Author Topic: Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton  (Read 2346 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton
« on: November 09, 2016, 09:44:51 PM »
It's been 5 years since we've lost an opening round game against the Blues.
I'd say that Round 1 2017 will be the biggest of the 10 years since we've kicked off the season.

2 mediocre lists throwing scraps of hope to the beleaguered supporters.

Carlton - whose coach comes up from Jersey Cows when describing how plain their milk has become - "My milk, it's just becomed soooo Brendan Bolton"
Richmond - whose reputation as a basket case is only preceded by its reputation of eating it's own.

For one week, to the victor go the spoils before both sides seasons properly unravel for yet another season.

Carlton - whose off season spawned another GWS influx bringing to 12 the number of ex-GWS players on their list. Stephan Silvani has become the Donald Trump of list management. Crass, aggressive, head strong, breaking the rules of trading by dealing after 2pm for a second consecutive year.

Richmond - recruiting Neil Balme who can claim free public transport next year when he officially becomes a pensioner.

Both clubs swung punches during trade week like drunken sailors at a burlesque show.
The media spruiked the week, most supporters bought it and this has seen both clubs buy 4 1/2 months of time before one clubs trips and falls face down in its spew on Thursday night March 23rd at about 10:15pm.

Who will it be?
Why?
What will be the margin?
Will Chris Yarren play?

Discuss

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Round 1 Richmond vs Carlton
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:08:14 PM »
I'd say that Round 1 2017 will be the biggest of the 10 years since we've kicked off the season.

Carlton - whose coach comes up from Jersey Cows when describing how plain their milk has become - "My milk, it's just becomed soooo Brendan Bolton"
Richmond - whose reputation as a basket case is only preceded by its reputation of eating it's own.

For one week, to the victor go the spoils before both sides seasons properly unravel for yet another season.

Carlton - whose off season spawned another GWS influx bringing to 12 the number of ex-GWS players on their list. Stephan Silvani has become the Donald Trump of list management. Crass, aggressive, head strong, breaking the rules of trading by dealing after 2pm for a second consecutive year.

Richmond - recruiting Neil Balme who can claim free public transport next year when he officially becomes a pensioner.

Both clubs swung punches during trade week like drunken sailors at a burlesque show.
The media spruiked the week, most supporters bought it and this has seen both clubs buy 4 1/2 months of time before one clubs trips and falls face down in its spew on Thursday night March 23rd at about 10:15pm.

Who will it be?
Why?
What will be the margin?
Will Chris Yarren play?

Discuss
Who the **** cares how old Balme is? We are not asking him to take the field! In his area, experience is everything and he has been a bloody breath of fresh air since his appointment.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:37:29 PM »

Who will it be?
Why?
What will be the margin?
Will Chris Yarren play?

Discuss
Who the **** cares how old Balme is? We are not asking him to take the field! In his area, experience is everything and he has been a bloody breath of fresh air since his appointment.
He has done FA.
The list is basically the same list as this year, except we gave away our best pick we have had for 10 years for a fat injury prone plodder. After the resigning of Batchelor today he has shown he is no better than the rest of the FHeads at this pathetically soft embarrassing club.
I seriously hope this club implodes so we are forced to make the tough decisions. But knowing us it will take all of Dimmas two years to do so and our stars like Jack will be past their best.
Hanging your hat on Neil Blame is typical of the way this club is run and has been run for too long. The first job that fat old plodder had to do was clean out some of the deadwood which he hasn't done. I'm sure he is not to blame for any of it though.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:45:58 PM »

Who will it be?
Why?
What will be the margin?
Will Chris Yarren play?

Discuss
He has done FA.
The list is basically the same list as this year, except we gave away our best pick we have had for 10 years for a fat injury prone plodder. After the resigning of Batchelor today he has shown he is no better than the rest of the FHeads at this pathetically soft embarrassing club.
I seriously hope this club implodes so we are forced to make the tough decisions. But knowing us it will take all of Dimmas two years to do so and our stars like Jack will be past their best.
Hanging your hat on Neil Blame is typical of the way this club is run and has been run for too long. The first job that fat old plodder had to do was clean out some of the deadwood which he hasn't done. I'm sure he is not to blame for any of it though.
He is the GM of football. He is not the list manager. That job belongs to BH. You do not understand his job big tone. How can he make the decision to resign players he probably knows nothing about (like Butler).

I wish people understood others jobs before making criticisms.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 11:00:07 PM »
Disagree with this. Thought the club was pretty succint, knew what they were doing/had to give up to get trades done and when an unexpected opportunity came up for Caddy made all the right moves. Media criticised us for being under prepared but I think they were just frustrated we weren't the fumbling mob we usually are.

Unlikely to lose by a record margin - Carlton arn't nearly polished enough.

I see us losing, Carlton getting out to an early lead (hungrier/harder/tackles and pressure) and piling on a few early ones whilst we trip over ourselves learning a new gameplan. The scum won't be able to maintain it, we might get a few back and loser by 30-50.

Yarran won't play but will be close to getting a game.

Overall it will be one to forget for the Tiges.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 01:16:39 AM »
You lost me at..

The list is basically the same list as this year, except we gave away our best pick we have had for 10 years for a fat injury prone plodder.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 08:04:57 AM »
Round 1 Votes
3 Votes C.Yarran
2 Votes.S.Hampson 🔨⏲😉
1 Vote.  S.Grigg
😉

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 08:34:56 AM »
Who will it be? Richmond
Why? Because Daniel Rioli and Markov go crazy and boot 5 goals each with Lennon chipping in 4 goals
What will be the margin? 63 points
Will Chris Yarren play? Yes

Eternal Optimist :pray :pray :pray

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 09:00:04 PM »
Reckon with the right team we will win well (say that fast a few times)
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 09:46:25 PM »

Who will it be?
Why?
What will be the margin?
Will Chris Yarren play?

Discuss

It was meant as tongue in cheek, apologies if you were offended
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 09:48:06 PM »

Who will it be?
Why?
What will be the margin?
Will Chris Yarren play?

Discuss
He has done FA.
He is the GM of football. He is not the list manager. That job belongs to BH. You do not understand his job big tone. How can he make the decision to resign players he probably knows nothing about (like Butler).

I wish people understood others jobs before making criticisms.
He over sees the list manager which has made another mistake under his watch. Do you think BH is the only one making decisions on keeping uncontracted players??
I think most would agree Batch is sh17house.
Do you think signing Batch for another year is a mistake?

I'm sure you are happy to give Balme a tick to start with for just being an ex Tiger player, but how about giving him a tick when he has actually made some sort of difference. 

Do you think Balme would be at Tigerland this year if he wasn't pushed out by Colloingwood even if we had offered him the same job?
He is only at Tigerland because he needed a job.

I'm happy he is here but I won't be patting him on the back like you until he makes a difference.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 11:30:42 PM »
Dan and Blair make the decisions. They know the players extremely well. I don't think Balme will make a decision which could destroy someones career without knowing much about the player.

I don't think anyone would want someone determining their career pathway without knowing that persons performance intimately.