Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 133271 times)

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »
Could Miles have been in last nights team as well as Caddy?
Caddy probably is more versatile?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2017, 04:42:01 PM »
Caddy doesn't have to be a superstar and doesn't have to be quick.

He is there as big body in and under midfielder. Vlastuin and Miles have similar roles.

Allows Martin and Cotchin to be more damaging, which worked ok last night

That's what was said about Townsend.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2017, 05:18:37 PM »
Townsend wouldn't get a regular game at Geelong
Unleash the tornado

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2017, 05:28:08 PM »
Townsend wouldn't get a game in Geelongs reserves
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »
Caddy is several levels above Townsend.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2017, 08:34:24 PM »
Didn't like his short steps under that highball into our forward 50 in the last though that allowed the Carlton defender (forget who it was) to take the uncontested mark...anyone else see that?

Other than that I think he'll be a good pick up, just don't expect a star....a bigger Miles who can go forward...will get caught htb more than Miles does because he's too big too scam the head-high frees......
Now your starting to understand my looks like tarzan plays like jane quotes.  Also for a bloke his size he gets pushed around an awful lot.

Miles or Caddy fmd Miles has always been a street in front of him.Is really sold short by most tiger supporters is Miles.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2017, 11:02:21 PM »
Caddy did well for his first game as a Tiger.
He will get better and better the more the season goes on and will be really valuable allowing a couple of our more skilful midfielders to get the footy more outside, and allowing them to spend more time in our forwardline.
I'm tipping he will kick 25 plus goals to himself.
Very very valuable pick up for the club imo.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:06:03 AM by big tone »

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2017, 11:08:27 PM »
To be honest every time he got near the ball last night he was mauled, didnt seem to have any space, does happen sometimes, sure he will be better for the run and will improve. He still had a moment of brilliance and its having more players who can do something out of the ordinary that wins games that previously we wouldn't have won. We now have a squad with a bit of X-Factor, something that's been sorely missed for quite some time.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »
Yes I think there's space for both him and Miles.

Miles is actually quite a good kick for goal too.

No reason we can't just have one in the middle at a time if people are worried about pace.

Keeping Caddy in the side, don't tell me you wouldn't rather swap out the likes of Hunt for Miles...

tony_montana

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2017, 09:02:28 PM »
I watched the replay and watched his game closely as this guy is copping a fair bit of criticism. He was quietish with 17 touches but kicked a goal, almost a second,set one up and had 9 CP. Pretty much did what he was recruited to do minus a handful of possessions. He'll be a good pickup for us.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2017, 10:35:58 PM »
I watched the replay and watched his game closely as this guy is copping a fair bit of criticism. He was quietish with 17 touches but kicked a goal, almost a second,set one up and had 9 CP. Pretty much did what he was recruited to do minus a handful of possessions. He'll be a good pickup for us.
Fair call TM but I'll wait to make my decision after we play some decent opp. We got a lot of guys that go missing when we need them to stand up *Cough* Grigg *Cough* Ellis*

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2017, 03:04:16 PM »
Was not sighted in the first 3 quarters but his last was very important and that one handed pick up late was huge :clapping

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2017, 03:10:36 PM »
Yeh was quiet. I'll tip him come back. One thing I've noticed.. does anyone else reckon he hasn't had much midfield time ? Supposedly he came to Richmond to get more mid time

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2017, 06:46:00 PM »
Yeh was quiet. I'll tip him come back. One thing I've noticed.. does anyone else reckon he hasn't had much midfield time ? Supposedly he came to Richmond to get more mid time

Have a look where they are using him.

The plan is to retain one mid deep forward all the time and 2 or 3 stay in centre wing. So we are only defending with 14 or 15 in the defensive area. We make up the short fall with manuc pressure (yeah who would have thought that would work?)

From the fox footy at half time they had a graphic of Martin's possessions and he had more in defense than thecprevious two games.

Now Caddy and Martin will swap roles. So if Martin was forced to spend more time in defence then Caddy was left stranded in the forward line for considerable time.

The stats say he had 87% game time so this and the low possession count supports this.

Offline FLATearth

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2017, 07:03:06 PM »
Was good in the last when it mattered

I don't mind him. His big body fits in well with the small young forwards.

We have certainly had lesser role players