Author Topic: Peggy Statement  (Read 11147 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Peggy Statement
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2016, 03:01:16 PM »
"We encourage any of our 70,000 members"

Yeh right, bitch. Sure you do.

Well yes, but you missed the important bit "through our nominations process".
She and Kerry Ryan (and Rob Dalton) look forward to vetting you personally through the Nominations Committee before deciding whether to approve you as suitable to take their jobs.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2016, 03:11:03 PM »

[/quote]

Why don't they disclose the sponsorship amount as other clubs do?
[/quote]

I'm not sure that other clubs do specify exact sponsorship revenue. Just had a quick look at Collingwood & Hawks AR's from last year, and they report similarly to us. I can think of at least one good reason why clubs might want to be coy about being too specific — I'm sure you can too if you think about it.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2016, 03:11:42 PM »
The Club has reported an operating profit of $458,586 for the year ended 31 October 2015 (2014: $1,329,530). Considering the continued difficult economic environment for the Club and AFL industry generally, this financial result reinforces the Club’s robust financial standing.

Yes, the AFL Industry is such a hard nut to crack
More crap.

They want you all to believe it's sooooo hard to do.  :clapping
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2016, 03:14:01 PM »
From the President's report. Big claim to make if it isn't true.

Can you provide details?

From the 2015 AR:

The Club has reported a net profit of $458,586 for the financial year ended 31 October. This is the Club’s 11th consecutive profit – an outstanding result given we operate in such a competitive market. The Club achieved this result off a revenue base of $46.7 million, an increase of $2.3 million year-on- year.
Pleasingly the Club now has cash reserves in excess of $2 million. This represents a turnaround of almost $7 million based on our debt position five years ago. At the same time the Club has significantly increased its investment in football. In 2015, for example, the Club invested $8 million more in football that in did in 2010.
The Club’s net asset position increased over the year to $24.2 million. 2015 Highlights
• Home and away attendances of 1.05 million which ranked us number one in the AFL.
• TV audiences of 16 million, representing an increase of 13%.
• Record sponsorship revenue.
• Record corporate and coterie revenue.
• Record membership of 71,339.

Just wondering why you left out the last "point of success"
Regarding gender equality.

Yes, this is a key factor in being a successful football club and even more Important when being governed by a woman.

I was only quoting the bit that was relevant to my sponsorship conversation with Harry. Sorry to disappoint you.

tony_montana

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »

I'm not sure that other clubs do specify exact sponsorship revenue. Just had a quick look at Collingwood & Hawks AR's from last year, and they report similarly to us. I can think of at least one good reason why clubs might want to be coy about being too specific — I'm sure you can too if you think about it.
It would be in our clubs best interests if all clubs disclosed it, that way when negotiating new deals we could use our supporters base and audience vs other clubs to put ourselves into a position of strength. As someone with an extensive sales and marketing background, its always stumped me that we havent been able to  spruik our potential audience vs other hack clubs into better commercial deals.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:23:12 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2016, 03:19:13 PM »
From the President's report. Big claim to make if it isn't true.

Can you provide details?

From the 2015 AR:

The Club has reported a net profit of $458,586 for the financial year ended 31 October. This is the Club’s 11th consecutive profit – an outstanding result given we operate in such a competitive market. The Club achieved this result off a revenue base of $46.7 million, an increase of $2.3 million year-on- year.
Pleasingly the Club now has cash reserves in excess of $2 million. This represents a turnaround of almost $7 million based on our debt position five years ago. At the same time the Club has significantly increased its investment in football. In 2015, for example, the Club invested $8 million more in football that in did in 2010.
The Club’s net asset position increased over the year to $24.2 million. 2015 Highlights
• Home and away attendances of 1.05 million which ranked us number one in the AFL.
• TV audiences of 16 million, representing an increase of 13%.
• Record sponsorship revenue.
• Record corporate and coterie revenue.
• Record membership of 71,339.

Just wondering why you left out the last "point of success"
Regarding gender equality.

Yes, this is a key factor in being a successful football club and even more Important when being governed by a woman.

I was only quoting the bit that was relevant to my sponsorship conversation with Harry. Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm interested, how would that disappoint me?

Or was that just a passive way of suggesting I'm a "MYSOGINIST"   Lmao
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2016, 03:30:13 PM »

Have a look at note 4 for hawthorn and note 3 for collingwood.  More disclosure than us especially hawthorn.

Our sponsorship and marketing amont of 24m does not make sense and it appears they are including membetship and other revenue in there.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:24:27 PM by WilliamPowell »
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2016, 03:31:16 PM »

It would be in our clubs best interests if all clubs disclosed it, that way when negotiating new deals we could use our supporters base and audience vs other clubs to put ourselves into a position of strength. As someone with an extensive sales and marketing background, its always stumped me that we havent been able to  spruik our potential audience vs other hack clubs into better commercial deals.

Sure, but our commercial partners may not want their expenditure publicised in this way, and of course, such exposure may limit future deals.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:25:50 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2016, 03:40:54 PM »

Have a look at note 4 for hawthorn and note 3 for collingwood.  More disclosure than us especially hawthorn.

Our sponsorship and marketing amont of 24m does not make sense and it appears they are including membetship and other revenue in there.

Our reporting isn't hugely different from those two. "Commercial activity" "Marketing Income". However you look at it or report it, we aren't massively different to those two clubs who would have far more leverage in the market than us you would think. Doesn't mean we can't do better, of course, but this board has been pretty good on the off field. And as difficult as it is to acknowledge, on field they have been more successful than probably any other board in the last 30 years. Once again, nobody is satisfied with that, but we are much better off building on this base than tearing it all down in anger and frustration and starting again.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 06:26:36 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2016, 03:47:01 PM »

So, who judges Peggy's worth?

Lol. What a pack of nepotistic crooks.

Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »
Lmao at judging on the motivation of the applicant
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »
Hawthorn has 9 clear revenue categories and you can clearly see what revenue is supporter and member dependant, whereas ours has 4 (interest income of 100k is also disclosed) and it's hard to decipher what is supporter driven and what is board driven via sponsors etc.  As a comparison we have disclosed 24m sponsorship/marketing/commercial activities whereas hawthorn have 15 and collingwood 17. 
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »

So, who judges Peggy's worth?

Lol. What a pack of nepotistic crooks.

Where did you get that image from?
That's the first I've seen of it and it looks as if it's that latest version with those four members.

This is the original but please note, I've tried to get to the original as credited but can't raise it now.

This is the link where I first saw it. The quote I posted came from the source page:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/125242/default.aspx

al has found and posted the link with the full description:

Nominations Committee Established

The Board of the Richmond Football Club Limited (“Club”) have established a Board Nominations Committee (“Committee”).

The committee is responsible for considering and advising the Board on matters relating to the appointment of directors.

Specifically, it will establish a transparent and formal procedure to identify individuals who are qualified to become Board members.

This process will ensure that at all times, the Board comprises those most suited to adequately discharge its responsibilities and duties.

The membership of the Committee will comprise:

Ø    Mr Emmett Dunne (Chair)
Assistant Commissioner Victoria Police Ethical Standards Department
35 year career Victoria Police
Australian Police Medal 2010
Graduate Diploma Business Management
130 VFL Games for Richmond and Footscray Football Clubs, Life Member Richmond Football Club, Member Richmond Premiership Team 1980, Member AFL Tribunal 1993 to present

Ø    Ms Henriette Rothschild
General Manager of Hay Group Pacific.
Works with Boards and executive teams in the corporate and NFP sector on organisational change, board effectiveness and executive capability.
Worked with the RFC Board in the past on CEO succession, executive development and Board facilitation.
Psychologist with a business and marketing background.

Ø    Mr Michael Green
Practised as a solicitor 1970-1995;
Clerk of Greens List at the Victorian Bar 1996 to the present
Played with the Richmond 1966-1971; 1973-1975
146 games;  82 goals
Played in 1967, 1969, 1973 and 1974 premierships.
Member of the Richmond Team of the Century and the Richmond Hall of Fame.

Ø    Mr Maurice O’Shannassy
Club Vice President
Club Board member since 2004.
Former Managing Director for Black Rock Investment Management (Australia) Ltd (formerly Merrill Lynch Investment Managers).

The Committee in assessing candidates will consider:

Ø    The achievements of the candidate in their careers – both business and non business;

Ø    Compatibility with the balance and diversity of skills, experience and competencies within the existing Board ;

Ø    Compatibility of the candidate’s credentials with the existing strategic needs of the Club; and

Ø    Motivation of the candidate.

The Committee will meet and consider potential candidates at the following times:

Ø    During the annual Board nomination period in the lead up to the Annual General Meeting; and

Ø    At other times when a casual vacancy is created through the resignation of an existing director.

The Club board member that forms part of the Committee will be rotated periodically.  The Club Board member on the Committee cannot fill the role as Chairperson.  An existing Club director cannot serve on the Committee if their elected term expires in that year.

In discharging their responsibilities the Committee members have a duty to act in the best interests of the Club as a whole, irrespective of personal, professional, commercial or other interests, loyalties or affiliations.

It should also be noted the Board of the Club have engaged the services of Hay Group to review the operation of the existing Board as a whole and its individual members to ensure that the Board is well placed to achieve its stated objectives in the most effective and efficient manner.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/nominations%20committee/tabid/18473/default.aspx

Note that the rules I've highlighted in yellow are not in the latest version posted.
The wombats must not realize that there are other internet sources out there so you can't just scrub and forget what you post previously.
May be a good basis for a question at the AGM.
"Why have you changed the rules of the Nominations Committee, specifically about the chairmanship and serving in a re-election year?" 

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2016, 04:13:29 PM »
Caracella and Balmey.