Author Topic: Toby Nankervis [merged]  (Read 175057 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Toby Nankervis [merged]
« Reply #435 on: March 08, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »

Nankervis finished with 21 disposals, including 13 contested possessions, five clearances, four marks, an equal game-high seven tackles, seven score involvements, 13 pressure acts and 17 hit-outs.

Stuff me that was our season output from another ruckman who shall remain nameless
But does he train well?

Thankfully he does  :thumbsup

How do you know  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #436 on: April 07, 2018, 05:42:06 AM »
Watson challenges Richmond big man to step up

By SEN
7 April 2018

With Hawthorn ruckman Ben McEvoy in irresistible form, AFL legend Tim Watson says his battle with Richmond counterpart Toby Nankervis will play a pivotal role in deciding Sunday’s blockbuster at the MCG.

The 28-year-old was dominant during the Hawks one point victory over Geelong, amassing 43 hit outs and a goal, and with the reigning premiers normally going with the one ruckman, the former Essendon captain says Nankervis will need dig deep to compete for the entire game.

“He destroyed Geelong last weekend, they didn’t have a recognised ruckman against him,” Watson said on SEN Breakfast.

“Nankervis up against him, I reckon it’s going to be a real pivotal battle to this game.

“I don’t know long they can afford to leave Nankervis off the ground because it really weakens that part of their game, and McEvoy has a massive engine, and almost capable of going 95-100 percent of the game.”

The Tigers have named inexperienced ruckman Mabior Chol among their extended bench, and SEN footy analyst Daisy Pearce believes it would not be a surprise to see him named just to provide a contest when Nankervis is off the ground.

Chol’s only senior appearance came in Richmond’s 113 point loss to Sydney in Round 23, 2016.

“He (McEvoy) was outstanding last week, and probably only behind Tom Mitchell for best player on the ground,” Pearce said.

“(Damien) Hardwick this week has almost conceded he needs to start looking at a second ruck option. When you look at their ins, and it’s an extended bench, the one he is brought in is Mabior Chol, who would be more of an athletic forward who has played in the ruck.

“It would be a big ask even if he does bring that second ruck option, because McEvoy has nearly been the best ruck in the competition for the past two years.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/04/06/watson-challenges-richmond-big-man-to-step-up/

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #437 on: April 08, 2018, 12:29:18 PM »
Nank the tank is a jet and will give us good use of the ball from hit outs. Up to the midfield to be switched on

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: April 29, 2018, 06:00:23 PM »
Lazy 29 possessions for the recruit of the Century

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #439 on: April 29, 2018, 06:07:38 PM »
Lazy 29 possessions for the recruit of the Century

10 marks and big ears had no impact
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #440 on: April 29, 2018, 06:08:49 PM »
Very important in the last quarter, great game by the Nanktank.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #441 on: April 29, 2018, 06:12:13 PM »
Old school rucking today especially in the last. Brilliant by Nank  :clapping.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #442 on: April 29, 2018, 08:55:07 PM »
Very important in the last quarter, great game by the Nanktank.

Bloody oath. Took a few really critical marks to thwart the Pies just when they might have been able to mount a challenge.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #443 on: April 29, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »
Beat Grundy today

Amazing last qtr
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #444 on: April 29, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »
Nank among the AFL's elite ruckmen: Dimma

Dinny Navaratnam
afl.com.au
Apr 29, 2018 8:04PM

UNFASHIONABLE Richmond ruckman Toby Nankervis should be considered among the competition's elite in his position, coach Damien Hardwick says.

Nankervis had a tough task on Collingwood counterpart Brodie Grundy and finished with 17 hit-outs to the Magpie's 33, and was losing the battle early.

However, he improved as the game wore on and played a mammoth hand in the final term to post career-highs in disposals (29), marks (10) and inside-50s (seven), helping the Tigers to a 43-point victory at the MCG.

"I nearly had a heart attack when Nank had 29 possessions. Bloody hell. I thought Nank was terrific," Hardwick said.

"Don't get me wrong, Grundy's a fantastic player as well. I know people speak about the (Max) Gawns and the (Todd) Goldsteins and Grundy – I'm pumped we've got our bloke.

"He just competes. He's like another midfielder in there. Does he get beaten in ruck contests? Yeah. Does he give everything? Absolutely.

"He's a fantastic player and a fantastic person. He's been a godsend for our footy club."

Not that the lack of attention would bother the former Swan, who slipped to No.35 in the 2013 NAB AFL Draft before being traded at the end of 2016 in an exchange for a third-round selection.

"(Grundy) has (been in good form) but our guy's been doing the same. He goes a little bit unheralded, which he likes. He's very low-key but he's very highly regarded within our system," Hardwick said.

Ivan Soldo will likely come in for a few games to ease the load on Nankervis, as he did last year when he played seven games.

Not that Hardwick is looking forward to making that call.

"Soldo's been in terrific form down at the lower level. Mabior Chol's been very good also. At some stage, we'll probably see them come in," Hardwick said.

"Nank's one of those guys – he loves the work. You (reporter) can ring up and tell him that he's playing forward."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-29/nank-among-the-afls-elite-ruckmen-dimma

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #445 on: April 29, 2018, 11:35:05 PM »
Beat Grundy today

Amazing last qtr
Was bloody unbelievable. 13 possessions in the last quarter and clunked so many marks I lost count.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #446 on: April 29, 2018, 11:58:15 PM »
Amazing game by the tank.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #447 on: April 30, 2018, 12:19:16 AM »
Love him
Go Tigers!

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #448 on: April 30, 2018, 12:52:03 AM »
Once again we lost the hit outs comfortably but won the clearances and contested possessions comfortably. Don’t want to hear anyone complaining that nank is getting beaten in the ruck because he is an absolute beast around the ground!!!

I am in favour of bringing in a second key forward to take the ruck contests while nank is off the ground and also the forward 50 ones while nank sets up behind play. Maybe we can get someone via free agency at the end of the year.....

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #449 on: April 30, 2018, 02:44:40 AM »
He's like Maric at his best.....but better.... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.