Author Topic: Getting rid of contracted duds .  (Read 6596 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Getting rid of contracted duds .
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 06:01:54 PM »

Conscription.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 06:32:03 PM »
Dunno about 'good'

Never once walked away from a game thinking he didn't have a "dip" can't say the same about a number of others

And yes "good" based on what his role in the side is, he did his job

Surely we are past this level of acceptance.

I'll have a red hot crack if you want that to be your yardstick. Need quality. Hunt is certainly not that

Isn't it more of indictment on others that Hunt's best which is average has him ending up one of our better players in the 2nd half of the season?

That's not saying we don't need better but what it shows how poor our better players were
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2016, 07:26:09 PM »
Dunno about 'good'

Never once walked away from a game thinking he didn't have a "dip" can't say the same about a number of others

I'll have a red hot crack if you want that to be your yardstick. Need quality. Hunt is certainly not that

Isn't it more of indictment on others that Hunt's best which is average has him ending up one of our better players in the 2nd half of the season?

That's not saying we don't need better but what it shows how poor our better players were

Touche. Hunt isn't the guy you get rid of if he is in your best 22. But it's an indictment of our list management.  Thank god FJ has been demoted.

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2016, 07:44:50 PM »
Dunno about 'good'

Touche. Hunt isn't the guy you get rid of if he is in your best 22. But it's an indictment of our list management.  Thank god FJ has been demoted.

not yet, this draft he's in charge for the final time

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 07:50:17 PM »
I thought he had been demoted to part time?

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2016, 07:55:40 PM »
Wasnt actually a demotion, he made the decision to stand down from full time duties months ago well before the review was even on the cards, clubs just used it to make it look like they're making changes. But its all happening after the drafts

He'll be a part time consultant bc his views are so highly regarded

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2016, 09:03:21 PM »
Dunno about 'good'

I'd probably say more of a poor reflection of the coaching staff. I think we'd all agree we have a lot of underperforming talent on our list. I put the blame for that squarely on the coaching staff.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 11:23:15 PM »
Steven Morris and Todd Elton are never going to make it . Both list cloggers are contracted for next year .

Surely they can't be on big coin .  Pay them out .  Marcon had more upside than these two .

Surely its a no brainer .

Geez man, when you turn you go full tilt! Marcon more upside than Todd Elton :lol :lol even Morris you're probably pushing it

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 10:01:06 AM »
Dunno about 'good'

indubitably

So it's more like "good by Richmond standards"

Nothing to right home to granma about generally
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 12:04:03 PM »
Steven Morris and Todd Elton are never going to make it . Both list cloggers are contracted for next year .

Surely they can't be on big coin .  Pay them out .  Marcon had more upside than these two .

Surely its a no brainer .

Geez man, when you turn you go full tilt! Marcon more upside than Todd Elton :lol :lol even Morris you're probably pushing it

Elton got whacked ( literally) by Cotchin for being an absolute chicken heart during the Sydney game . 5 years in the system .
Marcon looked quite serviceable in his second game - only to be dropped and then dumped.
You could never question the endeavor of little Stevie Morris but we can all see his limitations. Worst player to play 80+ games in recent memory.
Unleash the tornado

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 12:09:10 PM »
Dunno about 'good'

Agree Taylor did have a decent dip most weeks
Especially last 2 months
Credit where it's due

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 12:12:20 PM »
Wasnt actually a demotion, he made the decision to stand down from full time duties months ago well before the review was even on the cards, clubs just used it to make it look like they're making changes. But its all happening after the drafts

He'll be a part time consultant bc his views are so highly regarded

Lol They can't even demote the dud recruiter themselves.  Hackson had to do it for them.  He would have still remained if he didn’t step down. 

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 05:28:40 PM »
Dunno about 'good'

Agree Taylor did have a decent dip most weeks
Especially last 2 months
Credit where it's due
Still need to upgrade him if we ever want to win a flag. You could put everyone on this forum on the field for us. They'll try their guts out but we'll be thrashed. Trying your guts out doesn't matter if you just don't have the talent. Geelong knew they had to upgrade but we are happy to have him.

Tells me why Geelong are playing this weekend and we are on holidays.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 06:29:44 PM »
You could put everyone on this forum on the field for us. They'll try their guts out

Think a few will probably just sit and sook, more their style

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »
You could put everyone on this forum on the field for us. They'll try their guts out

Think a few will probably just sit and sook, more their style

I train well.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018