Author Topic: Josh Caddy has retired [merged]  (Read 130775 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Josh Caddy [merged]
« Reply #390 on: September 11, 2018, 02:36:59 PM »
Physical Disability Australia’s Simon Burchill says such a remark is totally unacceptable.

“I’m shocked and appalled that such pejorative terms are being used as an insult,” he told Wide World of Sports.

“People with cerebral palsy are not responsible for their condition, and words like that should never be used as an insult.

“I imagine the AFL have run campaigns to stamp out racism and sexism, they need to institute similar campaigns to stamp out insulting words like this that offend the disability community.

“Something like this detracts from the great work that people with cerebral palsy do in and around the community.”

Source: WWOS-Nine

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #391 on: September 11, 2018, 02:40:56 PM »
Josh Caddy has just put out a public apology for his comments
Check his Instagram account out

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnkmdGbHU5R/?taken-by=josh_caddy

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #392 on: September 11, 2018, 02:45:19 PM »
weak
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #393 on: September 11, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »
Can someone PM what he said?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #394 on: September 11, 2018, 02:46:11 PM »
This is not just Caddy's fault but Channel 7's fault too. They should have edited the audio but didn't. If anyone here thinks this is an isolated incident then they're dreaming. It happens regularly but is simply not picked up by the audio. I don't by any means condone the comments at all and actually am appalled by them. However, the fact remains, that even with professional sportsmen, in the heat of battle, players will use any psychological tools at hand to get into their opponents heads. More so when the stakes get higher.

He has paid his $3000, apologized and it's time to move on.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #395 on: September 11, 2018, 02:52:25 PM »
Can someone PM what he said?

"Truckin' fantastic....." :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #396 on: September 11, 2018, 03:22:02 PM »
This is not just Caddy's fault but Channel 7's fault too. They should have edited the audio but didn't. If anyone here thinks this is an isolated incident then they're dreaming. It happens regularly but is simply not picked up by the audio. I don't by any means condone the comments at all and actually am appalled by them. However, the fact remains, that even with professional sportsmen, in the heat of battle, players will use any psychological tools at hand to get into their opponents heads. More so when the stakes get higher.

He has paid his $3000, apologized and it's time to move on.

I agree with Doc here. Caddy just needs to focus on footy now. People will use this to try and derail us.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: September 11, 2018, 05:34:25 PM »
They are staple terms to sledge the opposition with, has always happened, always will

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #398 on: September 11, 2018, 06:06:55 PM »
It's great stuff :clapping
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #399 on: September 11, 2018, 06:20:40 PM »
I have a nephew with CP and worked as a volunteer with some disabled folks, some with CP and Downs etc.  They were awesome people.  Just doesn't sit well with me.  Plenty of other hateful poo you can call people....like a Dutton
Lots of people name their swords......

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #400 on: September 11, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »
I have a nephew with CP and worked as a volunteer with some disabled folks, some with CP and Downs etc.  They were awesome people.  Just doesn't sit well with me.  Plenty of other hateful poo you can call people....like a Dutton

:clapping

Ditto

Get where you're coming from Owl.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #401 on: September 11, 2018, 07:21:44 PM »
I think there is a lot of people who have said that (me included) but with age/kids you realise its not cool and pretty stupid to be honest.

I do however have some empathy for footballers being in the heat of battle and having channel 7 loving every bit of this getting replayed. In caddys case i think he was trying to get under their skin and it was called out.

move on i say as we have bigger fish to fry :gotigers

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #402 on: September 11, 2018, 07:24:53 PM »
Dutton?

Now you're going too far! I'm surprised you haven't been sanctioned by the mods for using that 6 letter word! :snidegrin
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #403 on: September 11, 2018, 08:50:46 PM »
The world has gone mad is all I’ll say.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #404 on: September 12, 2018, 02:33:26 PM »
Jack Riewoldt calls for AFL to turn off umpire mics

By SEN
12 Sept. 2018

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt has called for the AFL to switch off umpire microphones during match telecasts, believing it doesn’t add to the viewing experience.

It comes after Josh Caddy’s offensive remarks to Hawthorn’s Daniel Howe and James Frawley were picked up by the TV broadcast, a situation that Caddy apologised for yesterday.

While Riewoldt doesn’t condone Caddy’s actions, he also doesn’t think it’s necessary for umpire and player conversations to go public.

“I’m certainly not putting water on what Josh said or what has happened, but there’s an element where I reckon the AFL can turn the umpires mics off or not have them all,” Riewoldt told Fox Footy.

“I don’t see what interaction the players and umpires bring to the broadcast at all.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/09/11/riewoldt-calls-for-afl-to-turn-off-umpire-mics/