reply you agree.

Should the club disclose the actual FTF amount each year in the financials? Again have said many times yes they should, without question.

Yes we dont get great detail, though if  you get the full financials as opposed to the concise ones you get greater information/detail but as it stands the club are doing what they required to do legally and uless the law changes it wont be changing unless they choose to. 

Finally,  can I add that if I had any say in it I would change immediately because I  reckon we deserve more detail

Yes, we deserve more detail.
To restate, "poor and decreasing communications".

I do agree

But you referred to "muddling" the financials. Are you suggesting the lack of detail is the cause of this or are suggesting the numbers are being presented in a way to hide something

I've looked at Hawthorns Collingwoods and Norths and they provide much more detail regarding receipts.  Why would we not provide the members this level of detail also? 

Where can you get the full financials from?  Are they available to all members? 

I look at every clubs (sad I know but I am an accountant  ;D) and trust me there are some worse in the detail stakes than ours

And yes all members can request a copy of the full financials, just need to contact them and ask

And before anyone ask; tney are only required under the law to make available publicly the concise financial. Full financials statements have to be requested. Nothing under handed here
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2016, 04:35:18 PM »
So many experts....
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2016, 04:40:22 PM »
A little bird just told me that Harry is...Hiscock!  Hiscock is Harry...Harry Hiscock confess!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2016, 04:55:45 PM »

I do agree

But you referred to "muddling" the financials. Are you suggesting the lack of detail is the cause of this or are suggesting the numbers are being presented in a way to hide something

Just checked the definition of "muddling". Bring into a disordered or confusing state.
I'd say I agree with that.

IMO the accounts are presented in a way that makes it difficult to separate out different revenue streams to understand them.
You say that the FTF amount should be disclosed.
I would have thought that bringing all revenue streams together in a lump sum, noting that they start out as separate accounts, brings them to a disordered or confusing state.
To me that's a lack of detail.
"Presented to hide something". Probably yes, our reliance on funds such as the FTF to generate profits.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2016, 05:24:17 PM »

I do agree

Just checked the definition of "muddling". Bring into a disordered or confusing state.
I'd say I agree with that.

IMO the accounts are presented in a way that makes it difficult to separate out different revenue streams to understand them.
You say that the FTF amount should be disclosed.
I would have thought that bringing all revenue streams together in a lump sum, noting that they start out as separate accounts, brings them to a disordered or confusing state.
To me that's a lack of detail.
"Presented to hide something". Probably yes, our reliance on funds such as the FTF to generate profits.

Correct.  The numbers don't add up.  How can football revenue be 14m (memberships gate afl funding) and sponsorship / marketing be 26m?  Are they disclosing membership as marketing?  Seems there's some "muddling" going on.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2016, 06:51:58 PM »
A little bird just told me that Harry is...Hiscock!  Hiscock is Harry...Harry Hiscock confess!

Nah I'm Phil.  Lucky Phil.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2016, 06:56:36 PM »
can you present everything broken down to its own category and still be concise,
or would that then be the full financials?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2016, 07:01:23 PM »
Has anyone actually asked to see the full financials? :huh
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:16:41 PM by YellowandBlackBlood »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2016, 07:03:18 PM »
 :lol
I take it that is a rhetorical question?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2016, 07:13:21 PM »
I know Dr Hiscock.
Good cardiologist. Nice bloke.

maybe he can give a few of them weak players down there a stronger heart  :snidegrin

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2016, 07:16:49 PM »
So whats happening in Tigerland today. maybe l should just skip this topic seen it ain't going to go anywhere  :lol
These jokers go on tv & bla bla & never even approach some they want in their crew. What a Motley Crew  :snidegrin

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2016, 07:18:25 PM »
I know Dr Hiscock.

maybe he can give a few of them weak players down there a stronger heart  :snidegrin
Works with Ron Dick at Epworth. Dick and Hiscock. Yep, that's right! :snidegrin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2016, 07:22:35 PM »
I know Dr Hiscock.

Works with Ron Dick at Epworth. Dick and Hiscock. Yep, that's right! :snidegrin

l bet they both been to Bangkok  :snidegrin