Author Topic: Big Ivvy signs on for another year  (Read 8286 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Big Ivvy signs on for another year
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 05:39:50 PM »
Another nail in Hardwick's coffin.

How much say does Dimma have in re-signing players?

I don't think he is geetting much say actually, as mentioned by a guy at another board.

- Hardwick wanted lade to stay, his gone
- Hardwick wanted chappy to stay, his gone (I reckon the club encouraged him to take the Dees job)

also Balme said Dimma wasn't making all the decisions regarding coaching, I would say the same thing regarding list management as well... I could be wrong, but thats how it seems.

You walk a very particular line ND. I wouldnt be the first to think though.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 05:43:35 PM »
As long as his back is not stuffed then I don't have an issue with the 1 year contract.
I have no doubt the big fella was asked to play on through injury and became another victim of Hardwicks poor decision making.
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

naturaldisaster

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 05:48:00 PM »
Another nail in Hardwick's coffin.

How much say does Dimma have in re-signing players?

I don't think he is geetting much say actually, as mentioned by a guy at another board.

- Hardwick wanted lade to stay, his gone
- Hardwick wanted chappy to stay, his gone (I reckon the club encouraged him to take the Dees job)

also Balme said Dimma wasn't making all the decisions regarding coaching, I would say the same thing regarding list management as well... I could be wrong, but thats how it seems.

because i don't go slamming the club at every opportunity?

sure the club has made a lot of dumb decisions in the past but that doesn't mean they are doomed to repeat mistake after mistake..

i don't always agree with what the club does, but at the end of the day, i'll respect that they probably have their reasons.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »
well lets look at it if hampson went down which is possible who rucks griffo all year he is needed hopefully we can get another ruckman in or develop someone

Why do peope think he only be mentoring talls?

Just by action he is constantly teaching all the younger players at the club. So it's not just ruckman

Was just speculating a scenario... don't know what the initial offer was..... you still haven't answered my question regarding why he needs to remain on the senior list taking up a spot to be involved in mentoring/development...why can't he still do that and just be on the VFL list -  like McQualter was when he first arrived?

Pertinent point that is unlikely to be answered

Because IMESHO decent clubs have more than 2-3 ruckmen

Re-signing him gives Soldo more time, gives us insurance if Hampson breaks down again (highly likely given his history) and is insurance if we dont  get a ruckman during trade time.

Just think now his back wows are over he offers more than Hampson

The leadership and all we get with him being around well that is a bonus

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2016, 05:57:06 PM »
So why does he require being on the senior list to and taking up a spot to do that? Why not just put him on the VFL list and give him a coaching role instead?

No surprise you couldn't wait to jump on here and attempt to justify it.

Because the club is mental.

ABSOLUTE JOKE

Correct

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 06:22:52 PM »

sure the club has made a lot of dumb decisions in the past but that doesn't mean they are doomed to repeat mistake after mistake..

In a perfect world, you're content to sit back and let them all have ANOTHER crack at it.

How many more years would you give the current process and processors before YOU felt a change was necessary ?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:48:18 AM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.

naturaldisaster

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2016, 06:29:17 PM »

In a perfect world, you're content to sit back and let them all have ANOTHER crack at it.

How many more years would you give the current process and processors before YOU felt a change was necessary ?

But change is happening, its only small atm but its happening...

At the end of last year of course I thought change was necessary.... If they were maintaining the status quo into next year then yes I would be highly critical.

but they aren't

and yes I know, Hardwick isn't gone, but he doesn't have long left either.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:48:52 AM by one-eyed »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 06:34:56 PM »
You fail to recognise the reality that the current crop have already failed 3 times.

It's draining.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:57:10 AM by one-eyed »
Caracella and Balmey.

naturaldisaster

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »
You fail to recognise the reality that the current crop have already failed 3 times.

It's draining.

How about the part where I have conceded the club has made dumb decisions in the past?

thing is no matter what I say, until I join the club which constantly bashes every single aspect of the club and branding them as incompetent even if they make the right decision (such as the Balme appointment), I'm going to be labelled a simpleton.

in a way I can understand it, teh club has failed so many times over 30+ years so we are used to them being incompetent, but things are starting to change and if you can't see that, maybe you are the one that doesn't understand.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:58:40 AM by one-eyed »

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2016, 07:08:58 PM »
This is why we humor you and discuss with you, topics that you don't really have a clue about....because we understand.

It's draining.

How about the part where I have conceded the club has made dumb decisions in the past?

I think you really need to get over yourself, I am not the smartest person around but the fact you think you are just so intelligent and always right about everything is laughable.

thing is no matter what I say, until I join the club which constantly bashes every single aspect of the club and branding them as incompetent even if they make the right decision (such as the Balme appointment), I'm going to be labelled a simpleton.

in a way I can understand it, teh club has failed so many times over 30+ years so we are used to them being incompetent, but things are starting to change and if you can't see that, maybe you are the one that doesn't understand.

I have not seen one post from you that is supportive of any coach or player of the RFC, its just constant bashing bashing bashing.  Like I said, negativity and criticsm is warranted considering the position the club is in atm, but the sad thing is, the dribble I see from you is what I would expect from an opposition supporter.

just because you think the club is changing doesnt mean it is. Maric signed on today for example.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 01:53:40 AM by one-eyed »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2016, 08:03:16 PM »
So why does he require being on the senior list to and taking up a spot to do that? Why not just put him on the VFL list and give him a coaching role instead?

ABSOLUTE JOKE

Correct

Are you still hung up on Ivan

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2016, 08:04:04 PM »
Maric has been a warrior for our club but he is as done as Chaplin is.

Leadership is what our club needs more of but if the young players don't rate you as a footballer because you are too old and too slow, they won't respect what you say in football terms. That changes if you are a coach because your football doesn't have to do some of the talking.

Another bad decision by the club needing to look forward.

So with change obviously needed with our playing list, it's strange that we keep signing players. So we have 2 retirements, we have delisted 2 and we will probably lose Vickery, Lennon and Conca. That is 7 spots for new guys. That is not even close to what needs to go.
Who else should/may be delisted?

For a team that went backwards at a rate of nots this year, we have and may only delist 2 players.  :lol

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 11:04:28 AM »

ABSOLUTE JOKE

Correct

Hampson is a good as two rucks anyway :shh
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 11:56:17 AM »

ABSOLUTE JOKE

Correct

:clapping

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2016, 01:19:45 PM »

ABSOLUTE JOKE

Correct

😉👍