Author Topic: Band-Aid Solution  (Read 8397 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Band-Aid Solution
« on: October 06, 2016, 05:28:00 PM »
Are we doing it again, putting a band-aid on the festering sore? The talk of Nankervis, Williams, Hartlett, and these sorts of "average" players being looked at to join the club??

Speculation yes, but we have done this before. I think its great we are getting Prestia but the others, they can't line up for their respective clubs now. We either take damaged players or fringe players and that's one reason why we just can't move forward.

Maybe Nankervis will be something, maybe he won' and we will have another player that just goes through the motions (save your Hampson comments, this thread is not about him).

Thoughts.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Band-Aid Solution
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:33:38 PM »
Are we doing it again, putting a band-aid on the festering sore? The talk of Nankervis, Williams, Hartlett, and these sorts of "average" players being looked at to join the club??

Speculation yes, but we have done this before. I think its great we are getting Prestia but the others, they can't line up for their respective clubs now. We either take damaged players or fringe players and that's one reason why we just can't move forward.

Maybe Nankervis will be something, maybe he won' and we will have another player that just goes through the motions (save your Hampson comments, this thread is not about him).

Thoughts.
We wont be getting HH but hes a jet, so I wouldnt have an issue with him coming accross for the right price.

We desperately need another ruckman. He seems as good an optio  as we can find at the moment. Even if we were totally bottoming out and rebuilding he would be a reasonable choice imo. Unfortunately, good ruckman dont just appear out of thin air, or even are likely with a top 20 pick.

Williams might be silly to go for, but he did okay at Cwood this year. Its a no for mine.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »

Thoughts.
We wont be getting HH but hes a jet, so I wouldnt have an issue with him coming accross for the right price.

We desperately need another ruckman. He seems as good an optio  as we can find at the moment. Even if we were totally bottoming out and rebuilding he would be a reasonable choice imo. Unfortunately, good ruckman dont just appear out of thin air, or even are likely with a top 20 pick.

Williams might be silly to go for, but he did okay at Cwood this year. Its a no for mine.

Sorry to start more talk in another thread, but what do you consider the right price for HH?

Any player is a good or bad pickup at a certain price. Remember that he's got four years to run on a contract at Port reportedly worth $500-600k/year. I would want Port to pay some of that.

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »
Can Nankervis play? Cant say I noticed him so have no opinion on that one.

As for MW - no no
HH - for the right price = not this years or next years first rounder

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 07:08:46 PM »
Sorry to start more talk in another thread, but what do you consider the right price for HH?

Any player is a good or bad pickup at a certain price. Remember that he's got four years to run on a contract at Port reportedly worth $500-600k/year. I would want Port to pay some of that.
Its totally moot now he's not going anywhere, but his trade value is a little dependant on a few things.

IF for example, we were willing to take up the entirety of his contract (around 650 I think) then we could probably get him for something like a late first round early 2nd round selection - with some sweeteners thrown in.

His raw trade value I would put at mid first round - pick 10 - 15. He's a top 4 selection who when playing his best football warrants that pick. His inconsistency should be reflected in the trade value.

Just my opinion of course.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »

As for MW - no no
HH - for the right price = not this years or next years first rounder

Isn't HH injury prone? If so this is another example of us chasing broken down players.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
Papering up the cracks.

The penny, Dimma and Betamax show
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 07:29:05 PM »
We are better off just starting again, years of the fringe players has not worked, I am not sure why they cant see it.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 07:31:22 PM »
We are better off just starting again, years of the fringe players has not worked, I am not sure why they cant see it.

Cause dimma reckons

Chaplin
Grigg
Houli
Morris
Hunt
Hampson
Maric
Hunt
Morris
Yarren and friends

Will win RFC a flag

RFC (her Texan lady ship penny) thinks Betamax and dimma are good at what they do

The circle of life
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 07:35:01 PM »

Cause didn't reckons

Chaplin
Grigg
Houli
Morris
Hunt
Hampson
Maric
Hunt
Morris
Yarren and friends

Will win RFC a flag

RFC thinks Betamax and dimma are good at what they so

The circle of life

We could probably go back 3 times more before this lot and find the exact same process being followed. Unreal really and then look at the Dogs, they make the call and look at them now.. do we really think we are so close to a flag that band aiding works?

Maybe we are trying to follow the Swans process but we are failing dismally..

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 09:02:47 PM »

Cause didn't reckons

Chaplin
Grigg
Houli
Morris
Hunt
Hampson
Maric
Hunt
Morris
Yarren and friends

Will win RFC a flag

RFC thinks Betamax and dimma are good at what they so

The circle of life

We could probably go back 3 times more before this lot and find the exact same process being followed. Unreal really and then look at the Dogs, they make the call and look at them now.. do we really think we are so close to a flag that band aiding works?

Maybe we are trying to follow the Swans process but we are failing dismally..

Yes just like the dogs we are going to win the flag next year

Get on board

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 12:48:43 AM »

He's a Maric like ruckman. Does a lot of the little things and gets around the ground but wouldn't expect him to dominate the tap outs

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 01:07:24 AM »

Manages to get past Rohan (who admittedly wasn't near top speed but still not bad for a big fella) and smash some poor bloke.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 07:08:22 AM »

He's a Maric like ruckman. Does a lot of the little things and gets around the ground but wouldn't expect him to dominate the tap outs
Can we put Hampson in just for the taps down the throats of the opposition mids and then take him off immediately to replace him with this bloke?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 07:19:18 AM »

Manages to get past Rohan (who admittedly wasn't near top speed but still not bad for a big fella) and smash some poor bloke.

When does Nankervis stop and have a rest with his hands on his knees?, was it just before that clip or after?