Author Topic: Review close to being revealed to supporters with 'implementation plan': O'Neal  (Read 25945 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
they must think hackson his done a reasonable job to keep him on as p/t??? NFI

This to me highlights what is wrong with the club. They have no guts to finish the old bastard off. That goes with the other dud assistants they have offered one year deals with.

Doubt there is anything the club could do today to appease some fans - I think its a fine move. Despite what you think, I know professional scouts personally and even the most underdone, least professional talent scout has a breadth of knowledge that is always going to be of some value. He's not calling the shots anymore - that's more than enough for mine!

Question regarding his replacement Matthew Clarke. Anyone know anything about him?
See Matthew Clarke thread, he could possibly be our delisted ex ruckman?

Ruanaidh

Wrong M Clarke.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
J Clarke?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Not as easy as just sacking someone when they have a contract

Sack those who are under contract and their payout is included in next years footy department cap, will cost the club more than the payout
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Hiscock also called on more information to be released, and claims that the Richmond board isn’t giving fans full disclosure.

“It is interesting to note that the Club made a number of decisions about the personnel and structure of its football department before the EY review was completed.

“The Focus on Footy team is calling on the Board to release the full report of the review, including its Terms of Reference.”

“We are concerned the Board is hiding behind the report and has been making decisions on the run,” Hiscock said.

Richmond finished the season losing four of their last five games, placing them 13th on the table after finishing in 5th in 2015.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/09/12/rebel-richmond-group-approve-balme-appointment/

Surely within this report there would be sensitive I.P that we would prefer is not released into the public domain, specifically that information which could compromise our ability to rectify.
17 other clubs would quickly become aware of the finer points and use this to there advantage, whether they need to or not.

Some things should be known by all and all things should be known by some.
(Wow i just made that up, feel free to use) ;D

beat me to the punch - absolutely agree. Yes we'd all love to know categorically what they are doing and whether there is true process nvolved here, but its ridiculous to expect that to become publicly available which our competition would use to their advantage - (like they dont already have a big enough one)

:clapping :clapping

Exactly

Grest posts
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

Get off your high horse WP.
It is ok to question the club that has been putrid for 35 years.
Also doing a review through a company that one of the board members is a part of stinks before it even starts. Surely there is other companies out there that could of handled this review and people like myself wouldn't have their suspicions of a truely uncompromised review.
There is always something NQR with everything this club does.
Sacks guys, then offer them jobs.
Sack other guys but give them part time jobs.
NFI!
But you sit up there on the fence that you usually sit on and tell us all how we should behave.

High horse?

Give me a break,  just giving an opinion which BTW  you and number others going by the collective responses qctually highlights the points i made to reasonable. So thanks for that  :lol

As for your narrow minded view about EY doing the review, clearly you have no idea how the big 5 accouting firms operate. Multiply departments within a massive organisation. The board member you refer to works in auditing while the review was undertaken by a completely different area. There is no conflict here

From the press release (http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-09-12/football-department-structure-changes

"As part of this review, independent external consultant Craig Mitchell, from Ernst & Young’s Sports Advisory Practice, was engaged to assist with the process.

Craig has conducted a range of performance evaluation projects for, and on behalf of, a number of elite sporting organisations, including the AFL Research Board, AFL clubs, Cricket Australia, Australian Sports Commission Swimming Australia and Sport "

Reckon the bloke knows what he is doing seeing the list of organisations hes done work for are some of the biggest in the country

So if keeping an open mind on this review and applauding usong EY is fence sitting then I'll wear that

WP, I am curious what you think this EY review cost?

Big 4 firm, 10 weeks?

Thanks

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
So the sham review is being confirmed by the club.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
Hiscock also called on more information to be released, and claims that the Richmond board isn’t giving fans full disclosure.

“It is interesting to note that the Club made a number of decisions about the personnel and structure of its football department before the EY review was completed.

“The Focus on Footy team is calling on the Board to release the full report of the review, including its Terms of Reference.”

“We are concerned the Board is hiding behind the report and has been making decisions on the run,” Hiscock said.

Richmond finished the season losing four of their last five games, placing them 13th on the table after finishing in 5th in 2015.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/09/12/rebel-richmond-group-approve-balme-appointment/

Good on hiscock for applying more heat on the current board.  Keep it up.  His ticket won't win but am liking this dude more and more.  "Decisions on the run" is exactly what they're doing
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

Sack those who are under contract and their payout is included in next years footy department cap, will cost the club more than the payout

Why are they all on multi year contracts?
Players? Yes, Coaches? Yes
Everyone else should be on the standard payroll. At worst, should be an annual contract.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame

Good on hiscock for applying more heat on the current board.  Keep it up.  His ticket won't win but am liking this dude more and more.  "Decisions on the run" is exactly what they're doing

:thumbsup. they wont win and nor should they but FMD this board needs a rocket up their date for the poo they have done or lack thereof.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

Why are they all on multi year contracts?
Players? Yes, Coaches? Yes
Everyone else should be on the standard payroll. At worst, should be an annual contract.

Actually, never thought about that but that's a very good point HRT -  apart from coaches and players everyone should just be on the payroll, sack them if they dont perform and no payout

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Pretty sure there was at least one recruiter under Hackson who wanted to take Heppell & Parker.....put that bloke in charge.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Pretty sure there was at least one recruiter under Hackson who wanted to take Heppell & Parker.....put that bloke in charge.

Was it after the fact like the experts on here or was it pre draft?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Pre-draft chucky...in fact I believe at least one of our recruiters even wanted us to take Parker at 6.....

Don't think you can accuse too many of being hindsight heroes with regards to Conca....clearly remember most Richmond supporters and indeed most of the footy world being puzzled if not incredulous about it at the time....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.