Author Topic: Board Spill? / Challenge called off/ Malvern Hotel group has re-emerged [update]  (Read 120179 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Board Spill? / Rebel group now wants to pay out and sack Hardwick [update]
« Reply #345 on: September 21, 2016, 04:43:28 PM »
Im not confused by their message, they think the current board have lost focus on what this clubs is all about - PREMIERSHIPS !

Yeah they pointed that out

But when they announced themselves as an alternate on the Monday morning they gave us:

* Coach stays

* CEO stays

* Dan Richardson stays

* We will bring in Footy Director, some bloke called Balme, we haven't spoken to him but we will and we will get him. At the same press conference a journo phoned Balme and asked him if he knew anything about this motely crew; outside of being peeved being linked to them he didn't know anything about them and said he hadn't spoken to them

* Took cheap shots at the incumbents and the club.

* had as one of the main criticism about the current mob the fact that some of them had been there too long and there was too many accountants and lawyers. their alternative approach was to have 2 Doctors, 2 lawyers (both of which have only been members for about a month), 2 footballers (one of which walked out on our club) and a bloke that runs a software development group.

* made misleading comments about the clubs finances

* Said that losing 3 finals in row was unacceptable but deviated from answering why 2016 and not 2015 if it's all been a disaster

* said they would demand and or implement how the team should play

* would determine who we traded in / out

* and their focus was going to be on football and improving resources in that area

Later on that first Monday when appearing on Talking Footy Dr Hiscock said his group would deliver Balme to the RFC. Absolutely guaranteed is

Fast forward a week and they take credit for Balme coming to the club... ::) their collective input into that was almost stuffing it up but I digrese. As late as yesterday the good Doctor was still taking credit

Just after Balme gets announced they organise a meeting with the incumbent board and 30-40 minutes before it's scheduled to start they cancel...Why?

We then get yesterday's HUN where they changed their tune and said they would actually sack the coach if he doesn't meet certain KPIs

Which brings us to yesterday SEN interview where just before 8am Doc Hiscock said:

* Can't tell you the KPIs because it's not up to me decide what they are

* when pressed on it said it may be about game style but then again it might not be

* might involve wins & losses but then again it might

* made the idiotic claim that people had told that Hardwick had himself said he was a dead man walking. but when pressed on that he changed the subject

* Cotchin shouldn't be captain but I wont say whoo I think should

*that in the planned meeting with O'Neal & Gale he and Mag Kearney representing FoF would be demanding the incumbents stand down. He then said Peggy could stay because "we don't want to depose a president"... by the end of said meeting the demanding of 7 seats board seats (even now there appears to be only 6 of them left as Monteath reportedly wants out) had changed to wanting 4 maybe 5 seats

Want me to go

So outside of telling people what they want to hear by stating the bleeding obvious what exactly have the shared with us outside of the bumbling incompetence in selling their message / vision?

Because to TBBH I have no idea what their vision plan is exactly?

What's their plan for ensuring that we can pour the resources into all the areas they say need fixing?

Easy to say this is what we need to do but where's the money coming from.

Haven't head one of them say I have $3 million a year sponsor waiting in the wings to sign up if take over. On the contrary in yesterday's shambolic SEN interview Dr Hiscock went as far as to say that they would time any EGM around sponsorship deals being sorted..how bloody noble of them... NOT it's cowardly; they want other to do the hard yards it would appear :banghead

Haven't heard one utterance about their take on corporate governance which whether people give a rats or not is one of the most important functions of being a company director.

I could go on... to say they have a plan and a vision is laughable all they've done is what other have done before and that is state what's wrong, and then flip flop, change their message on a regular basis. They don't instil any confidence in me that have the vaguest idea what it takes and to sit on a board of footy club.

and before people starting whacking about the current mob. Their single biggest mistake was that bloody contract extension there is no hiding from that. But at least through them we now have Balme and thanks to the external review carried by EY's sports advisory division that other AFL clubs and major sports have used there is clarity in the stuff that we've got horribly wrong.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FooffooValve

« Reply #346 on: September 21, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »
 :clapping Pretty comprehensive WP.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2016, 05:05:48 PM »
What clarity do we have WP?
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #348 on: September 21, 2016, 05:13:40 PM »
Just reported on SEN the FoF group are done.

Lol!

Thanks for embarressing the club.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2016, 05:14:11 PM »
 :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

FooffooValve

« Reply #350 on: September 21, 2016, 05:26:19 PM »
Lol, they are gone. What a shambles. No doubt they will claim credit for Balme's appointment and for god knows what else. Good riddance.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: September 21, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »
What a joke.

When I see Hiscock, I'll give him heaps!!!! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: September 21, 2016, 05:32:21 PM »

Lol!

This :banghead

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2016, 06:03:17 PM »
Here's an idea FoF group

There are 3 position up fpr grabs at the AGM, nominate and see how you go. And then in 2017 do the same

Or are you too scared because you know what the result will be
Among your sterling work against the latest board challengers this one caught my attention.
As you well know this board changed the constitution to give themselves the right to APPOINT a third of the directors (themselves) as well as any staff member (now Gale) as an extra.

The point being there are NOT "3 positions up for grabs at the AGM" but only two. The board have the other as well as Gale.
Will the board (after perusing postals) simply announce at the AGM that their (trailing) candidate is simply to be APPPOINTED to the board rather than elected.

As I understand the situation the board have not had to use the right to APPOINT a third director over the last couple of elections so the question I also ask is:
     Can or will the current board claim the right to APPOINT all three directors this year? 

While a nominee can put their hand up for election, they are expected to front the Nominations Committee.
This committee was established to vet candidates for the board. I encourage everyone to examine the criteria they use to judge candidates.
Note that when this committee was established no club director was to be chair and no director was to be on the committee during their re-election year.

My question here is: Will Ryan (as chairman) and O'Neal be doing the examination of prospective nominees during their re-election years?
Caro said they would be standing down in October. If O'Neal and Ryan are NOT doing the examination, who is?

Regarding sponsorship, when did the ME naming rights end and who now has naming rights for Punt Road Oval and the clubrooms?
Bingle have recently been announced as extending their sponsorship into 2017, presumably at the same amount as before.
Décor, AGL and Viagogo end their deals in November before the AGM.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2016, 06:22:13 PM »

Lol!

Rumour is Balme had a quiet chat with them.
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #355 on: September 21, 2016, 06:27:53 PM »
Im not confused by their message, they think the current board have lost focus on what this clubs is all about - PREMIERSHIPS !

Yeah they pointed that out

But when they announced themselves as an alternate on the Monday morning they gave us:

* Coach stays

* CEO stays

* Dan Richardson stays

* We will bring in Footy Director, some bloke called Balme, we haven't spoken to him but we will and we will get him. At the same press conference a journo phoned Balme and asked him if he knew anything about this motely crew; outside of being peeved being linked to them he didn't know anything about them and said he hadn't spoken to them

* Took cheap shots at the incumbents and the club.

* had as one of the main criticism about the current mob the fact that some of them had been there too long and there was too many accountants and lawyers. their alternative approach was to have 2 Doctors, 2 lawyers (both of which have only been members for about a month), 2 footballers (one of which walked out on our club) and a bloke that runs a software development group.

* made misleading comments about the clubs finances

* Said that losing 3 finals in row was unacceptable but deviated from answering why 2016 and not 2015 if it's all been a disaster

* said they would demand and or implement how the team should play

* would determine who we traded in / out

* and their focus was going to be on football and improving resources in that area

Later on that first Monday when appearing on Talking Footy Dr Hiscock said his group would deliver Balme to the RFC. Absolutely guaranteed is

Fast forward a week and they take credit for Balme coming to the club... ::) their collective input into that was almost stuffing it up but I digrese. As late as yesterday the good Doctor was still taking credit

Just after Balme gets announced they organise a meeting with the incumbent board and 30-40 minutes before it's scheduled to start they cancel...Why?

We then get yesterday's HUN where they changed their tune and said they would actually sack the coach if he doesn't meet certain KPIs

Which brings us to yesterday SEN interview where just before 8am Doc Hiscock said:

* Can't tell you the KPIs because it's not up to me decide what they are

* when pressed on it said it may be about game style but then again it might not be

* might involve wins & losses but then again it might

* made the idiotic claim that people had told that Hardwick had himself said he was a dead man walking. but when pressed on that he changed the subject

* Cotchin shouldn't be captain but I wont say whoo I think should

*that in the planned meeting with O'Neal & Gale he and Mag Kearney representing FoF would be demanding the incumbents stand down. He then said Peggy could stay because "we don't want to depose a president"... by the end of said meeting the demanding of 7 seats board seats (even now there appears to be only 6 of them left as Monteath reportedly wants out) had changed to wanting 4 maybe 5 seats

Want me to go

So outside of telling people what they want to hear by stating the bleeding obvious what exactly have the shared with us outside of the bumbling incompetence in selling their message / vision?

Because to TBBH I have no idea what their vision plan is exactly?

What's their plan for ensuring that we can pour the resources into all the areas they say need fixing?

Easy to say this is what we need to do but where's the money coming from.

Haven't head one of them say I have $3 million a year sponsor waiting in the wings to sign up if take over. On the contrary in yesterday's shambolic SEN interview Dr Hiscock went as far as to say that they would time any EGM around sponsorship deals being sorted..how bloody noble of them... NOT it's cowardly; they want other to do the hard yards it would appear :banghead

Haven't heard one utterance about their take on corporate governance which whether people give a rats or not is one of the most important functions of being a company director.

I could go on... to say they have a plan and a vision is laughable all they've done is what other have done before and that is state what's wrong, and then flip flop, change their message on a regular basis. They don't instil any confidence in me that have the vaguest idea what it takes and to sit on a board of footy club.

and before people starting whacking about the current mob. Their single biggest mistake was that bloody contract extension there is no hiding from that. But at least through them we now have Balme and thanks to the external review carried by EY's sports advisory division that other AFL clubs and major sports have used there is clarity in the stuff that we've got horribly wrong.

great posting

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #356 on: September 21, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »
My mail is that a compromise was reached that satisfies all parties

naturaldisaster

« Reply #357 on: September 21, 2016, 06:46:17 PM »

"we promise we will sack hardwick if you promse to eff off"

:D

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #358 on: September 21, 2016, 06:47:39 PM »

Do tell
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #359 on: September 21, 2016, 06:53:12 PM »

Do tell

Don't know the details and didn't ask
Media beats things up as they see fit
Compromise was met
That's all I know