Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120128 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Board Spill? / Rebel group now wants to pay out and sack Hardwick [update]
« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2016, 06:17:38 PM »
Francis 'the flog' Leach he will now be referred to as. Obviously forgot his med's this morning

So Leach is a flog for asking some tough questions that some of us want answered?

No he's a flog for getting hysterical and not giving the the Doc a chance to answer a question before being attacked. Anyone can conduct an interview like that. He is meant to be professional not carry on like a tool.

Disagree

I'd attack to if you are flip floppijg on every answer like he did

How hard is to answer what the KPIs are going to be?

He couldn't, went as far as to say it wasnt up to him but at the same time reckons his group should have a say in the style of footy the team plays. Then says that it won't be about wins or losses,  it will be about a  number of things, including close losses.

Says they support Hardwick but in the next breath says we don't have a game plan. Well which is it exactly?

Did penny and gale get the same questions ?

Didn't the alternate board ready say hardwick would get sack if he loses x amount games?

What other key performance indicators do you want. Corralling stats? Largely a load of fluff
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #301 on: September 20, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »

Didn't the alternate board ready say hardwick would get sack if he loses x amount games?

What other key performance indicators do you want. Corralling stats? Largely a load of fluff

Did you hear the interview?

No they didn't.

He was asked was it about wins & losses? His answer was yes, then no, then said it would be up to Neil  Balme to set the KPIs with the input of Wood & Monteath.

He was then asked well what happens if depsite the win /losses Balme back Hardwick as the man to coach the club what happens then?

His reply was Hardwick will be judged on the KPIs set. He was asked again to exaplin what they would be.  He then waffled on about it may not be about wins & losses and that we may be 2-8 but if the sode is playing a good brand of footy and had lost say 4 games by less than a kick then Hardwick would stay.

So no he didn't answer anything just embarrassed there group further. Amateur hour yet again
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers face down challengers (Age)
« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2016, 07:57:22 PM »
Tigers face down challengers

Michael Gleeson
The Age
20th September 2016

Richmond's board is likely to face down the rebel ticket and its "olive branch" offer to abandon a push for a spill of the board if they can just secure a couple of seats instead.

Tigers president Peggy O'Neal and chief executive Brendon Gale finally agreed to meet with members of the Focus on Footy group on Tuesday morning and heard the offer and the group's list of concerns.

The Richmond board met for more than seven hours after the meeting with the rebel ticket but it is understood only a brief time was spent dwelling on the offer and the proposals outlined by the Focus on Footy  ticket.

The existing board has the support of the AFL and chief executive Gill McLachlan and while the new ticket has moderated its position to avoid a spill the existing board is highly unlikely to agree to the terms and now appears poised to go to an election, possibly in November.

The Focus on Footy  group had launched with an initial plan to replace all but two positions on the Richmond board.

The central plank of their plan for election was that Richmond needed to appoint Neil Balme as football chief executive.

Richmond last week appointed Balme to the position, mentoring football manager Dan Richardson and working within a restructured football department.

That appointment robbed the challengers of a critical point of difference to the existing board other than a restlessness for change and on-field success.

The group had said they were pleased with the club's off-field performance but wanted a change of board because of the lack of on-field success and that board members had been there too long.

After initially calling for a spill of the board and for their leader, Dr Martin Hiscock, to be appointed the new president, the group said it was prepared to modify its offer and retain O'Neal as president along with other board members if they were given several seats on the board.   

"At what was a positive meeting, we reiterated our view that it was time for new and re-energised thinking at Richmond," Hiscock said.

"We believe this starts with changing the board - many of the current board members have been there for too long.

"Today we offered an olive branch, not a concession, in the best interests of long-suffering Richmond members and fans. We have to do something."

The rebels said the club had agreed to consider the proposal.

The challenging group had initially said they were happy for  contracted coach Damien Hardwick to remain  but have since said that if he were to underperform they would find the funds to replace him.

Hardwick is contracted until the end of 2018.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-focus-on-footy-leader-meets-richmond-tigers-board-members-20160920-grkgx2.html

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2016, 08:02:38 PM »
I may be getting my francis leech and mark fine mixed up ...

Apologies to All pls don't sue
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2016, 08:12:35 PM »
What a backflip  :lol

So now they don't want an EGM (no surprise there even their PR guru would be telling them they aint gonna win) now they just want 4 seats on the board and peggy can stay as prez  :rollin

Here's an idea FoF group

There are 3 position up fpr grabs at the AGM, nominate and see how you go. And then in 2017 do the same

Or are you too scared because you know what the result will be

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2016, 08:51:10 PM »
This FOF group are not only embarrassing themselves, they are embarrassing every tiger supporter :banghead GO AWAY!

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
Now Monteath wants out.....withdraw now and save the club valuable time and money.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2016, 09:07:43 PM »
This FOF group are not only embarrassing themselves, they are embarrassing every tiger supporter :banghead GO AWAY!

The current board has caused the club far more embarrassment with poor leadership and terrible decisions than the FOF will ever likely cause

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2016, 09:14:11 PM »
Out of interest,how many on the current board were voted in by the members?
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2016, 09:21:42 PM »

It depends

Are you prepapred to count those who have been re-elected unopposed when they've stood and we havent needed to vote

Or do you only count those who had to face an election like we had last year?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:14 PM »
Now Monteath wants out.....withdraw now and save the club valuable time and money.

Had to laugh when i read that   ;D

Can they become more farcical?

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #311 on: September 20, 2016, 09:34:00 PM »

It depends

Are you prepapred to count those who have been re-elected unopposed when they've stood and we havent needed to vote

Or do you only count those who had to face an election like we had last year?
As I posted,how many voted in by the members?
You seem to have your finger on the pulse WP, currently how many on the board right now have been voted in?
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2016, 09:53:40 PM »

]As I posted,how many voted in by the members?
You seem to have your finger on the pulse WP, currently how many on the board right now have been voted in?

There was election last uear, first one on ages

2 of them Chadwick &  O'Shanessy were elected via an election last year by the members

O'Neal, Dalton and Free have been "elected" unopposed = no vote only because there were no extra candidates to have an election

Speed, O'Rourke, Dunne & Ryan have all been seconded onto the board and not elected. Ryan is up for re-election this year, so is Speed IIRC

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2016, 10:03:52 PM »
Speed should be President....surely would be a walk in the park after running the ICC and having to deal with the BCCI....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2016, 10:12:03 PM »
Speed should be President....surely would be a walk in the park after running the ICC and having to deal with the BCCI....

He was a toothless Tiger when he was running the ICC (no pun intended ) because he wouldn't stand up to the BCCI  :rollin