Author Topic: Richmond board battle flares again with businessman Peter Casey to challenge  (Read 12304 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
I'm more annoyed she's not a life long Tiger fan - how can the President hope to represent the committed, loyal and passionate supporter if you haven't lived it yourself?
People love Eddie because it's Black & White that he's er, black and white.
We've had Clinton Casey and Alan Bond but we really need a President who bleeds yellow and black to be the president.

Sorry, I don't care the gender as much as I do the upbringing.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
This has Podesta written all over it
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
I have made my views on the constitutional changes that came on 5 years ago very clear.

Very few cared 5 years ago, because the nimber of people who voted proved that. Now everyone is up in arms about it where were you 5 years ago? Could have stopped it but no onegavea stuff. Can't have it both ways folks. Apathy, gave us tnis mess. I know people blame the board but members are to blae as well.
Correct.

Who's to say the system doesn't work?

And I don't think the changes were intended to be abused in the way that they are.
People are voicing their opinions now because there is a clear mistrust with our board/president.
I tend to agree on your last point. The whole purpose of appointment was to get good people in who wouldn't have come if faced with campaigning for votes. It was not meant to protect incumbents from having to face reelection.
The changes were always open to abuse because they removed the safeguard (us members' approval via a vote) from the Board process. Democracy isn't the best system when things are working well; it's the best system though when things aren't working well.

If the club wanted to bring people in with a specific skill set, they could have always employed them for a set period. The appointed director process lacked any accountability.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

And I don't think the changes were intended to be abused in the way that they are.
People are voicing their opinions now because there is a clear mistrust with our board/president.
What did I write that was so offensive you had to delete an entire sentence Willy?
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

dwaino

Only three more board challenges until Christmas. Can we start a poll on who will challenge next?

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka

What did I write that was so offensive you had to delete an entire sentence Willy?

I'm also bemused as to why.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

You made a baseless accusation that legally could cause trouble for this site.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain

Every one has lied at some point,more so the ones that swear they haven't !
 :lol
The first thing they teach lawyers is if the facts don't suit your argument then don't mention them.
Might explain the handling of the internal review.
 :shh

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:07:24 PM by Raoul Duke »
The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Heh...Mrakov trolling WP again....
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
Heh...Mrakov trolling WP again....
Trolling?
How so?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

The first thing they teach lawyers is if the facts don't suit your argument then don't mention them.

Your accusation was more than calling someone a liar

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
I think it was more emphatic than the former
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
This from the AFL is amazing in the amount of information it reveals.

While Dunne, a 1980 premiership player, only filled the casual position vacated by John Mathies in September, his spot needs to be put up for general election.
A little misleading. Dunne has to face election since the Matthies term was ending. http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-08-18/emmett-dunne-to-join-richmond-board

Ryan, meanwhile, has completed her first three-year term and will re-stand after joining the board in October 2013.
It should be noted that Ryan was APPOINTED to replace March in October 2013. She stood for election in December as his term ended then. I don't know if she was elected unopposed. Someone may be able to provide that info. It is noted that March signalled his end-of-year resignation in February of that year. http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-to-march-on-without-top-man-20130219-2epme.   html http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-10-07/kerry-ryan-joins-richmond-board

President Peggy O'Neal was to face re-election this year but has been locked into a fresh three-year term as the club's 'appointed director'. 
This is her second consecutive APPOINTED term. She was APPOINTED in 2013 and ELECTED to the presidency by the other board members in October 2013.

Under a 2011 change to the Tigers' constitution, the board can nominate an 'appointed director', who is effectively shielded from standing for a member election. 
The APPOINTED director serves out the remainder of the term of the director they replace. This is what is strange about these APPOINTED directors. So many of them occur in late September (Dunne) or October (Ryan, Speed, Walsh) before their election in November. It makes one wonder how onerous the job is when directors who have served for over ten years can't stand it any more and leave months before the AGM. Thus avoiding the board calling for nominations for vacant seats.

Lawyer Simon Wallace, who released an extensive 21-page prospectus of his views in August, is also expected to confirm his nomination ahead of Monday’s 6pm deadline.   
And we still await information from him about the removal of his "extensive 21-page prospectus" at the request of the club.

He has started a number of social media channels and is preparing to launch his campaign as a voice of the club's disillusioned members. 
It should be noted that Casey, like Wallace before him, is in breach of the newly amended Election By-Laws.
3.1 Election material only distributed AFTER the nominations period has closed.
3.2 "must not use the Club logo, name, promotional material, insignia..."
Section 3.4 contradicts 3.1 as it says "must not PRIOR to the date that nominations OPEN (or any other date specified by the Returning Officer) distribute....."
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Richmond/Club%20Promos/Richmond%20By%20Laws%202015.pdf
I told you it was comedy time.   

Casey has already met with the club's nominations committee, which is made up of O'Neal, director Rob Dalton, marketing professional Ben Crowe and Ryan.
And again (or still) we have a Nominations Committee which includes members who are standing for election against him and maybe the chair in Ryan. This is against the "charter " that the club released on their website on 4 November under the "club" tab. http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Richmond/Club%20Promos/Nominations%20Committee%20Charter%202016.pdf

Richmond has held just two elections in the past seven years, with directors serving long terms and standing for re-election unopposed.
Now I know that Russo stood for election last year but when was the other and who stood against Ryan in 2013 or was she elected unopposed.

The club has pointed to its stability at board level in recent times as a positive, but now has only one director – Rex Chadwick – whose initial appointment came via an election.
Note that Chadwick beat out Anthony Mithen in an election in 2009 to join the board.

Earlier this month the club's governance committee recommended that term limits for directors be introduced to the constitution.

Members will vote to amend the constitution at the annual general meeting on December 14.
I wouldn't be surprised if within the proposed changes is a removal of the limit of APPOINTED directors to two consecutive terms

Following Taz'z very useful post
GM: this change will enable the board to identify people with the expertise, and skill set, to significantly enhance the business of the Richmond Football Club.
it should also be noted that since this came into place in 2011, there have been NO directors bought in from outside.
The APPOINTED directors are/were:
2012 O'Shannasy
2103 O'Neal
2014 Free
2015 Dalton
2016 O'Neal again
These APPOINTED directors have never been publicly acknowledged by the club. I only worked them out by cross referencing board membership against election notices.

A possible reason why NO outside directors have been APPOINTED may be that organising of resignations a month or so before elections allows the Appointed one to stand as an incumbent and in the past this has often seen them elected unopposed.

Edit: I've added a lot of the links so people can look at the source material if they wish.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:05:38 PM by RedanTiger »

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
This from the AFL is amazing in the amount of information it reveals.

While Dunne, a 1980 premiership player, only filled the casual position vacated by John Mathies in September, his spot needs to be put up for general election.
A little misleading. Dunne has to face election since the Matthies term was ending.

Ryan, meanwhile, has completed her first three-year term and will re-stand after joining the board in October 2013.
It should be noted that Ryan was APPOINTED to replace March in October 2013. She stood for election in December as his term ended then. I don't know if she was elected unopposed. Someone may be able to provide that info. It is noted that March signalled his end-of-year resignation in February of that year.

President Peggy O'Neal was to face re-election this year but has been locked into a fresh three-year term as the club's 'appointed director'. 
This is her second consecutive APPOINTED term. She was APPOINTED in 2013 and ELECTED to the presidency by the other board members in October 2013.

Under a 2011 change to the Tigers' constitution, the board can nominate an 'appointed director', who is effectively shielded from standing for a member election. 
The APPOINTED director serves out the remainder of the term of the director they replace. This is what is strange about these APPOINTED directors. So many of them occur in late September (Dunne) or October (Ryan, Speed, Walsh) before their election in November. It makes one wonder how onerous the job is when directors who have served for over ten years can't stand it any more and leave months before the AGM. Thus avoiding the board calling for nominations for vacant seats.

Lawyer Simon Wallace, who released an extensive 21-page prospectus of his views in August, is also expected to confirm his nomination ahead of Monday’s 6pm deadline.   
And we still await information from him about the removal of his 'extensive 21-page prospectus.

He has started a number of social media channels and is preparing to launch his campaign as a voice of the club's disillusioned members. 
It should be noted that Casey, like Wallace before him, is in breach of the newly amended Election By-Laws.
3.1 Election material only distributed AFTER the nominations period has closed.
3.2 "must not use the Club logo, name, promotional material, insignia..."
Section 3.4 contradicts 3.1 as it says "must not PRIOR to the date that nominations OPEN (or any other date specified by the Returning Officer) distribute....."
I told you it was comedy time.   

Casey has already met with the club's nominations committee, which is made up of O'Neal, director Rob Dalton, marketing professional Ben Crowe and Ryan.
And again (or still) we have a Nominations Committee which includes members who are standing for election against him and maybe the chair in Ryan. This is against the "charter " that the club released on their website on 4 November under the "club" tab. 

Richmond has held just two elections in the past seven years, with directors serving long terms and standing for re-election unopposed.
Now I know that Russo stood for election last year but when was the other and who stood against Ryan in 2013 or was she elected unopposed.

The club has pointed to its stability at board level in recent times as a positive, but now has only one director – Rex Chadwick – whose initial appointment came via an election.
Note that Chadwick beat out Anthony Mithen in an election in 2009.

Earlier this month the club's governance committee recommended that term limits for directors be introduced to the constitution.

Members will vote to amend the constitution at the annual general meeting on December 14.
I wouldn't be surprised if within the proposed changes is a removal of the limit of APPOINTED directors to two consecutive terms

Following Taz'z very useful post
GM: this change will enable the board to identify people with the expertise, and skill set, to significantly enhance the business of the Richmond Football Club.
it should also be noted that since this came into place in 2011, there have been NO directors bought in from outside.
The APPOINTED directors are/were:
2012 O'Shannasy
2103 O'Neal
2014 Free
2015 Dalton
2016 O'Neal again
These APPOINTED directors have never been publicly acknowledged by the club. I only worked them out by cross referencing board membership against election notices.

A possible reason why NO outside directors have been APPOINTED may be that organising of resignations a month or so before elections allows the Appointed one to stand as an incumbent and in the past this has often seen them elected unopposed.

Love your work, Eagle.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain

Your accusation was more than calling someone a liar
Hard to reply to that Willy as you removed it but I said nothing that was incorrect.
Sometimes simple things get over analyzed and interpretations become unclear.

:police: