Author Topic: Band-Aid Solution  (Read 8394 times)

tony_montana

Re: Band-Aid Solution
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »
thats better  :snidegrin

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »
simple human greed?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2016, 07:28:11 PM »
Yes, like politicians.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 08:45:59 PM »
Imo the simple fact is we need a younger ruckman around the 22 - 24 yo range and we need another junior ruckman maybe rookie or late nd pick.
Toby Nankervis is only 22 and while i have paid little attention to him he seems to be tracking along quite nicely.
I can see why Sydney would not want to lose him it is not as if they are bulging at the seams with quality front line ruckmen. If they were to lose Naismith Nankervis would be it.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »
Imo the simple fact is we need a younger ruckman around the 22 - 24 yo range and we need another junior ruckman maybe rookie or late nd pick.
Toby Nankervis is only 22 and while i have paid little attention to him he seems to be tracking along quite nicely.
I can see why Sydney would not want to lose him it is not as if they are bulging at the seams with quality front line ruckmen. If they were to lose Naismith Nankervis would be it.

Tippet , Naismith & Sinclair all ahead of Toby N, I hope we get him

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 11:00:15 PM »
What are you talking about- they have 2 other very good ruckman, all better than anything we have??

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 11:16:17 PM »
I certainly think he's the type of player we should be targeting.

Comes from a good club/culture/program. Works hard (reflected in effort stats like tackling). Right age. Wants more game time (likely to get plenty of games with us).

Bringing him down wouldn't be a "band-aid/papering over the cracks" solution IMO.

Go get him tiges!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 11:35:24 PM »
At the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships for Tasmania, Nankervis was named the joint winner of the Harrison Medal, awarded to the best player in division two. He won the ruck position in the All Australian side, and established himself as perhaps the most commanding ruck around. His standout game came against Northern Territory, when he kicked five goals, had 22 possessions and took nine marks. Throughout the Championships, Nankervis averaged 21.4 disposals, 18 hit outs, close to eight and a half marks and just over a goal a game.

:clapping :clapping
Still only young and he barracked for Essendon so at least we know they're out of the race ;)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2016, 11:37:24 PM »
At the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships for Tasmania, Nankervis was named the joint winner of the Harrison Medal, awarded to the best player in division two. He won the ruck position in the All Australian side, and established himself as perhaps the most commanding ruck around. His standout game came against Northern Territory, when he kicked five goals, had 22 possessions and took nine marks. Throughout the Championships, Nankervis averaged 21.4 disposals, 18 hit outs, close to eight and a half marks and just over a goal a game.

:clapping :clapping
Still only young and he barracked for Essendon so at least we know they're out of the race ;)
Very impressive.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2016, 11:57:20 PM »
I still think we should get Michael Barlow out of Freeo. He would come cheap or free with Freeo rebuilding. He is still uncontracted.
He is a very solid player still and works extremely hard which he could teach.
I'd prefer to see him in the middle than Grigg, BEllis.

What do others think of that Ellis-Yolmen from Adelaide? Another big bodied mid that works pretty hard from what I have seen.

We need big bodied hard working mids.... forget Prestia.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2016, 12:13:55 AM »
I still think we should get Michael Barlow out of Freeo.

Would be an upgrade on A.Moore at the bare minimum.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2016, 01:07:11 PM »
What are you talking about- they have 2 other very good ruckman, all better than anything we have??

Nankervis and Naismith are the only two front line ruckmen they have.
Sinclair and Tippett are more fwd rucks. If i was looking for a genuine #1  ruckman i would not look at either
Any way who said their ruckmen are worse than ours what the hell are you gibbering about,

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2016, 01:13:11 PM »

Sinclair and Tippett are more fwd rucks. If i was looking for a genuine #1  ruckman i would not look at either
Any way who said their ruckmen are worse than ours what the hell are you gibbering about,

What peeves me off is when the Swans lost Mumford it was recognised that he swans had a huge hole in the ruck area.

However in a few years they have fixed that up with four serviceable ruck options.

We on the other hand have seen the decline of Maric, the incompetence of Hampson, the uselessness of Ty and Griffiths for years and still have done nothing to bolster this area up.

tony_montana

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2016, 01:19:31 PM »

What peeves me off is when the Swans lost Mumford it was recognised that he swans had a huge hole in the ruck area.

However in a few years they have fixed that up with four serviceable ruck options.

We on the other hand have seen the decline of Maric, the incompetence of Hampson, the uselessness of Ty and Griffiths for years and still have done nothing to bolster this area up.

You should post your opinion more often Chuckster -  :clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2016, 04:35:26 PM »
He's too wise and too often correct. People don't like it